Finest Post -September2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla
    Thank you for your compliments which I always cherish. Nothing has given me a more enduring satisfaction than our little pact!

2. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    Thy generosity knows no bounds! No one has praised me this much since my mother did it when I was a toddler in her arms!
    Nothing gives me a more enduring satisfaction than our little pact!
    Thank you for every thing, Kamla! I feel overwhelmed.
    Sri

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya,

I merely stated facts. You are too kind sir.:)

L, Kamla

4. Gem

Gem New IL'ite

Hello Kamla,
    How are you? Glad to know you still remember me. It is an honour.

Just finished a round of assignments and I have got a part time job that is keeping me busy. I will pen in a middle as soon as I can.

At the moment catching up with reading all the wonderful posts in IL (in between breaks). It is a joy reading so many interesting news, stories and articles in IL.

Love,
    Gem

5. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My dear friends,

When there is a vast elite gem of writings hidden here in this site, it may be difficult to pick up as every one has its own merits in conveying the messages to the readers.

As a newbee here, my heart goes to thank our dear sri sir ( Cheeniya's wonderful creative articles )

TDU is an another delight to read and relish.

Yet to read others in detail and hope the deserved gems gets its worthy share.

Happy to be associated with all of you.

Subbu

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gem,
    The honor is all mine, surely. :) How can I not remember you ? I enjoyed reading about your day immensely. It was full of humor and the writing was so lucid that it took pictorial form in my mind :) You have a talent to write and please do write more. It is a sincere request.:)

L, Kamla

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Subbu,

Welcome to Indusladies. I wish you a very pleasant time here and enjoy. I know, the choice of good write-ups here are many and the task of finding them can be daunting. That is one of the reasons that the Finest Post of the Month came to being !----->

"We in IL sincerely believe that good posts should not get lost in the myriad of threads and posts being posted in the forums daily. This is one way to bring them back to life and also a small token of ours( moderators and administrators) to salute all the members here who post some inspirational, thought provoking, humorous articles to make our days better."

I have quoted my fellow moderator Vandhana's words above for your benefit. Please look into the Finest Post Index as it lists the selected nominations besides providing an easy link to them.

Cheeniya and TDU have been enthralling us with their contributions for quite some time now and we will never tire of them !! Browse around the site and discover the gems strewn all over and also, please do not forget to bring them back here to nominate your favorites! :)

Main thing, have fun !!:yes:

L, Kamla

8. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir,
    Your hopes are 200% right.I always nominate with the thought of getting more viewers read the concerned article or whatever it may be.That is it.My idea of nominating a particular post is that worthy post should be read and the readers get to know abt the happenings,updating their knowledge,enjoying the post,sharing,exposure to various things which may or may not get noticed.According to my pont of view nomination of post is just to have the readers get noticed of that post and joy & sharing of that post should be utilised by every one.And it is only the quality of the post(as said by kamla) and the contents in the same which tempts the viewers to read.So nomination of post is done irrespective of the person and the likings and dislikings towards the same.Again sir i whole heartedly nominate your post.Thank you sir,you made me express my total view on the "nomination thread"

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  9. Cheeniya

Dear Bhargavi
    That was a very clear statement of your views of nominating a post. That is the right spirit of nominating a post. A person whose post gets nominated must also have the same spirit. He/She should be happy for the nomination since it will fetch more viewers. To see his/her circle of readers expand through nomination should give greater joy than winning the prize.

Let me share my thoughts with you. I'll be completing 65 in about three months. I have been writing for over 5 years and I have a small circle of wellwishers who read my stuff and comment on them regularly. I never really got myself unduly concerned with the number of views or FBs that I got but after coming to IL, the increasing number of my readers has started giving me a unique feeling that I have never experienced before. The adoration that I get here which is partly due to my age makes me yearn for more and I just dont understand this phenomenon.

I now realise that neither age nor experience mellows our craving for recognition no matter what we say of ourselves! It is this craving that is keeping the blog world alive and kicking! I dont see anything wrong in it. After all , craving for recognition of what we do is more pardonable than craving for recognition of what we dont do!
    Sri

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  10. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir and the nomination committie of Indusladies Team,

Thanks for highlighting the good topics & encouragements to writers.

I join with all the members here to Congradulate our Dear Sri sir :2thumbsup: and expect many more members greetings.

The humble reply from Sri is quite amusing and Glad to be amongst the vast galaxy of gems here.

Subbu