1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

GM Diet

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anupama, Feb 21, 2006.

1. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

Hi, :)

I was on GM diet a week back.Lost almost 4kg at the end of 7th day.From my experience if you could surpass first two days then you sustain the next 5days.Today you may have lot of temptation but donot give in.If u could restrict today only to melons and 12 glass warm water, by tomm you can see almost a difference of 1-2 kg.

ALL THE BEST.:thumbsup

Mantra for today is keep yourself busy away from thougt of food.

2. sarithariju

sarithariju New IL'ite

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement.... i have 3 quarters of a watermelon in the fridge and i ate one quarter just now. shudnt i be eating the wonder soup also,i wonder :p ?

3. sarithariju

sarithariju New IL'ite

:drowning:drowning:drowning

sad to report that i was not able to make it past even the first day.... i seem to lack the great will power that so many of my fellow ILites had when following this diet thru 7 days... im sure my Dh will laugh at me the moment i let him know that i have given up...

i felt very dizzy and bored eating watermelon and even after drinking the soup . (my son actually liked the soup :idea)

but however i will stay on the journey towards good health and weight loss by sticking to a normal healthy diet & exercise plan...

4. Cutensweetsim

Cutensweetsim New IL'ite

Doubts doubts doubts....plz smeone help!!!

I hav started wid da GM diet n today is my 3rd day. I have doubts regarding the soup recipe. Do we just put all da ingridients in water n cook it, is it supposed to be like a veg clear soup with half cooked veggies or can it be fully cooked. Please somene clarify it by today.
    Secondly can i replace beef wid mutton or if i cant den can i hav beef in ny form i like...fried burger or beef kebab grilled or ccoked wid vegies or beef shami or beef fry :D.
    Thirdly is it ok if i dont exercise while on da diet prog, well atleast for these 3 days i couldnt. I might wen i take beef.

5. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

Re: Doubts doubts doubts....plz smeone help!!!

hai frnds...
    i have to cut down 20 lbs....but i think its tuff for me..bcause im not on diet and im not doing any workouts,...and im not feeling to do also....but i want to put down my weight and want to look pretty like before...is it possible??im feeling depressed..what should i do what should i do????

6. radssravs

radssravs New IL'ite

Hi All,

I have started the GM Diet today.
    Today I had 3 glasses of water till now and had some watermelon pieces.
    nice work of all.

Thanks
    sravnai

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I finished my GM diet about a month ago. I made it to all 7 days and lost 4 kgs. There were a few exceptions and alterations I made though.

Alterations:
    1. The diet did not require us to to exercise. How ever, I had walked 2.5 km in 20 minutes every singe day. I still walk everyday.

2. Another exception is that, starting day 3, I had one a small half-roti with boiled veggies as soon as I go home from work. The reason is, I wake up at 4:45 and start work by 7:45. After working for the whole day, walking back for 2.5 KM, I hardly have any energy left. A small piece of roti didnt seem like doing any harm. So I had that. Just 1 small half roti though.

3. I did not have black coffee. Instead, I added half spoon of milk and 1/2 tsp of honey to my large coffee and had it.

All these exceptions were made to suit my life style. If i didnt make the above exceptions, I knew I wasnt going to make it to 7 days.

BUT: even though I lost 4 kgs, it took me another week to get back my metabolism. I was able to eat really small portions of food. If not...running into wash room!

One really good thing about this GM diet is that, it will make us conscious about healthy choices of food.

catherine26 likes this.
  8. jayyu5

jayyu5 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends

From today, I have started GM Diet for my husband. (i can never starve like that:spin). I have given him five varieties of fruits to his office, where he can store them in refrigirator and have them as and when. I am really tensed. All the people around whom i told that my husband is going to follow GM diet, they said only negative comments. Still my hubby was particular about it, so had to do it. Hope his first day is a real good success.

Regards,
    Jayanthy

9. Priyam77

Priyam77 New IL'ite

Hi Saratha,

Its nice to see your message and 4kgs is excellent result too.

My doubt is I wont have beef normally and is there any alternative for beef here.How did you manage on those days?

Thanks,
    Uma

10. Sunshine1989

Sunshine1989 New IL'ite

Heeeey all :)

It's my second day today.. n honestly.. i don't think i'm able to complete this diet.

I did it last summer n reduced abt 3-4 kgs..
    i don't knw wots happening this time :(