1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life teaches Grit!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LightOfVictory, Jun 19, 2010.

1. LightOfVictory

LightOfVictory Junior IL'ite

:) Actually, this user name is a literal translation of my real name.

Thanks Kamla ji.

Nope, it does not amaze me. But it does amaze people when I say these words. This was my first realization as a teenager. Things might have been really different if it were to happen at my teenage or later. Since it happened at 6, it is like me growing with it and so it is my second nature.

When I read what you had written first, I was like, did Kamla ji overheard me somewhere ... :crazy may be telepathy ?!!!!! :rotfl

As I grow older and older, my admiration for her keeps growing multi-fold.
    She is very spiritual, that might have helped her..

hmm...I have to agree that there had been very few instances where I have felt bad, but just few seconds. But otherwise, the attitude and grit was taught my 'nature' for my survival in the mainstream... basically my survival instincts.... no special efforts from me as such...

Thank you very much. Hope the other gal is doing good.

This is my first (meaningful) post and thanks for nominating it.
    I had written it (elsewhere) last year. Recently I shared that link with my boss (I really respect him a lot). Seeing me and the post I had written, he started saying that I should write a book. His encouragement in general and my friend's insistence on posting here, made me post it here. I am glad that someone liked it. :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  2. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi
    congrats on your winning the fp. am wonder struck and ve no words. wonderful and most powerful positive attitude. may god shower you with all his blessings dear.
    lov
    usha

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear

Congrats on winning the FP. May God shower your with everything and always victory be with you

love
    viji

4. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

Dear LOV

Way to go gal!!! I am in love with your attitude!!

May happiness always be with you....

Regards
    jayashree

5. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations on winning the FP for last month. What a fine post!:thumbsup

That is a million-dollar attitude you got there and just for that my hats off to you.:hatsoff

I think every ILite who reads your post is going to walk away with a healthy dose of your 'Grit' that will help them tackle their own challenges in life and for this I am very thankful to you. I think your boss is right in suggesting that you write a book. You should really do it and I wish you the very best in achieving that goal.

6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi LoV,

I admire you for learning the Grit that life teaches. I fully agree with you when you say..in a reply to one of the feedbacks here...

Congrats on winning the FP too. Wishing you all the best in all spheres of life.

Bye

7. fida2002

fida2002 New IL'ite

Hatz off to you, Light of Victory!!!:hatsoff (you are really one)

if only Icould find the right words to describe what I feel right now

beautiful and touchy narration, and yes, from you post i feel your mom has been immensely responsible in developing this positive attitude in you. Bravo:thumbsup

do keep writing, the world needs to much positive energy that people like you can really make all the difference

8. LightOfVictory

thanks Usha for your wishes :) sorry about the late reply..I was on a vacation to 'Windy City' for few days... when I come back and login to IL, I am surprised to see 'June winners' :)

9. LightOfVictory

Thanks Viji Ma'm for your wishes. I am delighted to have wishes from a person like you :)

10. LightOfVictory

Thanks Jaishree for stopping by.