Orkut

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rajjo, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Hi,s
    Are anybody members of Orkut, its such a amazing site where we can get in touch with old friends and also make new friends. I recently could chat with my old school friends thru tht. It was so happy to see most of them married with kids and some still working.

regds
    Rajjo.

2. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

hi Rajjo,
    Ijoined orkut recently. I couldn't meet any of my old friends through it, but i could connect with a lot of people involved in movie-making from all over the world.. This would have been impossible if it wasn't for something like orkut..
    Incidentally, i am from hyderabad too.

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Yes it is a amazing site. I too was able to connect with lots of old friends. But be careful, dont make your profile so public.

4. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi all ,

I also joined orkut recently ( my ID is the same).
    But unable to find any old friends..:cry:

lets walt & watch...

5. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I am also a member of orkut, but i have not been into it much these days. But if i want to let any information to my college friends, i use only orkut becoz maximum of my friends login into almost daily. Its an interesting community but beware of strangers. Many of them dont put up their actual profiles there.

luv,
    Sravanthi

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I have not yet joined Orkut.
    But my daughter joined it recently where she came into contact with our distant relative. She is happy about it.
    As Sravanthi pointed out, I have asked her to watch out for strangers.
    sriniketan

7. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

I use Orkut regularly and got in touch with many of my childhood friends.
    but we should be careful not to reveal any of our personal information becoz its too public.
    Love Orkutting!!! :)

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I have been in orkut for 4 years, since it started. Amazing way to stay in touch. Found all yesteryear classmates, by joining communities.
    Guess what orkut, has matrimonial ads and it s used for this purpose a lot.
    I know a couple who got married, their courtship started from orkut.

U can post ur album there. It can have 12 pics. Google s other services can be linked to it. My blog, gmail and orkut are all interconnected.
    Testimonials is another feature, where ur friend can write something about you and others can read it.
    Orkut is the name of the guy who created it. He s from the one of the Ivy Leagues of the world, I think Stanford.
    Privacy is a concern and it is the responsibilty of individual not to post private messages and photos. Otherwise it s a great place to be.

9. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Thats true, Orkut is a great place to meet others. I met old friends and now i m in touch with them and my relatives because of this site.

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

Those of you who are already in Orkut community and those who are soon planning to join there, just wanted to let you all know that we have IndusLadies community in Orkut too.

Not sure whether you have seen this message - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/misc/14837-fame-of-il-in-orkut.html#post172391

Look forward to your support in spreading the fame of IndusLadies Community in Orkut too.