1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. vatsi

vatsi Bronze IL'ite

How to overcome Dandruff

For good hair without dandruff, drink at least 2 liter water, eat lots of salads, green vegetables, and fresh fruits. Combs must be washed as frequently and hair should be brushed regularly. Dandruff is a scalp condition that can be controlled. Too little oil or too much oil can result in dandruff. Try the following:

1. Mix 2 teaspoons pure vinegar in 6 teaspoons water and apply it on the scalp before going to bed. Tie a towel around the head. Wash your head next morning. After shampooing, rinse again with vinegar water. Treat your hair like this once a week for at least three months.
    2. Mix 1 teaspoons lemon juice with 2 teaspoons vinegar and massage on the scalp. Wash your hair with an egg shampoo.
    3. Take 1 part almond oil, 1 part pure sulphur powder, 2 parts 'surgical spirit' and 4 parts distilled water or rose water and mix well. Rub on the scalp.
    4. Take 2 cup water, add 4-5 tablespoons dried thyme and boil for 10 minutes. Cool, strain, and use the mixture to massage scalp. Keep for half an hour.
    5. Dissolve 2 aspirins in any dandruff shampoo and wash your hair.
    6. Massage the scalp with almond oil. Dip a towel in boiling water and wrap it around the hair. Repeat it thrice or four times when the towel gets cold.
    7. Make a shampoo by mixing 100 g each of amla (Indian goose berry), reetha, and shikakai, and boil in two litre of water until the liquid reduces to half. Use this shampoo for one month. Dandruff will vanish and your hair will become thick.
    8. Grind fenugreek (methi) seeds soaked in water overnight. Massage this paste on scalp and hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
    9. Wash your hair with warm apple cider vinegar. Then cover your head with a towel or a shower cap and leave for about 30-40 minutes. Rinse with plain water. Repeat 2 times a week until your dandruff goes away.
    10. Mix 100 g witch hazel and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice in 200 ml water. Shampoo your hair and apply with cotton to the scalp when the hair are still wet. Repeat several times until the dandruff is treated.
    11. Try a shampoo with selenium sulfide or salicylic acid.

2. Saniya

Saniya Junior IL'ite

Home Remedies for Dandruff

Hi Friends,

Would you please give me any Home Remedies for itchy Dandruff solution?
    I have been using so many Dandruff Shampoo, lemon, but it doesn't work for a long time, also I am loosing my hair.

It would be great if you give me some suggestion of Home Remedies for Dandruff.

thanks
    Saniya

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2006
    4 people like this.
  3. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Check these out to treat dandruff

Hi Saniya,

There are already a couple of discussions on dandruff treatment within this section.

Check this posting about "how to get rid of dandruff"</FONT>

Also, check this one too on dandruff treatment!

4. Shardu

Shardu New IL'ite

dandruff

hello,
    can anyone please help me, i am having problem getting rid of dandruff from my hair.
    i have been suffering from sevee dandruff in my head for the last one year. i tried anti dandruff shampoos, putting egg white to my hair, they did not work. i even used the medicated ketoconazole shampoos for almost 2months now. it only reduced but its not gone. infact too much of the harsh shampoos is giving me more white hair.
    the problem started after my son was born. with more work and less time to spare for myself. my hair got neglected.
    can anyone suggest some thing.

thanks a lot
    shardu

1 person likes this.
  5. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Re: dandruff

I need solutions too. Powdery it is. I apply coconut oil and olive twice a week. And use garnier dandruff control shampoo.

6. Shardu

Shardu New IL'ite

HI MEENA,
    its the same with me too, my dandruff is flaky and embarissing as the flakes appear on my hair even after combing my hair.
    i wash my hair 2 times a week and i stopped the medicated shampoo cause its turning my hair white i feel.
    did u find any answers
    please help
    shardu

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi ppl,
    For Dandruff Problems you can mix 2 to 3 tps of lime juice and curd with egg white. If you dunt wish to add egg, add more curd. Apply and leave it for 20 minutes and wash with a mild shampoo like baby shampoo.

Hope this helps.

8. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

You had written about dandruff flakes,if they are big in size then u shuld consult a dermatologist without delay.Dandruff is a common hair problem dut to stress,pollution,dirty hair,bad eating habits.First of all ensure that it's not too much as it is a disease and shuld be cured by dermatologist,otherwise,there's a simple remedy and that is Mustard oil.Stop using strong shampoos.Warm mustard oil and massage it on scalp of hairs.Leave it for few hours,preferably overnight.wash it with a dandruff shampoo and it is gone.If it doesn't then consult dermatologist,without delay as it can be dangerous for hairs.eat healthy food(stop using junk food).Don't forget to give me FB.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Dealing With Dandruff

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; mso-cellspacing: 0in; mso-padding-alt: 0in 0in 0in 0in" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #e0dfe3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">

Dealing with Dandruff
    Dandruff is the single most common problem that can occur on every body. To have a few white-flaked cells is normal for it is simply the sloughing off matured skin cells and waste material through the pores of the scalp. It is only when this becomes excessive that it has to be considered a problem. Well-looked after, clean, healthy hair with the proper acid balance does not have problem dandruff.

There are two forms of dandruff - oily and dry. The dry dandruff appears as loose white flakes, and the scalp itches a great deal. The oily dandruff is sticky and yellow in color, and the scalp with oily dandruff smells bad. The oily form is found most among adolescents and adults with an excessively oily skin and scalp.

What causes dandruff
    The basic causes of dandruff are faulty diet, emotional tension and stress, hormonal distrubances, infection due to disease, injury to the scalp and unwise or excessive use of hair cosmetics and dry weather.

The reason why so many adolescents have dandruff is that this is the time when they secrete an excess of androgen hormones which cause sebum, the skin oil.
    How to get rid of dandruff

The motto of hair-care is keep it clean. Wash your hair and scalp frequently - it could be every other day depending upon how stubborn your dandruff is. If your hair and scalp are oily, you should use herbal shampoo, since washing hair with frequent strong shampoo can harm your hair.

Massage and daily brushing is extremely helpful in treating dandruff. They invigorate the blood circulation to scalp, promote the traffic of oil effusion and dislodge the dead skin cells sticking to the scalp for easy exfoliation. If you have dry dandruff, use an oil to massage your scalp especially before washing your hair.

Lastly eat less animal fat, and more poly-unsaturated vegetable oils. Avoid nuts, chocolate, fried food, shellfish, iodized salt. Follow a diet high in greens, chicken, fish, milk and its products and food high in Vitamins A, E and B Complex.

Home-made Cosmetic Care
    Dandruff is one problem which can be easily taken care of with some home-made treatments.

For Oily Dandruff
    Vinegar Rinse
    To a mug of water, mix two tablespoons of malt vinegar. After shampoo, rinse the hair with it. Towel-dry your hair. This is an excellent remedy to prevent oily dandruff.

A Dandruff Cleanser
    Soak two spoonfuls of fenugreek(methi) seeds in water overnight. In the morning, make a paste of the seeds and apply on the head. Leave it on for half an hour. Then wash the hair with soapnut (reetha) or shikakai and water. You may use a herbal shampoo instead to wash your hair. Do this routine twice a week.

For Dry Dandruff
    Oil Massage
    For best results, massage your scalp with 1 teaspoon hot castor oil, 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1 teaspoon sesame (til) oil. Leave it on for about half-an-hour and then shampoo it out. Follow this routine, twice a week, especially in winter.
    Cleanser
    Take about 5 tablespoons of yogurt and squeeze half a lime in it. Take two spoonsfull of green grams and powder them. Mix it in curd. Apply on scalp and leave it for ten minutes. Wash your hair with a creamy shampoo thoroughly. Follow this routine at least once a week.

If the dandruff does not clear up in time, you should take medical advice. It could be due to a fungal infection.
    Another effective dandruff chaser - A combination of a tablespoon of eau-de-cologne and two aspirin tablets curshed.

BROUGHT TO U BY SUNKAN

6 people like this.
  10. veenajuturi

veenajuturi New IL'ite

Re: Dealing With Dandruff

Hi
    Sunkan thanks for giving me such a nice tips really this weekend i will follow this tips
    Keep writing
    Veena

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008