1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil's sister torture

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by hanifa, Jun 21, 2010.

1. hanifa

hanifa New IL'ite

Hello friends

I got married a year ago.My husband loves and cares me a lot.I have a peculiar problem.The problem is with my MIL'S sister.

We earn 40000 per month and give 10000 to our in laws.we stay in a different state from our in-laws.In the early days of our marriage my MIL and her sister tried to dominate me.They always criticised me.But i ignored them as my husband loves me a lot and as im not staying with them

My MIL and her sister used to call my husband at 11 in the night.My husband warned them which did not have any impact.My MIL as mother she can call at any time.But her sister just calls him for money.She did not even listen our request moreover the time was shifted from 11 to 12.30 in the night,

So my husband did not give his new number to her and told his mom also not to give her.After many days she called to my number at 12 in the night.When i was in my moms home she called me exactly at 12.45 in the night and invited me for a function which is in the morning and it takes 10 hours to reach their place.My MIL was with her at that time

My husband gave a strict warning to his mom a he is not talking to her sister.I reached my home and 2 days back i got a call again from my MILs sister.I didnt want to talk and cut her call.She did not give up.There was a continuous ringing and i lifted the call.

She started shouting at me saying that HE IS FIRST...SON OF US ...LATER ...UR HUSBAND.i will call at any time.who the hell are you..I lost my temper and cut the call by abusing her.

My mobile showed 124 missed calls in 2 days.Is she mad or what.She is unable to bear the insult then how can she insult others.When my husband tried to talk with her she started abusing me..so even he cut the call.

How to get rid of her.Today i have blocked her number anyways.But i think she will not give up.What to do?Im out of state to take an action.

I am unable to take any severe action on her as she is a widow and surviving with an attender post in a govt office

kindly tell me some tactics to deal her

2. APassionateOne

APassionateOne New IL'ite

Hanifa...Ignore all those. But be careful all the times, especially when you are alone. On phone..abusing, shouting and missed calls etc are stressful but physically harmless. But if they showed up at your door or your parents etc, it will be really bad. So, please be careful.

Let your husband talk to your in-laws and let them know that you both will not be taking all this BS from his aunt or from them. Also tell them that if this continues, you both may have to cut all contacts with them. I hope your in-laws can work it out with your husband's aunt and everything gets back to normal.

Don't take stress.

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

124 missed calls in 2 days.. wow a classic case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
    Dont abuse her.. she needs a doc.

Put your phone on silent mode from 10pm - 6am... and daytime deal like pesty personal loan selling calls... yes yes yes.. I have it.. I got it and put your phone on mute and in a drawer.

4. sweetmommy

sweetmommy New IL'ite

omg...there is no reason for any normal person to behave like this unless they have some issues mentally..Yeah,tell your DH that this is really pissing u off and he have to tell his mom that this is going out of hands and her sister has got nothing to do with his wife.

This is really ridiculous..what a world !!!

5. senthurpandiyan

senthurpandiyan New IL'ite

dear hanifa
    lot of ways to avoid attend the call , the problem is created by them only for money of your earnings and its shows thier in ability of earning money.this is the time to you much care full with relationship of ur husband. so keep away from ur mil and her sister,s home .
    and keep ignore them all time (ahimsa).at last i would like to say one thing this is your life , so decide what to do on this type of critical situations ,if u are going to asking advice you may be getting confused more

if your decision going wrong dont worry get the lesson from there and gofor the right one

6. hanifa

hanifa New IL'ite

Thanx a lot for ur response...

Yes we need to be strong in critical situations.Now i have absolutely no problem as i have blocked her number and even my DH discussed the issue with his mother

Yes AHIMSA that is to keep silent is the best way to avoid many problems....especially for our mental peace..:)