1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Send Gifts to India Online

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by simi, Jul 22, 2005.

1. simi

simi Junior IL'ite

I want to send few gifts to my people in India. Wondering whether any of you have bought gifts online and sent to India?

Though I see lots of ads with attractive captions about sites for sending "gifts to India", they have the prices of items (Indian items are in USD) listed nearly double or triple their normal price. Did not find it to be worth paying so much, especially when I convert and see the value in Rupees :roll:

Kindly suggest if any of you know sites with reasonably priced gift items to send to India.

Love,
    Simi

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005

2. sheeba

sheeba Junior IL'ite

Check out this online store based in Bangalore!

Hi Simi,

I recently moved to the US from Chennai. While in Chennai, I have purchased for myself in this online store - Fabmall, few electronic items and groceries too. They took around 10 days to ship electronic items, but groceries were delivered the next day on ordering. Though they are based in Bangalore, they have depots operating major cities in India to take care of order fulfillment. In my opinion, reasonable prices similar to buying in retail shops.

Check out the below link:

Fabmall Handicrafts

3. sonu

sonu New IL'ite

Thanks - I purchased gifts in this site

Hi Sheeba,

Thanks for your posting about the site - <A href="http://www.fabmall.com/fabmall.asp?affid={9E052284-F728-450A-84D2-67D4B6AC630B" target=_blank>Fabmall.com

I purchased rakhis for Raksha bandhan to be sent to my brother in India. It's a cool site and I got the rakhis for a decent price and looks like they will ship it within a week.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  4. Shal

Shal Senior IL'ite

Gift Sites

Hi Simi,

Did you check indiatimes shopping or tajonline.com? I dated my husband for over a year before getting married to him. Because of the distance between us(me in India and he in the US), we always sent each other gifts through both these sites and trust me, they both are great! Tajonline especially, writes personalised emails explaining when and how the gift is going to be delivered. Like once I sent a friend her bday gift through Tajonline and the gift got delivered before time. Upon enquiring, they promptly replied that since there was a 'bandh' declared in bombay the next day, they thought it would be better not to take chances...see how personalised they are?

Check 'em out:)
    Cheers!
    Shal

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  5. sanju

sanju New IL'ite

Plz Tell Me About Sending Online Gifts

Hi ladies ! how ru evry 1? can u help me plz....

Actually my brother's bday is coming but he is in another state i whted him to give some suprising gift but i doesnt know how to send by online .I heard tht we can send gifts frm online how to send it plz tell me.Wht ever u know about this process plz respond me.

THANKING U IN ADVANCE

6. keshavkutts

keshavkutts Senior IL'ite

7. sanju

sanju New IL'ite

Re: Plz Tell Me About Sending Online Gifts

Thank u kavitha for replying me.Actually i m frm A.P ,I whted 2 send to karnataka state .I have searced many sites but im not knowing the process.Can u explain me in details all.plz

8. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

9. anu74

anu74 New IL'ite

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

Re: Gifts to India

hi ,

i have sent sarees to chennai from the chennai silks and from pothys. though it is delivered on time. there is lot of diff to see on the screen and in person. so try sending some simple ones which doesn't have too much zari's , b'cos if there is less zari u can view the saree little more clearly.