International Schools in Singapore

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by akalyaraju, Sep 6, 2007.

1. akalyaraju

akalyaraju New IL'ite

Hi,

We are planning to shift to Singapore. I would like to know about the cbse schools over there. Can you please suggest me some of the good ones?Thank you so much

2. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hi

Hi

There 2 very good CBSE schools one is Delhi Public School ( 1 branch) and other is Bhavan's(now known as Global and it has 2 branches).I am not aware of any other CBSE schools.I hope this info helps u.

Regds
    Ramya

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  3. vidhujagan

vidhujagan New IL'ite

4. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hi friends

Thanks Vidhya for correcting me.

Regds
    Ramya

5. akalyaraju

akalyaraju New IL'ite

Re: Hi friends

Dear ramya and vidhya,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Yours
    Akalya

6. Mihika

Mihika New IL'ite

Indian International Schools in Singapore

Hello friends
    I am looking for a good school for my daughter who is almost 4 years old. We have decided to put her in an Indian school but cannot decide between GIIS and DPS. I would grateful if the parents who send their children to these schools give me their views.
    Thanks
    Mihika

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: indian school in singapore

Hi Mihika

Welcome to IL.

I have been thinking abt putting the same queries and thanks for doing so.

I hope those SingIlites who have put the kids in these schools will input soon.
    Best of Luck.

8. NeerajaSur

NeerajaSur New IL'ite

Hi Mihika, (and Hi Vijee)

I have many of my friends who have their children going to either GIS or DPS. Some of my friends have even worked there.

Why do you want to send your kid to an Indian School ? Are you looking at relocating back ?

From all the feedbacks I have received from my friends, they either send their children becoz they were on transferrable job or just didnt believe in Singapore Public Schools.

In my very honest opinion, local schools are better off than indian schools. However, opinion differs. I would rather recommend NPS to these two. I heard NPS is bit more expensive than these two though, but considering their background and reviews, and comparing DPS and GIS standards, one can try NPS :idea.

Best of luck.
    :coffee Shoba.

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Thanks Shoba, for your reply.

As you have mentioned , it depends on why we prefer the schools.
    One main thing I can think about is: the 2 schools offering Hindi whereas in neighborhood local schools, kids have to go to mother tongue classes on saturdsys if they choose Hindi. Whereby Tamil mother tongue classes are in the weekdays itself, within the school hours.
    I have put my son in a local neighborhood school because I prefer the location which is just opposite to my block, so that commuting is very easy and I do pop into the school almost everyday as i am a parent volunteer. If the school is not nearer, I wont have the time or energy to go to school this frequently.

I am looking forward to see the posts from other SingIlites as well.

BTW what is NPS? do write abt it.

10. Mihika

Mihika New IL'ite

Hello
    Thanks for the replies.
    I am thinking of indian school as it will be easier for the child to adjust if we have to relocate back to India. I am also scared of the streaming culture in local schools and feel that the late bloomers are discriminated agaist here. My girl is quiet intelligent and talkative, but only at home. In school, she is quiet and does not display her full potential.
    Some of my husband's colleagues have even removed their children from local schools & put them into international schools because of the immense pressure on the kids.
    We have kept the option of local schools open. I will put her in the kindergarten of indian school and then later transfer her to a local school at age 7 if possible.
    Mihika