Art of Living members....meet here!!

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by raginiprakash, Sep 6, 2007.

1. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Dear AOL IL'ites,

This thread is dedicated to our beloved Guruji, who's brought so much happiness, joy, peace, laughter, togetherness & compassion in our lives!!

I'm starting this thread after chancing upon some AOL members here & thought it would be wonderful for fellow AOL members to join in here & share our experiences with the course, how we happened to do this course, AOL happenings in our cities & of course! our love for our dearest Guruji!!:mrgreen:

Let me start with myself............I did the course in July 2005 in B'lore. At that point, i was working with a highly stressful job profile & desperately wanted to de-stress & bring that smile back on my face, which i had lost along the way & life for me seemed extremely complex, it was tough for me to accept anything or anybody for that matter easily or as it is. I was very sensitive & i used take everything very seriously. That's when my mother suggested that i do this course.

I took her suggestion & enrolled for the course & thoroughly enjoyed it & felt completely rejuvenated!!!:) After that, i regularly attended follow up kriya sessions & satsang & the word stress vanished from my life forever.

Guruji's grace, the knowledge he's imparted to us & the Sudarshan Kriya changed my attitude & perception of life.

Now, i'm an extremely tolerant, patient, happy (who doesn't need a reason to be happy) person who can accept anything or anybody the way they are, without any expectations. I can smile through many an unpleasant person or situation.

That's about my experience....hope you all will come forward to share your experiences or just about anything about AOL!!:mrgreen:

P.S: Thanks Kurunji, for responding & supporting my suggestion of starting this thread.

Jai Gurudev!!

Ragini.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
    1 person likes this.

2. arti

arti New IL'ite

JAI GURUDEV!!!!!!!

to all members of indusladies.............hope to find more friends in this group........

3. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Everybody needs a support , guidance , a beacon as it were showing our path in life ; and friends who will reaffirm the positive and keep alive in you, the faith that everything will turn out fine ... however bleak the present may be. I have found such a genuine bond in The Art of Living community .
    Responsibilities & circumstances take us away from who we really are & clouds our vision, our statements and actions & also our perception of others. The powerful and subtle sudarshan kriya gently guides us back & helps us remain balanced and at peace , at all times.

During one basic course, our teacher narrated this to us :

It was just like any other satsang conducted during Guruji's presence. He would come on stage, join in the singing, encourage everyone to joyously participate and after the customary ending of the lilting 'Jai jai radha raman hari bol.......', he sat down to answer the questions asked by the bhakthas in the form of chits of paper in a basket beside him. As he was answering them in his usual introspective and jolly style, one question read :"Pujya Guruji, we the common people come from all over, facing many transport hurdles , planning days ahead, saving for these travel expenses in advance etc...but when we come here, we are given only the very back rows ; from here, we can't even get a satisfying darshan of You. But the celebrities travel in luxury in their comfortable cars and are seated right in the first few rows, where they are in your direct sight. They enjoy the programmes totally, while we have to strain our eyes/necks to catch one clear glimpse of you. We are left un-noticed, while these high profile people get all your blessings ."

For this, Guruji smilingly replied, "Who said I don't notice you ? You [who wrote this message] are sitting to my right side, a few rows from the back , next to the man with the child on his shoulders. A breeze blew your way a few minutes ago & disturbed your wavy hair -- you combed it back in place with your fingers , smiled at & touched the baby on his cheek and resumed your singing. I know who you are ....... wherever you are I know my children ; I know when they need me ....Now do you agree that I notice everyone of my children, wherever they are....... " So saying, Guruji smiled and looked directly at the very man who wrote this message.
    The man was shocked beyond belief-- tears of immense faith welled up in his eyes and utterly moved beyond words, He bowed to Him in complete and total surrender .

Whichever part of the world we may be in, we are always taken care of by His love. His grace envelopes all his children, no matter what state, society, religion, country they belong to.

Jai Gurudev.

4. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chennai Ilites,

JAI GURUDEV!!

There is a Mega Part I AOL course conducted in all AOL centres in Chennai.

Duration: Oct 1st 2007 to oct 7th 2007.

Venue: All AOL centres in Chennai

Pls contact nearby centres or 9841933977 - thiruvanmiyur center.

Wishing you to enjoy the course and your LIfE.

You can also check Newspapers for the centre contact numbers.

5. arti

arti New IL'ite

hi dewdrop........JAI GURUDEV!!!

i am extremely touched and moved after reading your mail.......i have also, always believed in guruji's grace and that he is with us all the time!!!!!!!

thank-you,

aarti

6. nini82

nini82 Senior IL'ite

Hi all!

When and Where I can join the course in Bangalore?

Cheers
    NiNi

7. raginiprakash

Dear Dewdrop,

Thanks for sharing that incident here. Im at a loss for words after reading..........i too truly believe & have experienced Guruji's grace always, every day of my life.

Pls do share more.

Jai Gurudev!

8. raginiprakash

Hi Nini,

Course details are advertised in local newspapers & are conducted almost every week or alternate weeks in most localities in B'lore.

Alternatively you can visit Art of Living Foundation for more details.

Ragini

9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for this wonderful thread. enjoyed reading it . i have not attended one of thier classes but have read a book and liked it a lot. will keep reading to hear from all of you.

10. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Ragini,
    I read ur first post in this thread and thought if i could PM u regarding some details that i need abt the Art of Living course.If u r still active in this thread then please reply so that i shall PM u.

Love,
    Jaya