Is there life after death

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by sillygurl, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Lejlacat

Lejlacat New IL'ite

Atheists say that God doesnt exist but the poof of his existance is all around us and infact we are the proof of it yes you may say it is only molecules that coinsiced with each other but who or what made this attachment??? no one knows infact gas made the universe but who made it in the beginig science can solve many questions but definitly not all !!! neither one religion can solve the question of what will happen to us after our mortal life the secret I think that relies in bits and pieces in every religion!!
    I grown as Christian and infact i worship one God but I think that go blind folded headon on one religion is not good,
    So yes i strongly believe that ther is an afterlife but I'm not certain on what will happen only God knows!!!:eek:mg::wink::wink:

2. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Even I have seen many ghost videos but how do we know the credibility unless its from our own experiences or an experience from a close person. :spin

4. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hi all,

Death is not the end for soul. soul will attain eternity once the desire and ego comes to nil balance. Soul has to ultimatly get synchronised with the Nature which is but zero desire and zero ego. until then when each time,one dies it gets mixed with panchbhutas (5 elements) as our body is made of 5 elements. According to the desire it had in the previous births, it takes birth again. This theory is based fully on TIME n SPACE. the soul does not die . it will wait the next parents to take birth to fullfill the desire it had earlier.

Bharathy.G.

5. winpie

winpie Silver IL'ite

Interesting topic.

Had a lot of laughs reading all the replies. The ones that gave most laughs were the ones that so vociferously denied the possibility of life after death - as if they had irrefutable proof from personal experience!!!!

As to the original question - have you thought about life after death, what happens and so on:

Yes such thoughts do pop up especially when someone dear passes away or when you see unexplainable traits in very young children.

I wonder about such things but have no beliefs either way.

That said, I like the thought that there might be life after death. You know, the thought that if you don't get what you want now, there will be a chance to get it in another realm or life!

Believing in life after death has two very great advantages -

1. When you can't bear the bad things that happen in your lives, blaming it on actions of a past life relieves the pressure:):)
    2. When there seems to be no chance of getting what we desire in life, there is solace in thinking we can get it in the next:thumbsup
    But these are things that only those who have faced unbearable pain in life can comprehend. Belief in GOD, or in After Life provides a support through those times in our lives that would otherwise break our spirits.

So for those who believe in it - i'd say you have an inbuilt support system to help you in difficult times and -
    For those who don't believe - i'd say - I hope you never need the prop of such beliefs in your life!

6. SamTHorn

SamTHorn New IL'ite

Here's a thought.

It has been proven that your body looses about 2 oz at the time of death. If this is true then everyone may have a soul.

:cheers

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Not exactly. Though a set of experiments were carried out by a physician during the first decade of the 20th century, they were poorly designed and have been resoundingly rejected by the scientific community. The experiments consisted only of six test subjects, out of whom the results from the deaths of four of them, were rejected by the doctor himself since the subjects died during handling and a proper measurement was not taken. The other two individuals showed a decrease in weight post mortem but the amounts were inconsistent. One of them showed a decrease in weight of around 3/4 of an ounce which is close to 21 grams, the number that has stuck in the public's imagination and become an urban legend. The other person showed a much smaller decrease in weight. The doctor who conducted the experiments himself acknowledged that his results were inconsistent and no valid conclusion could be drawn from them.

Besides, he used animals as his control subjects because he was a Christian who believed that animals did not possess souls. So his experiment was based on the premise that when animals die there should be no decrease in weight whereas when a human dies there should be a decrease in weight and that this decrease must be because human's possess souls. In scientific parlance this is known as 'circular logic'. One cannot design an experiment based on one religious belief to prove another religious belief. In short, these experiments were an utter failure and any story that was born out of them is purely an urban legend—a myth.

8. vijayanarasimha

vijayanarasimha New IL'ite

Hai.
    Whether there is life or not I donot know for certain. as per our culture.hinduism we know that only for body dies and that we follow the karma/vasanas of our precious births,hence whether there is life or not let us enjoy the present though it is always not a bed of roses and pray and have faith in god to get us out of our hard times

vijaya:)

9. jayk

jayk New IL'ite

For those interested to delve a little deeper into the possible beginnings of life, pls. check out this topic 'Intelligent design - unlocking the mysteries of life', on youtube or Google.
    Its a very scientific 58min documentary and it focuses on some very interesting facts.
    my suggestion - everyone check it out!

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Oxy,
    And what is the proof you have that it is non-existent?:) Just kidding.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010