1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best Henna Mix

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by cindyboo, Jun 20, 2007.

1. susealex

susealex New IL'ite

This reply regarding where to get indigo is a bit late but it may be useful for latecomers to this thread.
    In Chennai, indigo powder is available at Eco Nut, a health food store in Besant Nagar (3, First Floor, E-34, Second Avenue, Besant Nagar, Chennai). This is on the same road as the Spencers Daily shop and can be found a little after State Bank of Travancore. They also have henna powder. Since this is an eco-friendly shop, their products are v.high quality stuff.

2. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thank u Priya for this suggestion and info.I will try your concoction this time and let you know....................

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    As per your suggestion,i tried the henna mix.I bought Ayur Rajasthani henna.I applied little oil before and put henna and stayed for almost 2.1/2 hours. I did not add the eggwhite.

The color came on so beautifully.:thumbsup
    :thankyou2:

geevee

4. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

I recently used Biotique Henna, it was really good for my hair. I wash with Biotique henna shampoo, apply in ur scalp and leave for 15 mins and then wash without any other shampoo or conditioner...your hair is soft n silky...

Enjoy.

5. vijayals

vijayals Senior IL'ite

hi all,

i am 22 yrs old female, my problem is the Grey hair, which i got from my school days, i tried henna conditioning ,it stays for 2/3 months max, i read in Aval Vikatan longggg time back about a herb which turns hair color to dark blue, but i dnt remember the herb name if any one here knew abt tat,kindly let me know.....

i am longing for tat....

Regards
    Vijaya:spin

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  6. Lalla

Lalla New IL'ite

Hi dear,

the herb, which you are talking about, is probably "Indigo" scentific name Indigofera Tinctoria, it is a plant that dye your hair with a blue shade; If you search in this thread at page 3 you can find other information about it.

Good Luck

Lalla

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  7. mkpriya

mkpriya Senior IL'ite

hai geevee
    good that u were able to get nice colour trying that mix.me also doing the same and felt that hair is soft and hair fall is less(touch wood).
    sorry for the late response

love
    priya

8. lattada

lattada New IL'ite

Does anyone use Karishma Henna for hair?

Hello Ladies,

Naturally, we all want to take good care of our hair and bodies which means we try to find the safest products available. In regards to that, I am trying to find the right henna for hair. I saw a brand called Karishma and was wondering what you all thought of it.

For those of you who have used it in the past, does it have any artificial ingredients or chemicals, dyes for preserving color/freshness or dark coloring? The word natural can be so misleading these days, you see. If you have other recommendations, please advice.

I have sensitive hair and I am already losing a lot of it. That's why I am so particular about what to put in my hair. I don't need deep coloring. Original color from Henna is good enough. Mostly, I want to use henna for keeping my hair healthy.

Please post your opinions on Karishma Herbal Henna or please suggest other options.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Rati

9. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Re: Does anyone use Karishma Henna for hair?

Hv'nt heard of this product before. if ur not sure u can try Hesh brand which is avail even in usa.

Most of the herbal or natural products will not harm the hair.

10. Asha25

Asha25 Senior IL'ite

Re: Does anyone use Karishma Henna for hair?

I havent used it but i know it has Amla, Shikakai, ARITHA,BHRINGRAJ and other herbs in it. I dont know how good this would work, as i only use pure henna. I used to use mixed hennas with herbs in it but it never made my hair "better" like the pure hennas do.