1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Hello Mommies,

I logged in after so many days and typed a BIIIIGGGGGG post. Just before submiting the post, was called on for a meeting. I come back to see that the connection is lost and my reply has gone :bangcomp:

Have to run again for another meeting. Sorry for not replying all :bowdown

I had taken off from Mon to Wed as I was not feeling well and FIL got backache and was bedridden for 3 days. Had a good time with DD amidst all the pain. Last weekend we got her two pattu pavadais (one for ear piercing function and one for ayushomam). Also got a small cute earrings for her. That was the only shopping we could do. Planning the rest for this weekend. Hope everything goes well.

Wish you all a happy weekend and happy long weekend for all in US.

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Nitha - Smart Kids - Pre-Reading Skills and the others in the series (total 4 ) are activity books I like (DS loves!). They may be a bit too much for Chinnu right now though. A subscription to MAgic Pot is another idea. Navneet Publishers also has other titles.

Raj - good to see you here again! Your community sounds wonderful and I'm glad you are making friends so soon.

Yes, this is how it is with school for most kids (how else would I make any money ;-)?). I guess somewhere down the line the kids get better at defending themselves but I do hate it too. I agree that by the time you actually have symptoms you would have spread the infection already because for most viruses the prodrome is the most infectious period.

You know what I will say...NO :) Try substituting with water if you want to.

:thumbsup Wow! I'm glad you told her that; I dont know if I would have. I can be terrible about avoiding confrontation.

Vidya - lovely pic of S!

Latha - maybe you could start with a small business after lil A starts preschool and soon you'll have a way of making some money out of this talent. I know I'll sound all feminist and preachy here but I do think women ought to do more than cook and clean once the kids start full-time school. I'm not saying paid work but something - a serious hobby or volunteer work etc.

DS is better today; skipped school but no fever or pain. We have a busy Sunday schedule so hope he's totally ok by then.

V.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  3. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Thanks so much girls, I feel like i am secured after reading all your posts.
    Sometime i really feel like i have people to whom i can share my feelings. Thanks once again:thumbsup.
    Sterday was a so bad, DS had fever in the mornning and some allergy all over his body..went to the Pedi in the morning at 8 and came back only by 11.30 AM...then i got ready left to office and reached office by 1...immeditely at 1.30 i got a call from MIL saying LO is so cranky and she cannot handle him...I asked her to feed him something and make him sleep...I was getting calls back to back and finally i left office at 3.45 (breaking a meeting inbetween) and rushed home at 4.30...the moment i reached the parking area, LO saw me from the Balcony and started crying...i didnt even park my bike, i rushed up and you know what girls, he just jumped from MIL and came to me, hugged me like anything...tears were rolling....he hugged me for atleast 15 minutes and didnt even leave me till sterday night...I thnk it is seperation anxiety...
    MIL's issue, i dont know how i am going to manage...my parents wants me to be with them atleast for sometime, so that LO would be with them..LO being the first and only grandson for them, they love to be with him. But that is not the case here, LO is the 4th grand son. But dont know why MIL is not understanding our point. I still feel, she knows everything, but just for the sake of EGO she is not letting me go. If i say anything against her, then thats it...I am gone...our house is fully MIL dominated place and no body can say anything against her and no body will. BIL is the only person who go against her.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  4. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

AD, Nice to see that your mom is recovering and you are enjoying your time with P.

Vanathi, Hope Aadhu is doing well now. Poor kid.. must be hurting him.

Latha, with all the skills you have why don’t you start up a small scale home business and then see how it works for you and may be things will fall in place once you get an idea. I envy you dear. You are a STAR. J

Raj, Welcome.. welcome.. Nice to see you here after a long time. Wishing you an easy third trimester.

Tikka, Ramya.. tell me about talking to DH. I at times feel I live alone inspite of being with him. But hey you know what silence is nice too at times and I am used to it now.. L

Uma, You are not alone. I’m also sailing in the same boat. No talking to DH case… May be try putting the kids to bed early one day and try to see if you/he can open up. Though I say this, I’ve been very unsuccessful in this for he seems to be busy with his head buried inside his laptop all the time..LOL

Ramya, Arranging for big parties is not new to me. I was the one who initiated and arranged for house warming, my own seemandham (traditional baby shower). Then I felt I had all the time but now my time is shared with DD as well. No complains I’ve started planning a few weeks in advance. So I think I should be ok.
    And great work opening up to your MIL. So both SIL and BIL live with you?

Padmini, Hugs to you dear. May be tell MIL that you’ll visit your mom for a day and call from there saying DS is unwell… I know.. sometimes we need to play crappy tricks.. Not so good.. but if it helps us and not hurts anyone… May be yeah… I go by Thiruvalluvar (Lie if you need to and if the lie doesn’t harm anyone)

Ladies, Took DD to a dollar store yesterday to check for return gifts. I didn’t like any there. This girl made a big scene for a balloon there. I held her and looked at her and calmly said, “I’ll get you a surprise if you remain quiet” and it worked… She was well behaved though she did show that she was just two now and then and was asking me..”amma .. supise…”. And after reaching home, I gave her a couple of stickers and she was excited. J

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Padmini, I can feel the tension from your post, hugs, call me often. How is H now?
    Rajjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj, welcome back:) Baby shower happened or yet to plan one? Get pampered :) Post us pics of your new home, I want to see your arrangement on color wheels, and your latest pic :) Do post here often, you were missed :)
    YesBee, SS, when are your LOs' Bdays?
    Ramya, thats Greatttttttttttt on the phone call :)))) Motherhood does teach
    a lot of things for us na? we change a lot, but for good :)) I notice, when i eat something every 2hrs, i am all enthu, +ve and energetic, when my battery goes low, I go mad!
    Vanathi, hows Aadhu now?
    Tikka, how is K?
    Latha, email me your RTI plan, we would get into a business deal, you make cakes, i market them, dont tell this to anyone, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :rotfl On being SAHM and the chores, we dont have to do the dishes and vacuuming here, we have maid, but in your case, u got to do that isnt? Hence the time. When the little one too goes out to school, you would feel more into a routine and things wud fall in place :)
    Vidyaa, Welcome, this thread has a special place for everyone :) I have a friend in Chennai, we would meet once in 2months or so, send kids and DHs out, we chitchat, cleanup and share the work, at both our places, alternating. We love this. I had been there some 2weeks back. Next is her turn here :) Nice na?? how abt baking some teething biscuits for S? I saw some simple receipes from wholesomebabyfood and homemadebabyfood sites.
    AD, Welcome, how is mom now? Enjoy your time with P ;)
    Nitha, We subscribe Magic pot, we have the bruno series, all 6books, these were DD's first set of books, she loved to read. Till then, she wasnt greatly interested, Bruno caught her attention somehow :)

Girls, my updates, not so good, had a tiff with DH today morn on a silly issue, but all my recent mouthshut episodes, errupted out today like a valcano, dono, i even spoke about going separate ways, :hide: but i didnt meltdown, i was clear on what our problem is, and told him, if we cannot sort that out, we cannot live under one roof. My expectations were upto sky when i got married, now its just upto my height, i cant shrink my expectation levels anymore with him and I am clear this way. He didnt talk well after coming back too. I am not bothered, gonna keep mum, let him take time, to think over. I have soo many plans this weekend, mostly going-out types, to keep my sanity :) He is a real nice person otherwise, but we both are self-made, strong-headed personalities and that makes things worse :))
    Uma, are you reading this? Samepinch :)

Exact opposite topic - his Bday is on 10th Oct, 2010, any gift ideas? This gift plan holds good, even if we go separate ways, lol :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

:biglaugh you crazy girl....I dont think anyone could stay angry with you for long... Oct is so far away - do you plan that much ahead?

SS - that was nice having a bribe like that work :) Lets hope she continues that way for a while atleast.

Padmini - you poor thing. Hope H is doing better with you around this weekend.

Nothing much happeneing with me. Got a full-day visit to see DH's cousin sis tomorrow. She's visiting from the US and A is so excited at the thought of getting his gift :hide:

V.

7. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Pon same pinch again......I too just spoke about seperations talks, he diconnected and switched off the mobile. I knew it's switched off and wasted my time trying 20 times(serious) and listening to the voice mail msg......decided not to call or attend calls till atleast 8.00pm, u know what all this happened at 11.00 am, he called my mob at 12.30, i just didn't attend the call, but immediately called him back from land line.........:bonk.....And same pinch Dh's b'day is also in Oct it's 15th........
    Nitha where week end patch up, he's working today and will be back sun morn......slp thru till afternoon.....imagine the rest with 2 kids.....
    Vidhya thanks for the vibes but hope it reaches me and i'm able to tom......
    V thanks for this, I emailed him and this is the reply
    Tell her since the word is from the Ped.. I have agreed to it.
    But like to know why she says so..
    Regards,
    Chandra Sekar
    Sorry for too many ques.......again n again on the same topic.....
    SS as u say i too am unsuccessful.......we talk a lot on phone, but these days end up in arguments these days.....

My big hi to all others....b4 i start my rant........
    Here is the long story.........As u all know DH has been asking MIL to come n stay with us.She loves to be here n roam arnd, but her ego wouldn't allow her to do so. I'm very sure she's been refusing for name sake, but deep in she wanted to come(not to stay with granddaughters etc, just to live here to roam arnd n all x n y reasons other than paasam on all or just lonliness). But she kept torturing DH saying she's sick all the time, n wouldn't know if she could even survive flight journey(as if it's hrs tog):rant. Dh was upset over all this n decided to visit her in jul....know what she says to DH to come n pick her up in Aug, she's not sure if she can travell alone something might happen etc etc.....Now i very well know her health prob is all a drama....I asked DH to call the neighbour(who's a good friend). She didn't even know anything about she's sick, they meet everyday.....As usual DH did a patch up. I may sound mean but she's not at all worried about FIL's death n she feels she escaped from cooking n doing things for him, n get son's sym n etc more n more(trust me I'm very sure on this n FIL is a very nice person).That's the reason i just can't let go or even respect her....While this is aside, she had mentioned she can't get along with me or something like that. Earlier DH had asked me to go n take rest at mom's for sometime, but he wasn't that serious....Past 2 days he's insisting me to go......I feel he wanted me to go since his mom is coming, though this is pos for me....I feel it's not fair to ask me to leave....He never sent me for delivery, we had both kids here, whenever we go it's just 2 weeks n we r together always, he doesn't hesitate to stay at my place......It's 5 1/2 yrs and not once did i go alone n stayed without him, he left me here n went twice for 2 weeks that's it. Now going for 2 months i feel........though i love to go, i have a sort of mixed feelings.....Hope i've expressed myself clear or have i confused u all.......Anyway thanks for listening.......
    I have plans to talk to him sometime tomo, hope i get the time first...let me see what he has to say......if i'm patient with him i can get things done...but when i hear MIL's drama and the way he melts makes my blood boil and i burst...just can't keep quiet n get things done.....Anything i just burst out........
    All have a gr8 weekend.....I'll update u all on Monday(hope it's a cheerful post.....)

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear alll...
    Terrific game by germany..there goes Arg :))
    It is long weekend here and we both decided not to make long travel. Just do the short trips and lot of pending things to be cleared. Also my monthly visitor came earlier.
    Planning to buy an easel for chinnu dear.
    Yesterday;went to nearby park; an Ilte(Gokusha) also came with us. It was a good timepass.

Pon and Uma; two smacks from me coming your way!!! Talking about seperate ways... don't do that. Both you come back with cheerful self. Have a good weekend.... and you too vanathi.
    Take care
    Nitha

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Nitha, congrats. I dont know how I missed the announcement. Happy moderating. Ah, I was wondering which of you moms were watching football. Should have realised you will. Dang, I wish I did not give up on TV during the tennis matches and football matches. Must have been a brilliant game. I followed the Italy slovakia match from the fifa site and then gave up.
    Hey what I did not understand was that do you require books that can be used as teaching aides or just info-oriented rather than fiction oriented books. My bad.
    Latha, has the jubilations already started in Germany streets. The last word cup we were in some kutty town in Belgium where people were all out on the streets and have all night parties near giant screens.
    Pon, Uma hope things ease up soon. Another October born husband here! What's it with October men and fighting with their loving and nices wives. Bad boys! Hope to hear more cheerful news from you two ladies.
    SS, Cant they stay at that stage forever, so trusting. I used that recently with my son. He prefers instant gratification now ;-)
    V, K is getting very curious about who is getting what for him. He goes directly to his grandmas and ask them what have they made for him :-D Went to his perimma and asked her what has she got for him :hide:.
    Padmini, your LO is going to feel the tensions between you and your MIL. So, he may not feel completely comfortable with her, especially not when he is unwell. I cant imagine how it is for you at work, hope the lil one is feeling better now.
    We had a very lazy Saturday, K is with his grandparents staying overnight for the first time. R and I dont know what to do with this quiet house. Actually, we do ;-) Have a lovely Saturday. Tom, we have another family get together. It is the fifth anniversary of my sis in law and my bro and 39 years since my parents marriage. There I just dated myself, but I hope to stay in my marriage for as long without kiling each other

10. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

girls,

for once we rushed through all shopping and watched the match as a family:) it was terrific... ich liebe Deutschland:)))) such a fine game. it has been very very long since i watched sports this well. i used to watch tennis, cricket with my brother before wedding. he used to swear, jump, scream and that enthu was so infectious. today i enjoyed like that.

don't know about the celebrations Tikka but the streets were deserted 1/2 hr before the game started. we saw people fetching crates of beer from the shop downstairs;) it's been a horribly hot day yet the open air telecast spots were houseful. i can't wait to watch Germany fetch the cup:)

Oh Uma... you're so like me. i too fight with DH, tell him not to call me and then go on calling like a possessed person:( something similar happened when my ILs visited us 4-5 yrs back. i insisted on going to india when they were here. DH told me this - this is your house and you must not run like a coward. yes they'll give you a difficult time but fight it out. well i fought or not, DH stood by me or not is all a different tale. decide looking at all possible angles. even today i know DH respects me that i lived through that phase though he hasn't told me so openly:)

V,

i'm laughing out loud about A expecting the gifts. our kiddos are very smart:) have a blast on sunday. i loved that activity thread of yours. and also realised how less i do after little A came along. it's hard to balance both kids' needs. i'm getting fantastic ideas from there.

Tikka,

thank you for guiding me to Tulika. the books (bilingual) i bought this time are a hit. I'm reading them often to familiarise DS with tamil letters. and he's doing good. the friends who visited us last week loved the books.

oh don't worry.. if not that long we'll manage a decent period of married life;)

Pon,

hope you followed my tips;) i sometimes think our mom/grand mom generation of keeping a distance with husbands was a clever idea. now we all live as a nuclear family and the stress is too much. i have had days when i cry/scream about going back to my parents and then 1 hr later challenge DH that i'll stay with him and make him suffer LOL. this morning too, after a clash on shopping timings, he says i provide enough entertainment and hence huge savings on movies:( he calls me drama queen:((

tomorrow is expected to be the hottest at 38degC. i've refrigerated lemonade with mint and ginger. and had a lovely banana split today itself. no way of keeping up with my diet plan that long ago existed:(

have a stress-free, fight-free sunday...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.