Living in US, UK or France: Which is better?

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by doctor, Mar 8, 2007.

1. doctor

doctor New IL'ite

My husband has a job offer .HE can chose either usa ,uk or france .Could you please guide me about the pros and corns of France .Can I bring a maid with me from India to france ,uk or usa ?I heard I can bring to usa But donno about france .Is living too expensive in France ?How much is the average expenditure ?Kindly tell me all the relevant info which u think can be of help to me

2. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi
    i was brought up in France, i spent 20 years and my husband didn't like it because he doesn't speak french so we moved in uk. i would say go for France, it's beautiful country famous for food, fashion and savoir vivre. hope u both know french. u can bring maid in uk. my cousin who is pediatrician in uk has a maid from india. :2thumbsup: my english is not perfect so sorry if mistakes.
    salut.

3. Meenabedi

Meenabedi New IL'ite

Hi - I moved to SW France last year from UK and love the quality of life...altho I agree you do need to speak French...I'm lucky in that I studied French and have worked in Paris and have always loved French culture.

4. Sariya

Sariya New IL'ite

Hello,

I have heard from freinds that living in France is difficult because of the language problem.

Here in the UK where I live, language is not a problem at all, further there are lots of Indian and Pakistanis here, so you can always feel at home. Get Indian food, shop at Indian grocery shops, and in certain areas have Indian Neighbours too.

I think that visa restrictions would make it difficult to get a maid, but it is manageble. My Aunt has got one.

US - I cannot comment, though the Indian communtiy is pretty strong there too.

I think it would be a good idea to find out which city in the US or UK would your husband be posted in and then make the decision.

Love

5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi my suggestions will be UK,itz better place to live in,the point is where u want to stay in ,pls don't go to small towns,u'll get cheaper rates houses for rent,but racism will be more,if it is london,Reading,coventry,Birmingham,then it'll be good.
    here u no need car,u have public transport ,very nice.
    also lots of indians so u'll have better friends for ur co'.
    note..pls don't ever think abt Hinkley:mrgreen:

6. vidyavenky

vidyavenky New IL'ite

Hi,

I will say UK is a good place to stay. There are lots of Indians and u will definitely feel at home. Transport facility is very good. Every 20mts u get buses. We get all the Indian grocery and desi dishes etc. Good Luck.

:wave
    vidya.

7. lalli30

lalli30 Senior IL'ite

yes but the costs of livig are so high in the UK!

France is okay for social security system... though the government is trying to cut on it ...

on the other hand , UK and US are english speaking countries where you can live among a greater indian environment...
    here in france there are more tamils & penjabis... but mostly tamils...

it all depends what your standards of living are ...

sure in us i guess you could make moooore money than in france or UK!

hope it s coming too late! have you made up your mind yet?

8. doctor

doctor New IL'ite

I have made up my mind:) I have been in USA for a year now. Thanks for replying.