Cheated by maid .. Need some suggestions to find her..

Discussion in 'Andhra Pradesh' started by KiranKishore, Jun 8, 2010.

1. KiranKishore

KiranKishore New IL'ite

I need to tell you one thing which has happened with us recently and also i require some help regarding the same..
    Actually we hired a maid to take care of my kids and as well cooking from our native place, we did enquiry while hiring her with her brother who stays near to our native place. she worked for 20 days and finally one day she took all the jewellery from my house and left my children un attended .. luckily both of them are safe after we came to know and reach the house through our watchman as he got doubt that some thing wrong has happened. Then, we came to know that she escaped with all the gold and clothes from my house.. good thing that we thank god is my children are safe. So, we lodged complaint for her on that day itself but, no help we are getting from police .. Frankly to say one of the police has cheated us by mis guiding and draging the case with out any proper information.. This caused us to loose some precious time which might help to found her.. During that time only we infact has helped the police by finding her call details(she had a mobile) and addresses through some of our friends (the original addresses which were given by her were later identified as fraud). Infact most of the investigation has happened from our side only rather than police(they shud have done all this) but, then too we did not get enough help from police.. with the latest technology we have now, we could easily identify the person and could catch them as we could come to know through her mobile. As she is not that professional she was using the phone for 4-5 days with the same number. With all these also police is also not able to help us. So, I really pity the common man in india that there would not be any help with all the sources we currently have now. We lost the hope that we could find her and now we almost trying to forgot the loss.
    But, when i think about this incident i feel so bad as we worked so hard to earn that money by leaving the kids and as well putting stress on us. All that is gone in a minute. Anyways now i'm in a impression that i cannot get that back but, my mind is not accepting to leave it as it is as we are leaving a criminal to move around and this could happen to some body as well in future. As most of us are being educated but still somebody can cheat us easily .. So, my question is "is there any way that I could find her through some agency or some organisation etc., ?" Now, i'm not expecting much from police as I lost trust on them. so, if some body can suggest any idea so that we can trace her then, it could be helpful to others..
    Waiting on your suggestions..

2. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Very sad to be cheated like this. And not helped by police too. Thank god, children are safe.

I think you can find that Brother and question him. You have written you made enquiry from him before taking her. If he is really brother, he will know something.

Best of luck.

3. ruchisingh

ruchisingh New IL'ite

what happened to you is sad, however can't you place an ad in a newspaper asking her whereabouts and warning others same time.

4. KiranKishore

KiranKishore New IL'ite

First thing we did after the incident was to catch her brother but, his brother(so called) also escaped at the same time. So, it is all pre-planned. Later we struggled a lot to find her original address(the address that was given to us turned to be fake and we have no clue to find her original place) some how with her existence in our house for 20 days we could make out that she is near to chittoor district (even her slang has little tamil ascent) but, even chittoor is not a place to identify easily it has so many villages near by.. Our parents with help of some other people roamed(entire day from morning to late night) places nearby to chittoor and could find her original native place. Then, we came to know that she did same fraud with a govt. org in her native place and escaped from there as well. So her parents(who are very old) and the village people are also in search of her and there parents say that if you people found her please kill her we are no way related to her. This could be truth or this could be to safeguard themselves. As my parents went alone with out police (police are not ready to accompany them as they are saying that the case is registered in hyd so we cannot help here) they could not do anything even after knowing there parents. The whole village is aware of this situation and said that they will help us but, why will this lady come to her village after doing such fraud?
    After keeping so much recommendations, spending lot of money on top of the loss we had we could not get any help from police.. Sometimes I feel that i should be complaining to higher authorities about this.. But, after having so much pain we cannot sacrifice our current life (job, kids) for justice(which i lost trust totally) by running to police stations daily. We(my husband) almost wasted 10-15 days running to police for updates on this on top of his pressure in office. We cannot continue the same as we stay alone here ..
    We had her photograph as well (now it is changed a lot but, atleast it can provide a clue)
    some one can please suggest what could be the best thing we can do as we are tired wtih all sources and approaches that we have and we tried our level best to find her.If police is not co-operating what can we do? I feel so bad about this .. I can say in India people are not safe..Only rich and good political background people are safe

5. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Really very sad to read your loss...

6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

i am so sorry for your plight
    i can really imagine the situation
    something similar happened few months back
    have watched in TV 9 some crime program
    both dh and dw are wipro employees
    and had a single kid who is some 18 mnths old
    both parents trusted some lady and gave around 3k for her and hired hire to take care of baby
    but they found baby was getting lean day by day and was having fever,cold ,cough very frequently and started reducing weight
    one day when husband came home they found home locked so started searching for them for 2-3 hrs and finally found that lady with baby begging on roadside...
    ah cant imagine that
    will media be of anyhelp here?just wondering..sometimes police get into action only if media gets involved

7. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I am really sorry for what has happenedfor you.
    Good that kids are safe.
    If you can contact his brother and get her address and cango to her place na d enquire about her.Hope you might find some info.Sure it is a tiresome and time requiring process.

Hope you might forget this soon aand move on.

8. chaitusri

chaitusri Silver IL'ite

Hi Kiran,

when I first read this post I was thinking how people hire full time maids without proper enquiry. But when I read your two posts I was quite unhappy by realising that you are the Kiran I know very well and I can imagine how careful and matured you were in hiring her.You should have taken the mobile service provider help to catch her.

Very sad to know what has happend....

The two cents from my side are

1)Take the media(paper) help but don't trust them too, if possible use her photo to catch her...chala kastapadalsi ravachu...kani ila mosapoyamu ani jevitantamu pade manovedana mundu poyina dabbu pedda lekka kadu. manam anni rakaluga try cheste atleast a satisfaction vuntundi.

2)You may get some help from office administration, usually they have big links with police than us. The peace of mind of employee is also a need for them, so they may help you in this.....

9. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

The reason for the police not acting on this case might be they need some "incentive". Even though it is their job, nothing moves forward without a bribe in govt organizations.

Secondly, i would like to know what you want to do when you catch her? File a case? Then it will take umpteen rounds around court to get the justice. Even then you will not be able to recover the jewels and money. Not to discourage you but based on my own experience. The police knew where the thieves were but they both shared the loot. AFAIK, police are the biggest thieves, with very few exceptions.

One thing you can do is appeal to higher authorities about this at the earliest. BUt if too much time has passed since the theft happened, even they cannot do much. Also spread awareness about such kind of incidents, so that others can be on their guard.

-Lakshmi

10. KiranKishore

KiranKishore New IL'ite

Hi guys,
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    We have tried with all the possible sources that we had in our hand and left the rest to god. I took service providers help (but, with out police intervention we will not get all the call details) and as well contacted office administration but, the office links didn't help much. So, all the attempts has happened thinking of some sort of help i may get but, no luck. On top of this loss we have spent around 20k in finding her and giving some to police etc., etc.,
    Anyways happened is happened and my basic intention to put a post here is as i thought that this would help others to be cautious when hiring maids and thinking of some suggestions which we might have missed in that situation and as well show you the reality that even after so much technology we have right in our hand with out proper involvement by govt. officials we cant proceed much. So, ultimately the common man is the sufferer. If the same would have happened in US or any other country I don't think this would be the case. Let us wait and see as the FIR is still open(Still having some hope..:))

So, ladies my sincere advise be cautious while hiring maids..

Kiran