Believe in superstitions???

Discussion in 'North Eastern and Eastern States' started by bhaswatismiles, Oct 10, 2009.

1. bhaswatismiles

bhaswatismiles New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CIS%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hello Girls,

I wanna ask you a very simple question, how many of you believe in superstitions. I know that most of you do believe in superstitions. Some superstitions are really very funny while others are meaningless.
    I wanna know who of you all believe in superstitions and what are those superstitions?

This is gonna be fun…

Start posting…

Love you all,

Take care,

Bhaswati

2. aditimajumder

aditimajumder New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CIS%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi Bhaswati,

Well, I don’t have any superstitions and try forbidding others to believe in any superstitions. My mother was very superstitious but after I kept telling her, that this is just a stupid belief and there is no need to believe in all those. These days she listens to me and I am thankful to her for that.

But I too think like you that there are many who believe in superstitions and will post here.

Bye,

Take care,

Aditi

3. maddy26

maddy26 New IL'ite

Hello
    I strongly believe in superstitions.cat crossing your path is the worst superstition due to which i have suffered a lot.
    I will tell you one situation,one day me and my sister were in a bicycle towards our home,we were almost 100 meters apart from our home,suddenly one cat come in our way ,we thought nothing will happen and crossed the road and both fell down.from that day i believe in superstitions.

4. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

Wow Nice Thread ,

My MIL beleives in all soughts of superstition and practices which have no logical explaination even if there is an explanation that is itself illogical ...

I am a true non believer of superstitions AND Practices that by no way on this earth you can justify its practice in present times.

If you want my MIL list it is never ending.
    ex :
    Calling after a person leaves home
    Touching anything during periods
    Touching god during periods
    Cleaning whole table/place where rice utensil is touched without any rice falling there.
    Removing all clothes before going to toilet
    Pray to god without clothes OR Change to new clothes before touching god.
    Wearing jeans as it is divided wear and the stitch depicts the vagina...LOL on the crap
    and Saree even without blouse is a decent dress
    Talking and dealing with any intellectual stuff or any men related stuff in front of FIL.
    Not travelling on certain days
    Not using shampoos on thursday
    PostPartum Untouchability..This was the most sick and horrible thing she did.
    Tying hairs before delivery and open it at just point of delivery ..My doc was pissed
    Take 5kgs ghee atleast after delivery.
    Squeeze milk from breast out side house when coming back from delivery ...(crap)
    Throw away 5 days colostrum
    Not to touch a grain of rice/vegetable/fruit etc etc before Annaprashan to child by mistake also.
    Not to treat son-in-law as son
    Casteism - staunch believer..
    Gender bias - unlimited ..
    Color bias - unlimited.

Etc etc etc etc...endless .

These are just somethings without even thinking I could put here.
    She has loads of it ,all bad things in this world, the whole IL site will get stuck by processing so much data if I try putting them all her ...ha ha ha..She is an absolute crap herself.I believe people who are believer of superstsition upto this extent of my MIL . They should sent mental asylum for proper treatment

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  5. lollipop

lollipop Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhaswatismiles:) !

Nice to read your thread. Interesting one ! I personally don't believe in superstitions but I have seen many of my relatives and friends believing in them. I will relate here some :

1) not to look at bananas or even pronounce the word before going out for some important work. It is supposed to be a bad omen.

2)not to look at a broom before going out of the house.It is also a ill omen.

3)not to give or take something, especially money with the left hand.

4)not to eat or take eggs with you on the day of an auspicious day, like on the day of exam etc.

5)sneezing is a also a ill omen and you must stop for sometime before going out if someone sneezes.

6)not to place green chillies on some ones plate as you may have a quarrel with him.

7)not to look at an empty vessel before going out as it is also an ill omen.

8)not to show someone not to drop one eye closed as it is an ill omen.

9)not to take the name of tortoise on an auspicious day.

10)not to drop the water oozing from washed clothes.

11)women should step the house after placing their left leg first.

12)women should not take the names of their husbands,FIL and MIL.

This much for now. Will let you know more later.

Love,
    Lollipop

6. lollipop

lollipop Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhaswatismiles:) !

Nice to read your thread. Interesting one ! I personally don't believe in superstitions but I have seen many of my relatives and friends believing in them. I will relate here some :

1) not to look at bananas or even pronounce the word before going out for some important work. It is supposed to be a bad omen.

2)not to look at a broom before going out of the house.It is also a ill omen.

3)not to give or take something, especially money with the left hand.

4)not to eat or take eggs with you on the day of an auspicious day, like on the day of exam etc.

5)sneezing is a also a ill omen and you must stop for sometime before going out if someone sneezes.

6)not to place green chillies on some ones plate as you may have a quarrel with him.

7)not to look at an empty vessel before going out as it is also an ill omen.

8)not to show someone not to drop one eye closed as it is an ill omen.

9)not to take the name of tortoise on an auspicious day.

10)not to drop the water oozing from washed clothes.

11)women should step the house after placing their left leg first.

12)women should not take the names of their husbands,FIL and MIL.

This much for now. Will let you know more later.

Love,
    Lollipop