1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Atlanta Ladies - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Induslady, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

We'll be moving next weekend.. 15-16 September. We are moving to "Conservatory" at Peach Tree Corners, Norcross. I'm yet to start packing.

I'll upload the photographs soon.

Cheers
    Hema

2. anitha78

anitha78 New IL'ite

Hello ATL Friends,
    This is my first post in IL...

Iam Anitha , from Tamilnadu.I would be moving to Atlanta within a week with my husband.We are planning to live in chamblee.

As a hobby i do painting and craft work and always looking out to learn more...! Love to cook and try out different recipes,like to travel to different places and like to learn their culture and living..

Looking for friends in Atlanta for guidance and enjoy my life there.

bye
    anitha:)

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Welcome to Atlanta!

Its a great place to live and I hope you will like it...:) The weather is nice & warm in summers and the winter although cold is comparatively better than the northern parts of US.

There are tons of Indian grocery stores so you'll find most of what you need for cooking etc nearby. There is a great store called "Jo-Anns" which is a paradise for art and craft lovers. I'm sure you'll like it...:)

We are planning to have a Indus ladies Atlanta get together in the last week of September. I hope you and yr husband can come to it...:) that would be a wonderful way to start making some new friends here...

I look forward to meeting you and I hope you'll find Atlanta as nice as we do...:)

take care..

Aarushi

4. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Moving is always such a pain...I hate all the packing and unpacking...I hope you have some help...or are you guys planning to do it alone?

take care..
    Aarushi

5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Anitha - Welcome to Atlanta and to IL!

6. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Hi Aarushi,
    We have a couple of good friends here as well as in the new apartment so it shouldn't be much of a problem. But yes.. I really hate all the packing and unpacking too. Hopefully everything goes smooth. I'm still dreading to even start packing.

Btw I watched Chak De yesterday at the same theatre that you guys went to. Great movie and thankfully my husband liked it too.
    And we were the only 2 people at the theatre watching the movie. But we were too engrossed in the movie to even realize that. As you said the theatre was very good once we entered although it didn't look all that good from outside.

Hi Anitha,
    Welcome to Atlanta and to IL. Good to see our Atlanta group expanding. Which part of Tamil Nadu are you from?
    Cheers
    Hema

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Hema,

Lucky you got a whole theater for yourself! Must have been like a special VIP screening!

8. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Yes Nivedi,
    No less than a VIP screening. Maybe we ILites can go for a movie if something good comes up.

Cheers
    Hema

9. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Good idea, Hema:idea: May be we can wait for Dhamaal.

10. Varshak

Varshak New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

My name is Varsha and I am originally from <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hyderabad</st1:place></st1:City>. I have been living in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City> for the past 6 years. My friend Aarushi told me about his website and I am very excited to join the community.

I have a Masters degree in Professional Counseling and I am currently working as a therapist in a non- profit agency. I love to reading fiction books, addicted to reality shows, traveling and try new restaurants.

I am so excited to join the group and connect with you all :2thumbsup:

Take care