Places to visit in Chicago

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Mevitha, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Mevitha

Mevitha New IL'ite

Hi friends,

We are planning to visit Chicago for first time with a 15 month old. Since we are going on long weekend of July 4th, ie. Sat and Sun, Please can anyone who has visited or from Chicago, let me know the places I should visit in this short time. I would like to know the places I should not miss and can be covered in 2 days. If anyone has an iternary already planned and tried, it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. sarika03

sarika03 New IL'ite

Hi

There are lot of things to see and do in Chicago..We had also done chicago over a weekend couple of years ago but i dont remember the exact route we followed..
    But here are some pointers for the sites..
    Buckingham fountain
    sear or Hancock tower for excellent views
    Navy pier and cruise - Abs touristy place
    Millenium park - there is a famous bean structure inside
    Michigen lake for its crystal blue waters
    Hope you have a good trip..

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
  3. Mevitha

Mevitha New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. We enjoyed the trip a lot.I can give our itinerary. We parked at the Soldier parking. To the left of the parking was Field museum and to the right was Shedd aquarium. We passed by Field museum and took a bus to Millennium park, saw the Cloud Bean and Taste of Chicago( a food festival). Took another bus to Navy Pier and strolled the place. Then we took a water taxi to Shedd's and went to the aquarium. So we covered almost all the places in a day. It was a short trip that we had planned as our DS should not get tired. Some other places to visit would be the Devon street and the Arora temple.