1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Waste Old News Papers

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by geethabm, Mar 4, 2010.

1. geethabm

geethabm Senior IL'ite

Hi friends..

After reading the news papers , usually they have to just pile up until we throw them out.. instead, we can use for some really good house jobs which most of us do.. Just wanted to share with them..

* Use them under the chopping board while cutting vegetables on it.. After the chopping, u can just roll it and throw it away.. Useful especially while cutting onions etc..
    * Spread big newspapers in the shelves where we put all our containers.. If anything like chilli powders , salt etc spills... it's difficult to clean in the shelves... If it spills on newspaper, we can just throw it ..
    * Keep Ur oil can or container on 2 3 newspapers .. this will not allow the stains to form on the counter top or doesnot make your kitchen greasy...
    * Use 3 4 big newspapers on the top of the fridge.. Usually lot of dust settles on the top of the fridge which u usually ignore.. and takes lot of time for us to clean... Newspaper will make the job very easy as there will be no need to clean.
    *Use Newspapers while u feed small children . either on the floor or on the dining table.. They spill lot of food.. simply fold it and throw it away once the feeding is done.
    * Use newspapers to roll green leaf vegetables like cilantro,spinach, curry leaves etc.. this helps u in keeping the veggies fresh.. Usually after 2 3 days in fridge, green leaf veggies will start getting wet and stinks a lot.
    * U can use them for spreading in the shelves of fridge too.. especially under the juice bottles, milk, curd etc..
    * U can use them for spreading them in cloth shelves too.. so that.. ur clothes will not get any bugs kind of things... put 2 3 naphthalene balls in the shelves .. the clothes smell really good..
    * U can use them for putting the dishes of curry rice etc.. on dining table or in the kitchen.. Sometimes, they tend to fall on the tables etc.. which will leave oil marks with yellow color.. U can avoid it.

The list goes on.. SO, make use of newspapers instead of throwing.
    U can save lot of time in cleaning...

:thumbsup

2. star83

star83 Senior IL'ite

Geetha

I don't know about using newspaper in fridge

After reading your thread, Let me use papers in fridge for vegetables.

Thanks for the info

Sugi

3. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

I used to give the papers to my maid and she was making some money by selling those to the kabadiwala.
    This helps in recycling of papers which is one of the ways of conserving resources. And recycled papers / books are cheaper

4. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Though I follow many of the tips here, I felt happy that u used this forum to share the tips with all ILites.

Thanks a lot.

5. smitarubinsson

smitarubinsson Gold IL'ite

Another use of news paper - Bring shine to windows

Clean your windows with soapy water/ diluted vinegar and wipe clean with newspaper

6. vidhuram

vidhuram New IL'ite

Very tipical tips of using newspappers in fridge and using them for cleaning windows. these helps a lot for the beginners like me.... thank you

7. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for giving these useful tips

8. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

very useful tips,next time when i buy corriander leaves i will wrap it in newspaper,good idea.
    :cheers
    deepu

9. rena2010

rena2010 Senior IL'ite

Good tips. I am used to all of the tips except that papers in the fridge tip. Let me see how it works :)

10. vijaya_79

vijaya_79 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Its good that you use the waste papers. You can use it in wardrobe and kitchen shelves. But I am not sure how safe is to use it in fridge or while cutting vegetables. B'cos the ink which is used in newspapers is not safe and sometimes it may cause allergy. Beware of that.... Some newspapers we could feel that the letters/pictures are dark and more ink is used. So use the waste newspapers only with non-edible items...