1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Girls am moving to Pune tomorrow.....am both excited and nervous at the same time.....how do i manage DD alone??? I have always had people around all this while....hope i manage well. Wish me luck girls....Donno when i'll login next....not sure whether we have internet conn out there....
    busy packing now.catch u all later!

2. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

I typed a big reply a couple of days back only to see it vanish :rant. So now here goes another one...

Latha - That was a nice conversation between both the As. Children truly are amusing and intelligent, only we dont have the time to enjoy it. I am sure Ananya learns a lot of new things from her bro.

Btw, regarding my absence here in IL, at the moment, we are building top floors on our existing house. You can imagine what the mess must be, to stay in the same place and build. I am finding it very tough to handle Benu's explorative self. He wants to play with all the sand, stones, cement which is kept outside the house. I end up bathing him around 3 times and washing his hands and feet umpteen number of times..All this amidst my office work and doing other routine work...so hardly get time to peep in.

Krithika- How is Kiran now. Hope he is better now. Its really difficult to see our kids suffering from any ilness.

Vanathi - How is Aadhu liking his school? Does he cry to go to school?

Pon- So S has started troubleshooting problems for you! - about the MIL, i mean. So really smart of her...and really nice of her to encourage her brother. Normally kids with younger siblings get jealous of too much attention going to the younger ones, but I think S is soo sweet.

Sindhu - How are you> How is P and V> Has P started going to school?

CC - Ben is doing good and so is his reading. Now he reads with any font and any font color, which I was initially doubtful if he could do.

Ramya - that was thoughtful of you to gift your SIL. Who takes care of your baby when you go for work?

Sri - All the best for the move...You will manage well, don't worry!

Where is Raj? Has she settled in her new house...

Btw, do any of you make good ice creams at home? I made one a few years back which turned out really good, but haven't tried again because of the repeated blending/freezing that is required. I blend in FP, which I feel is little time consuming. Do you think an electric hand blender will do the job? Ideas please.

Happy weekend all of you!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  3. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hello girls,
    I am back, days have been hectic; somehow today have managed to login from office and say hi to all.
    Sri – Good luck with your move. You are doing great. I got the updates from here J Aparna is looking sweet in the profile.
    Tikka – How is K now? In rains its best to stay away from outside food, just as a precaution. Reetha (soap nuts) mixed with water and applied over the tummy soothes the cramps. We do well on ajwain water, we got from Mangalore. Pray that K recovers soon.
    V – I think you are very regular at work, me too J)), wishing both of us a great weekend.
    Vidya – Shibu is making mommie happy with kisses, it a wonderful feeling. Enjoy the kisses.
    Latha –Marble cake, this is a must try this year atleast. I am regular with bread puddings these days, Lenora likes it.
    Shukri – Hair fall is normal after delivery, DD has already turned one and it drops, yesterday, I applied mehendi somehow I see the volume in the hair, I think while nursing one does tend to exhaust the supplements and vitamins, spinach and amla included in the diet are good for the hair, but I am yet to find good spinach during the rains and amla I am yet to buy J I trimmed my hair the other thinking it would solve the problem but no.
    Pon – S is very tactful, you are lucky, you didn’t have to barge in.
    Girls,
    We have booked a 2 bhk and will get the possession by Dec 2012, 2 1/2 yrs to go. I am happy about the investment. As far the money crunching and funds goes it’s all in the game now but I am enjoying the new challenge.
    Work is increasing day by day and DH is complaining that I am not been able to give time to Lenora, 8 pm is late ok J I have cut down on the internet time as I am dead tired by the time I reach home and running after Lenora there on. Somedays DH is busy on the comp with his friends/ work so I don’t get the laptop. I have been feeling bad not to give the good news earlier, but girls the news is all yours now.
    I am working today girls half day. Had to do some updates so that the week will be peaceful then J
    Lenora is running these days looses her balance and falls, everything is a double work, right from pulling down things, on one side, I am enjoying the time with her, but yes, it give me a good sleep, I am out by the end of the day.
    Ramya, AD, Aarthi, Sindhu, Radhee, Uma, Yesbee hi to all. Will catch up with you later.
    Have a gr8 Sunday and a happy week ahead J

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Lyn, congrats on your new home. It does feel good to own the roof over your head.
    Radhee, I have heard of ice cream makers. There was a time when we were considering it because of K's allergies. Sorbets that are available in the shop are really, really expensive :hide:.
    Sri, good luck with the shifting. It must feel good to be back with your DH for longer than two days a week. I am sure you will do great there.
    Uma, that was hilarious. Looks like you know how to get your DD's attention, eh? Ditto-ing V on hair loss. Mine grew back like a jungle soon after the first year. At 5 months PP I had such fine tameable hair for a short while :).
    Good luck with the pom situation. Are they not very high strung dogs, my neighbours' pom was such a nervous badly behaved thing as long as they lived in the flat. It often pooped either right near our house or managed to come inside our house once and pooped in the middle of our hall :crazy One breed I am not fond of at all.
    Latha, what is zaiqa? A blog? I love thakkali thokku and it now turns out I love all pickes. Must try it. Have fun at Legoland
    Ramya, that could easily have been me and my brother, ya know?!? I talk more with my sister in law than with my brother - our relationship is rather strained and distant. But I get along famously with my sis in law. Actually I talk to my bil more than I talk to my brother lol!
    Pon, shalini is a lovely child. Wish I can learn some of the survival skills from her ;-). yay for V waving. Soon you will be waving bye to him as he goes to school and maybe then you will feel the need to work again ;-)
    SS, true about milk allergies. Our paed says children outgrow most allergies by the time they are pre-pubescent. But I know a few people who have been asthmatic all their lives too. I am hoping for the best scene with K, hope it is so with your LO too.
    Thanks ladies for keeping K in your thoughts. He is still not ok, ok. His appetite is not back up again and he is still on probiotics. He still complains of tummy hurting before he needs to poo but I think he is also using that as an attention grabbing technique. Gotta see how he did in school today. All work done for the day. I have an entire afternoon free to give K allthe attention he needs ;-) and of late it has been a big need.
    Have a great week ahead all of you.

5. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Ladies, Back to routine today morning:)) DD off to school, packed lemon rice with channa, cauliflower curry for her lunch, MIL left yesterday. DS napping :) Mommy busy with her comp :))
    Girls, my sis's wedding would be on Oct22nd, at Madurai. I am feeling jittery already, about travelling, food for 2 kids. And managing the wedding works:bonk And i feel butterflies in my stomach, as if am marrying off my own child. I keep calling mom and sis for updates and wedding plans.
    Vishal learnt to wave hands and makes finger gesters as if he wants to call - vaaa vaaa. He shouts - eeeeiiiiiiiiiii and then shows hands like - comeon, comeon, mostly to DD :))))))))))

K, keep us posted his school updates. Are you considering working again yet? I am giving a thought on and off :))) ya, am waiting for the school days of V already :)
    Ramya, am not into baking yet, DH is stillll setting up a table for that oven! Strict orders that I shouldnt bake with the oven on counter top :) How is Adw these days? And your work? Thats a nice gift for SIL. Tell me how many of you are there at home? A big family uhh?
    V, how was the day at your SIL's? Weekend? Aadhu's uniform pic taken?
    Latha, busy with trips and friends haan?
    Vidyaa, how is shibu? Vaccination done? I did it last thursday.
    Lyn, Congratulations :) Thats a super nice feel na? 2 yrs would roll off soon. With a toddler and work, it must be really busy for you :)
    Nitha, how are things? Done with your book review?
    Sri, am sure you would do well at your place :)
    Aarthi, are you reading this? call me NOW :))))))))
    Radhee, you are doing a great job yaar, toddler, WFH, house building, hands full :) Keep us posted :))
    Uma, :rotfl on that conversation with DD. Enjoy your time, till pet/MIL or both arrive :)

Bye girls, its windy, rainy and shunshine, all at a time, gonna make a chai with tulsi, anyone wanna have one?? how nice it would be, if we all could skype, have a cuppa in our hands, virtual cheers and chats? :cheers

People on FB, send a HIiiiiiiii to Raj :)
    Anyone know updates from AD? The number i have isnt reachable.

6. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Radhee - Hi. So who is overseeing the construction? Will youo be moving into the top floor? Yes children like to play with most things we do not expect them to. DD never likes any toy that we buy. She is happier with the vessels from kitchen. And my SIL lives with me, she also works so does not take care my DD. It is my MIL who takes care of DD.
    Sri - Good luck with your move. Let us know of how you setup the new home.
    Lee -Congrats on the new home. You will get used to the crunching. Where is this? Mumbai?
    Tikka - Hope K gets better soon. What do u pack for him for school? When you say 'All work done', I really feel J. I can never make that statement. I wait for Sat/Sun and on Momday morning I feel bad that I was not able to complete half of what I planned.
    Pon - Good about your Sis's wedding? Is Mdu your native? We are 8 people at home and my SIL stays in the next block, which makes it 11.
    Count me in for the Tulsi Tea.
    Update - DD is becoming hard to tackle. she cries when I leave for work and doesn't let go of me. I am not able to give her a bath as she gets up late and MIL does it with the help of maid. I really feel guilty about it. I feel as times goes by, more and more work is given to MIL. What do I do? The key is to make her sleep early so that she wakes up early and I am trying really hard.
    DH is travelling every week and comes home only on Sat/Sun :((.
    Yesterday there was a major scene that SIL created, but as I was not involved, I do not care much. At times I wish people just leave us in peace.

JUST A THOUGHT - WIsh all of us ...OUR gang ..lived in an apartment or as neighbours ....we know each other well and are not judgemental ..we will be able to share our loads physically, mentally and emotionally, right? ....Just a thought .... If we only we could speak to our family like how we speak here, may be relationships will change and will start becoming enjoyable.

7. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Lyn - congrats on the flat! Have you started thinking about interiors, furniture etc.? I love doing up a new place!

Uma - Poms are nervous dogs - we had one when I was a kid and he bit everyone in the house at some pint excpet me! Do you like dogs?

Pon - lunch menu sounds good! I didnt take a uniform pic today - A was not in the mood and I didnt want to push my luck :)

Sri - hope you make friens in Pune - then you wont feel lonely.

Radhee - I hear you on the construction. Both the houses on either side of ours got built in the last 2 years and we have lived in cement dust for so long.

I had a good Sunday. No movie but still we had a lot of family time which was great! Got A a drum/tambourine yesterday and he is having a great time banging away on it - dont know how many hair cells (in my ear) I'm going to lose in the next few weeks :)

V.

8. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Girls....

Logged in to say a quick Hi!.. We are in Pune now....Setting up the house bit by bit....Still living out of suitcases....Have loads and loads of stuff to be done...No internet conn at home yet..logged in from cousin's place
    Very happy to be with DH now...but at the same time missing folks back home :(
    More than me its DD who is missing her grandpa...she'd gotten very attached to him...poor baby she was searching for him in all the rooms yesterday calling out..athatha...athatha..
    Will take her some time to get used to jus 3 of us.
    Gotta go now...keep posting!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

V, I hear ya (not sure you can hear me though ;-) ). Someone we know told us that they got their son a full (a full!) drum set when he was around 5 and then had to hurriedly sound proof his room after that.
    Ramya, no power this morning. So could not bake muffins like I had planned. Had to make a roll with peanut butter and jelly (jam) for him. looks like he was really hungry at school though. Polished it off.
    Pon, he apparently ran into the school today, got his shoe off and had to be reminded to take his lunch bag with him :-D. R called me first thing to tell me all is well.

10. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear ladies;
    Hope you all had lovely weekend.
    We went to a beach and a small cruise to commemorate my birthday:cheers. It was fun; xcept the fact of adding a year to my age :)
    I have added the bikini pic of chinnu to the album. I was the best dressed female in the beach;) Still do not find to get into a swimsuit.

I will drop in later. Lot of cleaning and three loads of clothes to fold. This is why I hate trips; the extra cloth folding;)
    Take care.
    -Nitha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.