1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What are the movies getting ready for the release???

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sujanags, Jun 23, 2010.

1. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

I have started this thread to discuss on the movies that are getting ready for the release (be it any language :)) . You can add some details if you know - like lead actors, director, music and if it is a remake..

Let me start first....

Tamil:
    Thillalangadi - direction by Raja, Jayam Ravi and Tamannah in the lead roles. I guess this is remake of a Telugu remake.

Naan Mahan Illa - direction by Suseendran (he has directed Vennila kabadi kuzhu), Karthi and Kajal aggarwal in the lead roles.

Both these movies are getting for the release in July.

Hindi:
    Khatta Meetha - direction by Priyadarshan, Akshay and Trisha in the lead roles. Heard that it is remake of malayalam movie.

2. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hi Sujatha,

Nice thread.
    Yeah its a remake of Telugu movie Kick starring Ravi Teja and Ileana.

3. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Thanks Godschild. I think Raja has not taken any movie in his own style yet, still remaking movies.

I guess Raktha Charitha is also getting ready.
    - direction by RGV. I don't know more details except that Surya is the lead actor.

4. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

It is confirmed that "Naan Mahan Illa" is slated for release on July 23.. t is going to be Karthi’s fourth release, in three years and the third this year after Aayirathil Oruvan and Paiyaa.

From Internet..
    "it is about a happy go lucky guy played by Karthi being drawn into a cesspool of crime after an incident changes his life. Kajol plays what the director says “a cute girl, something similar to what Asin did in Ghajani”.

Karthi says: “ Suseenthiran says that my character in NMA is similar in nature to the moody yet jovial characterization of Karthik in Mani Sir’s Mouna Ragam. The film is racy and I play Jeeva, a typical middle class Chennai youth and the story is a slice of life in a big city. It is a stylish yet realistic film.”

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  5. winnny

winnny New IL'ite

galz...how did you find Russel Crowe In Robinhood?i absolutely loved the movie!

6. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Looks like the Tamil movie "Endhiran" is getting ready for release in August. audio release will be this month end.

Director Shankar has written in his blog that the entire shoot of Sun Pictures magnum opus Endhiran was over on July 7 at Sun Studios.
    The last song was picturised on Aishwarya Rai and superstar Rajinikanth by choreographer Remo.
    Writing in his blog Shankar says- “It was a very, very happy moment for everyone. I think this is the first film where I am doing the pumpkin breaking pooja (Poosanika Udaikiradhu) with the lead stars Rajnikanth & Aishwarya Rai.”

7. shaliniku

shaliniku Senior IL'ite

Aamir Khan’s new film “Dhobi Ghat” is due to be released in 2011. The film is directed by Aamir’s wife Kiran Rao and is produced by Aamir himself.

Though due for release next year, the film will visit the international film circuits in 2010 itself! Its first screening will take place at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).

Dhobhi Ghat stars Aamir and Prateik. It leads the Indian selection of seven films at the London Film Festival which is scheduled from October 13, 2010 to October 28, 2010. This is Kiran Rao’s debut film and the festival organizers hope that Aamir will join his wife at the red carpet function for the film in central London.

:thumbsup

8. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Thanks Shalini for sharing the news.

Does Amir Khan's wife know directing? I mean does she have any film background?

9. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Tamil Movie "Boss Engira Baskaran" has been released today.

It has been carrying very good reviews and it seems the movie has abundant energy and unlimited fun.

10. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Suja

I hear that Endhiran will release on Sep24...
    Tomorrow is the trailer release..

I saw the hindi trailer in youtube.. did anyone else see?