1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dad is having an affair, help!!!

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Confusedsoul, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Confusedsoul

Confusedsoul New IL'ite

My sister is very very short tempered and the situation might turn really embarrassing. I might sound like I'm better than my mom/sis in terms of EQ, but that's the truth.

As of now, I think I'll handle this alone and decide what to do later depending on my dad's response.

2. Confusedsoul

Confusedsoul New IL'ite

These two things are more likely to happen. Worst case, he might even do this more discreet. I certainly don't want to spy him after all this.

3. Confusedsoul

Confusedsoul New IL'ite

I was thinking along similar lines, but you have worded it much better. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

4. Confusedsoul

Confusedsoul New IL'ite

He has been a great dad and I'm lucky to have him as dad. I'm actually disappointed than hurt or angered. I still have the same respect for him and I believe this is a slip (albeit a bigger one) in his life and it can happen to anyone.

5. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi sanjay
    my heart goes out for you. at this age you are shouldering a big botheration without any support. a big salute for the patience and maturity you show in handling this issue. you can hire a detective agency to find out head and tail of this issue .it might cost you a few thousands nevertheless you will have a documented evidence. also you will get the report in a few days time. if all this affair is about money you can pay her in one lumpsum with or without the knowledge of your mom and send the lady packed off to a distant land . i feel it is better to find out who and what this lady is and accordingly find a way out to bring your dad out of this mess. as time passes on all the more messy it becomes.

6. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Sanjay,

IF your father is having an affair be prepared to for what will come next. And if it's true, I do urge you not to hide this from your Mom. She needs to know. But regardless of what happens your dad will always be your dad. And he still loves you and your sister just as much as he did before you picked up the phone. Instead this is something that should be worked out between your parents. Although you may have put him on a pedestal for years, he is still human and prone to make mistakes (albeit a doozie) just like everyone else.

But, then again there could be a plausible answer that we have overlooked

All the best dear.

7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

sanjay
    god is with you.ur confidence will guide you to solve the problem . all of us are eagerly waiting for ur happy reply.

wishes sanjay

8. preetho

preetho New IL'ite

Hi Sanjay,

You seem to be very matured. Please do not disclose this to your sister and mom.

Many men go over this situation and it is better to have a man-man conversation than to involve the ladies in the family and make matters worse.

You may want to take your dad out and know what is in his mind. It might just an intellectual company also, which many people of your dad's age (both men and women) will want.

All the best to you and hats off to your maturity at 25.

9. vidhyarohini

vidhyarohini New IL'ite

Hello Sanjay,
    I really feel sorry to see a son of this age handling this situation lonely. While gathering evidences, at any point of time, don,t loose the respect and the love and care that you have towards your dad, which is most important! Because you have to live with your dad for years together.
    My suggestion is "It is better to talk with your dad personally than going on investigating or talking to that woman". Don't take too many days going on investigating this because the other side the bonding may get strengthened or the woman may start to demand something or other. Write a personal mail to your father (if you really find difficult to talk with him personally), best way is to talk to him when there is no one around or take him to a place where he can open out his mind! Before going, be sure that you don cry or never show your anger. Express your complete love that you and your family members have towards your dad. and ask him to tell only the truth.
    Please if his answer is Yes for having affair, then leave it to your mom. Then it is her own part to play with. She has all the rights and she will come with better decisions to take him out of this!! Be supportive to your parents and when this message comes out, ask your sister to stay cool and tell her that your parents will decide on this!!

Your true love and confidence towards your dad will pull him back to normal!! We all will pray for you :bowdown

Cheers

10. Confusedsoul

Confusedsoul New IL'ite

Thanks Ushkrish, Manaswini, Preetho, Periamma and Srividhya for your kind words. I'm thinking of hiring a private detective to know about her (I just want to know her background, married or not, age). I guess it will take at least a week's time to get the results. Though I don't want to delay things, this is inevitable I think.

I still respect my dad and I'm sure it will remain the same. Nobody is perfect and for this single mistake, I won't forget or dismiss all the good things he has done to me.