IVF - Need some advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mrudula, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sujatha,
    2-3 weeks you will be on injections to prepare for Egg retrival. These days if you are able to get permission from your office, then its fine. On the day of ER, you will need minimum of a day leave, if cramps are more, you may need more leave.
    From the day of ET, its your choice of taking leave. But minimum of 24-48 hrs bed rest is good, if possible you can take rest for 4 days(not necessarily bed rest though, no strenous works). I have seen people who took rest for all 15 days too.

I was there in hospital for 2 days post ET. Then i was in my mother's place & took rest!

2. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Vasu,

Thanks for the quick response. I will ask for leave for 1 week, may be that should be enough..

Let God bless us soon with a healthy baby,

3. Vasumathy

Thanks for your wishes dear...
    Hope you get the bundle of joy before going to IVF. Don't want people to face those toughest stage!
    Take care.

4. ssv

ssv New IL'ite

Hi Mrudula,

I have undergone ICSI (advanced tech of IVF) My doctor Dr.Sarath @ Apolo hospitals, Greams road, chennai.But mine was failure, still the process was so good and comfortable. They put me on injections from day 1 of my periods & monitered the growth of the eggs by scan everyday. On 15th day they gave me anesthesia and took out my 3 eggs outside and then did ICSI immdtly with my DH's semen, next morning they informed all became fertilised to a good A'grade embroyos and they implanted the eggs on next day afternoon without anesthesia, it was not painful and i saw the full process and it was wonderfull experience. By evening they discharged me with the prescription of injections & medicens.
    Nothing to worry about the process, it will be comfortable.

Wish you all success & baby dust to you

warm regards,
    ssv

5. Babydream

Babydream Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Though I don't have good news to share with you I think its time for me to share my First IVF experience.Few months ago I went to India for wedding,I was having good time in India but I can feel some vacuum in my heart.I was not happy,may be for the first time in my life I was not happy even at my own home with my parents around.One fine day I contacted my doctor in US and arranged everything for my IVF and returned to US.It was not so heard for me as I was not on BCP so I have to see my RE on day 21.Then started Lupron from Day 21,trust me I was so brave and I took healthy diet.Before starting IVF I decided not to browse anything so I kept myself away from internet.Retrieval & transfer..... everything went well and they transferd 2 - 5 Day Blasts and froze the rest.I was very confident that this will be success as everything was picture perfect and finally my beta was negative.

Our heart broke and I cried for weeks.I was very brave & confident during IVF cycle but I just collapsed after failed IVF.
    I always thought that IVF will work for us but when it failed I feel as if all doors are closed for me.DH was very supportive during this process but this was very sad news for us.

Life changed a lot after IVF.I am no more what I was earlier but still trying to grab myself and trying to console my poor heart....

Babydream

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  6. Vasumathy

Hi Baby dream,
    I can simply agree to all you said... I am almost in the same situation or condition. I couldn't be able to come back to normal.

When i talked to my ex-office colleague over phone, he says i am so dull & not like the older one who used to rock the office with comments!! I used to make fun at my VP infront of him. He will have no words to turndown my words! It was golden days in my life! I don't know where that 'me' is now! I don't whether i would be able to get back to normal. IVF failure brings vaccum in mind! I now understand the exact feelings of Priyanka after her second IVF failure...
    Hope we would be able to come back to normal.
    I don't know whether i would be able to be postive in my FET! Lets see!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  7. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Babydream,

Sorry to hear this. I know it is very hard. But we have a life to live and do something that will make you happy. I know its easy to say, but difficult to follow. My IVF is just in next 2-3 months. Quite painful process, I am really not confident that success is going to knock my door, but guess I can face it bold as its going to be 3 tries or start the adoption process. Its easy to say may be, I may be in your shoes if I face the real failure. I sincerely pray for you and vasu that you both succeed in your second attempts. Remember about babyboom she succeeded in her second cycle. Try doing deep breathing exercises and it will help you to relax and be confident.

8. bellatrix

bellatrix Silver IL'ite

Hi Babydream
    Sorry to hear this;
    It is like some part is missing in our life when we dont have a baby;

I hope that u and Vasu suceed in ur next attempt;

Lot of baby dusts to u!
    Ramya

9. Vasumathy

Thanks Radha & Ramya....
    Hope we would succeed in our next attempts...
    Thanks for your support.

10. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

Babydream

I am very sorry to read your IVF story. Please take ample rest and let your body come back to the normal state. I can imagine how it feels to see all the hopes dashed. I have personally experienced this on four of my failed IUI attempts.Each cycle begins with a slim hope and ends with the AF. But dont lose hope dear. Hold on to it and try to move on.

Babydream , vasu

At this stage of ttc, the only consolation we can have is that we have tried all that we possibly can. I know on some days how we feel our entire life is empty and meaningless. This feeling is more profound especially when we see our friends, cousins etc succeed in their ttc attempts while we struggle for years. But please dont this emptiness take over your life. Try to find other ways to fill this vaccum and engage your mind elsewhere.

Please remember "Our day WILL come. We just need to have the patience to wait". Dont lose the patience at this juncture. Hang on there. We will eventually reach our goal.

Honestly I feel so helpless reading yours & vasu's posts. That is the reason for this long post . sorry. If only we can get the power to re-write our destiny the way we want..

Radha
    All the best for your IVF. I sincerely pray that you do not have to go through more than one try.