Coming to Seoul, Samsung City

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by bhawabhi, May 31, 2010.

1. bhawabhi

bhawabhi New IL'ite

Hi All

i am Bhawana married and have baby of 21 months. My husband has got his intern in Samsung and we will be in Seoul for approx 2 moths. we will be staying in Gangnam Artnouveau city, 1330-4 seocho dong seocho gu. This will be in service apt. I will need to buy some grocery as i have a baby who is picky in eating.
    please can someone suggest me a close by Indian grocery shop.
    Also I am coming from Los Angeles so will it be wise to buy things that r of need from there itself or shall I think of bringing them from here. With things, i mean kitchen utensils actually hotel is providing with some kitchen ware but as u all know indian food prep. requires some special things...;) so shall i buy there or shall i carry frm here( keep in mind baggae limitation)R there any other tips you want me to consider...
    Thank u all

2. nehamittal432

nehamittal432 New IL'ite

hi, i dont know u have already arrived hee or not..But u shud bring belan to make chapati, twa, pressure cooker..and tea sieve...actually for last i dont know exact eng name. i m student here in korea from last march.and for starting try to bring small amounts of spices and dallein (pulses) (small amounts)..because it will make easy for you. I dont know exact situation of your place in korea as i m also new. but in Itaewon and Suwon you can easily find all indian items.

3. nehamittal432

nehamittal432 New IL'ite

And, if you are getting good relocation money thn it is ok. otherwise bring small packages of all things. As i m a student so i brought like one piece of all (soap, toothpaste, brushes, shampoo, lotions etc.). It may sound funny as u r cuming frm usa..but it makes u easy till thn u get familiar wid place..Buy one phrase book for english to korean. That will make ur life easy here. I think u can easily find in usa.