Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shreec

Shreec Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra madam,

I forgot to ask you in my previous post. If a recipe calls for corn syrup, can it be replaced by maple syrup or honey? If I can replace it then will the measurement be the same as the corn syrup in that particular recipe?

Regards,
    Shree

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Damini. :)
    C P K goes with rice as well as roti & is perhaps the onlly kootu with just carrots!!
    Since it is jain, I too make Coconut-Tomato often!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sidvidu

sidvidu Silver IL'ite

Dear Mami,
    Read about your knee surgery only today I'll pray God for the speedy recovery from the surgery and pls take care.
    Now for the fb, yesterday had the lapsi idlli with pulikozambu, it was awesome!! the batter had fermented well and the pulikozambu was so different form the ordinary sambhar and went well with idllis. Had a great dinner. Also, freezed the batter for set dosai after fermentation planning to prepare set dosa with veg sagu. Thanks mami.
    vidya.

4. Chitvish

Dear S-s, I think, the corn mavu variety is such. I think it is best to discard that mavu!! I feel bad to say this :-(
    Take care (of your FIL!!)
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear Radhi, thanks for the FBs!
    I make 3,4 slits along the length of the brinjal, wrap in clingfilm , keep on a plate & MW for 5-8 mtes, depending on the size. Keep it covered in a dabba till it cools. Then open, peel & mash. Do not show inder water.
    The slits help to cook it.
    Thanks for your wishes, Radhi.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Shree, thanks.
    We can bother aout diet, calories et al for ourselves, but not when catering to others!!
    Love,
    Chithra

7. Chitvish

Shree, since we do not get corn srup, maple syrup etc, I cannot answer you. I have never tried! :-(
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Chitvish

Dear Vidya,
    Lapsi idli turning out perfect is no mean achievement!:) so :thumbsup
    this puli kuzambu goes well with many tiffins like kozukatai, pongal etc also!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Shree,

You can substitute corn syrup with honey for sure. i've done it. maple syrup i haven't tried yet. may be it'll have a pronounced flavour, depending on the recipe:)

Latha

10. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,
    I'm back after a long break. I had been to India for my father-in-law's 60th bday. We were very busy visiting temples and relatives and then went to Mumbai. I wanted to meet you but could not find the time as it was a very tight schedule. After I came back, my friend who lives nearby delivered a baby and I was in charge of her "pathiya saapadu" as her mom could not come from India.. I made all the pathiya kuzhambus ( curry leaves kuzhambu, milakaanam, milagu kuzhambu) and the post-pregnancy rasams from your list. Everything came out really well. Thanks so much.

Yesterday I tried the jiffy morkuzhambu with paruppusili and both P and I liked it very much. P is generally not very fond of mor kuzhambu but he loved this one. I have stored the powder. This is going to be a regular from now on.

Just one question: in case I'm making it for some guests can I add coconut to the powder and make a paste and put in the buttermilk? Will that taste good?

I also read about you thinking of surgery.. Presanna's patti who is 80 yrs old had undergone this surgery last month. Even though it was painful immediately after surgery when she had to do physiotherapy, now she's walking completely normal. Everyone's surprised to see her walking tall and straight.. Wish you all the best for your surgery. My prayers are always with you.. Will get back with more feedback.

Love
    Hema

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.