1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Planning to move to Texas/Florida

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by newmom27, Jun 23, 2010.

1. newmom27

newmom27 New IL'ite

Hello friends:

We are planning to move to either Texas or Florida soon based on my DH job offers. Would appreciate if you could let me know the cities/towns where there is a lot of indian population for us to buy a house.

Thanks

2. mbhatt

mbhatt New IL'ite

I have lived in both the states so I guess I can suggest you some places.I spent 3 and half years in Austin,Texas which is very fast growing city of Texas. Most of the well known IT companies have there presence in Austin. It is a nice and quite city but housing is relatively costly and indian population is low compare to Dallas and Houston. Flight connectivity is very less from Austin. Be careful about allergies. Dallas and Houston have lot of Indian Population and flight connectivity is very good.don't know abt. allergies in these 2 cities. weather is hot and humid in. We moved last summer in Tampa bay area, Florida which is beautiful place with lot of palm trees and lakes. I love this place. Indian Population is good. Weather is hot and humid.Most imp.housing is very cheap.
    I hope this info. will help you,
    Mbhatt

3. newmom27

newmom27 New IL'ite

thank you....a good start for us.

4. ranjann

ranjann New IL'ite

many Pakistani who,s are Sikh want to move in India

5. ashatanu

ashatanu New IL'ite

Hello,
    I wanted to know about the age limit for 1st grade and also good school in Houston?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010