1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My life is crumbling!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priya g, Jun 25, 2010.

1. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

It doesn't matter whether he is having affair with her or not. The point is, if you do not want him talking to her, he should STOP no matter what. I can't understand why he would do something that is making YOU, his wife, so uncomfortable, just to maintain a hi/bye relationship with your friend. Tell him once and for all to back off from the friend. He needs to stop contacting her. If he asks why, just tell him it makes you uncomfortable! That should be reason enough!

p.s. Priya, just read your reply that you have already sorted the issue out with your hubby. He handled it right.... by agreeing not to call up your friend like that anymore. And you handled it right by being honest and telling him that their communication was making you uncomfortable. Good job.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Priya, you did the right thing by having a word with him and telling him you are uncomfortable. I am sure he would reduce/stop contact after this.

I do not agree with ASG, especially after 10 years of being married, you both would have formed a commitment and unspoken loyalty. You telling him to STOP is only going to flare things up. Tomorrow for a silly thing if he says STOP talking to your near and dear, you should be prepared to stop talking to them. Anyway, just my opinion that if he is gonna stop anyway, why do you have to be the bad and come across as a dictator? All in all, I am glad that you have sorted this out.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  3. priya g

priya g Senior IL'ite

When I was discussing the matter with DH, he asked me if I felt insecure of my friend? he said "you sound jealous" and he asked me "why". For some time friends, I kept thinking...was I insecure of my friend. Maybe so, 'coz she is ineed a good human being and I used to feel that her good nature would be so much liked by my DH! And that I might lose him (what a silly thought)! But when i was discussing with him, he explained to me that he would not be interested in her simply 'coz she is a nice person. His words- "you are my soul mate, my wife for now more than 10 years...even the best woman in this world can not replace you".

I am happy now, but still being a suspicious kind have asked him not talk to her behind my back and that I would not stand it. I also told that unless he gets in the "receiving" end of such a behavior would he understand the pain and anguish!

I think I gave the message across to him. thanks asg..rakhii for all the genuine responses..

4. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

:wowFinally one happy ending in the relationship forum...

All of these problems wouldnt have arised if you would hve learnt to trust the man in ur life. I know being on this site is still great for most of you, but why does one not realise that while reading and giving solutions to other member, one does not hve to create the same situation in your family life....
    summary...its always easy to give advice to others...but how many of us actually implement on the same advice.

5. amaman

amaman New IL'ite

Your life is not crumbling if you sort it out with your husband.

As a wife, you have the right to know what your husband is doing as it is his right too to know what his wife is doing/feeling. Hiding things from each other would mean you are not yet husband and wife.

Sit with your husband on a quiet afternoon and tell him what you feel. Discuss things out threadbare. And also spell out the consequences if each one has things to hide.

There is no perfect situation - not even in a marriage. Unconditional loves are an exception and they are very rare. If yours is an unconditional love you wouldn't care what your husband is doin - you would love him allasame.

It is an understanding with different conditions set out on each other. Gives and takes are a precondition to life.

Sort it out with him and make your move

6. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi priyag
    rightly as i said your life was not crumbling. so in future dont panic and jump to conclusion. there is always a way out for everything and anything in this world and it is upto us which way we are goin g to go.