1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DD's first fall :(((((

Discussion in 'Infants' started by jhalli27, Jul 5, 2010.

1. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

DD is 7m 3wk old... and she had her first fall yest :(.

fell from the bed. my dh who was with her on the bed fell asleep accidently. bed was abt 1.5ft high. rest of us were busy in house chores. on hearing the sound we knew she fell. not sure if it was face down or on back. but she bled a little bit from the nose - about 2 drops. it stopped almost immediately.

mil got paranoid and hysterical and started to wail badly. DD was already crying. dh felt like ****. anyways, we rushed her to hospital to be sure nothing was amiss. dr was not in town so assistant checked her. said clinically she was fine and asked us to observe her. she seemed fine for entire day yest and this morning - usual active self, no vomiting , feeding normally, etc. only a slight irritation which i guess is due to pain. dr said pain wud go away in 2 days.

now, dh and mil are literally dying of guilt and sadness. seeing them im also getting worried. is there anything i should be carefull about?

i feel she is fine... but ther negative attitude is bringing my confidence down... what do i do??

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi jhalli,

watz happening with your LO..i guess this is the 3rd incident..take care girl..don't get tensed or worried..my prayers and wishes for the LO.:hiya

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Jhalli,
    I second Cindhu. Dont be panic and god's grace nothing happened.
    Why dont you put her on floor having a mattress while sleeping. If you wanted to keep her on cot, try to adjust her in between 4 pillows on all sides.
    Please take care.

4. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

third fall?no!! its the first fall - thats what my post says. and i would most certainly remember any other incident!

anyways, yes u ladies are right.

@priya_mommy - i do keep her on the floor. but now she is experiencing separation anxiety or what i dunno. but she howls like crazy the moment we move out of her sight. im working so mil takes care of her. and mil does not believe in making the baby cry at all... in the veenings i see DD. and the moment she is alone, she cries!

pillows - have tried that. this time too she was protected on all 3 sides - dh on 1, bed headboard on other, her crib on one side. the open side was piled/blocked by pillows. apparently she leapt over it or was half way on the pillow. maybe the pillow itself made her slip her hand/lose control.. really dont know!

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

yup jhalli just a wk back u posted that ur DD fell off.... anyway my DD started falling off way too often ever since her 6th month, so since then we have our mattress on the floor, since we cosleep.if u have a crib for her, pull up the rails!dont let her play on the bed, either keep her on the floor or get a playpen.

7. Mevitha

Mevitha New IL'ite

Dear, this had happened to me as well. I called up the nurses crying and they told me if the baby sleeps for long ( after the fall) or the nose still bleeds then check with the doctor again. Else it should be fine. Since baby bones are still not strong, they will not fracture or anything. So keep calm and take care going forwards.. I am sure this has happened to every mom.

8. minivara

minivara Junior IL'ite

Hi jhalli,

dont u worry. mine fell when he was 3 mos old. rolled in his sleep and fell "thud" on the floor. missed the thick comforter on the floor and close to the nightstand :( we freaked out and when we mentioned to the ped, she laughed1 i certainly didnt expect that reaction. she explained that it is very common and as long, as they remain active and continue their normal behaviour for 24 hrs, they are good. having said that, i would exercise caution, play pen, crib etc. i have started mistrusting pillows on the bed..they simply are not a good fortress!

hugs