August 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by lalisiva, Jan 20, 2010.

1. cukz

cukz New IL'ite

Hi Hansika!
    It must have been really bad experience, but atleast you are out of hospital now....thank god for that! Take good care. I had UTI in the initial months of my pregnancy. Drinking a lot of barley water helps (Boil water with a little barley, like you would for rice, and then filter out barley. The water is good for UTI). Also drink a lot of fluids, this might mean extra trips to bathroom, but you will be getting rid of infection. Change your undies twice a day at least and use dettol or savalon or some such antiseptic every time you use the bathroom. If you have to use a public toilet, first sprinkle some antiseptic on the toilet(I always a carry a small bottle in my purse).
    Also try your best to avoid food that will cause constipation as it can be very painful with UTI.
    Hope I did not give too much "gyan":rotfl
    Take Care and the torture will be over soon.:thumbsup

2. cukz

cukz New IL'ite

Hi Harpa!

I feel hungry all the time too! :biglaughI would just have finished eating and before you know it I am hungry again. But with the huge tummy we can't take heavy meals too, right? I guess short, frequent bites are the best option:)
    Yeah, raw fruits do cause gas trouble, that's why I stick to apples and bananas, at least for my system they are OK.

3. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Dear Hansika
    So glad to know that you are back home with everything fine with the
    LO:). Didn't you know that you had UTI I mean there are symptoms like turbid urine,burning during urinating etc or did it happen all of a sudden?
    Anyways thank GOD you are fine.TAKE CARE and the medicines properly.Just 2 months more of cautions for you and then there's a :partytime.
    Keep us updated whenever you get time.

4. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Thank you Pratibha and Deep for a moment i was so scared that i'll have to deliver my lil one in my 30th week itself. Thank god the contractions stopped.
    Hansika

5. simply_doubtful

Hi Kootagirl,
    My lil one was so snug and i haven't started effacing yet. and my amniotic fluid level was also good. the lil one was lying with his/her legs crossed at the knees. it was so cute to see. i got a pic of that.
    Hansika

6. simply_doubtful

Hi Cukz,
    as i didn't have any symptoms of UTI at all. one is not supposed to have barley water unless you have swelling of feet or edema in your body. otherwise barley water has the tendency to reduce the amniotic fluid volume. i asked my gynec about barley and she told me not to take barley water. i don't know why i had this uti. i used to drink atleast 4 liters of water. and thats excluding butter milk. till yesterday morning i wasn't having any problems going to loo.
    Hansika

7. simply_doubtful

Hi Maneet,
    I didn't have any symptoms at all. yesterday morning i had pain and i couldn't understand why i was hurting. till my urine culture reports came in i had no idea that i had UTI. i still have to take antibiotics for two more days. and i just hope that i hang in there till 38th week. after that even if i deliver also i'll be happy.
    Hansika

8. simply_doubtful

Hi Priya,
    I was drinking atleast 4 litres of water and thats excluding butter milk and milk. now i am drinking half liter water every half hour.
    the gynec gave me an injection to stop the contractions and they said that for me to keep the lil one safe i need to take progesterone injections again. i still have to take one more maintain injection. You know all the time i was hurting i kept on saying saibaba.. saibaba.
    Hansika

9. simply_doubtful

Hi Pratibha
    I have GD so i shouldn't drink coconut water. now i am in bedrest again and having to drink atleast 6 liters of water.
    Hansika

10. simply_doubtful

Lavii
    I am tired of staying in bed. Ever since i found out that i am pregnant i am in bedrest. i am sick and tired of staying in bed. i just want to go out atleast once and get the essentials that i want to buy instead of depending on others for each and everything.
    Hansika