1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

My daily routine for loosing weight - My journey

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by debyanjali, Jun 2, 2010.

1. debyanjali

debyanjali New IL'ite

Dear All,

I am Debyanjali & I am new to this site.I came to know about IndusLadies while searching for a diet chart in Google..then simply fell in love with this site.
    Awsome forums & blogs.You guys are really doing a great job.

This new thread i'm starting about my journey loosing weight.
    I want to share my experince everyday & ofcourse to get some motivation from you beautiful ladies out there.

I am 29 yrs old,residing in Bangalore.I am a working lady.I am married to a wonderful person since 1 & half yrs & the journey has been really really good so far.

Before marriage my weight was under control..I was around 60kg.According to my height this is the correct weight doctor said.I'm 5'6" tall.
    Right after my marriage within 1 and half month I gained 11kgs :drowning ( i dont know how!!)..I started feeling heavy & was really really upset about it.
    I could not fit into my favourite clothes.Stopped wearing jeans/Skirts .. everything which make me look FAT.My husband is a sweet guy & he kept telling that I still look good..but I knew i don't:spin..I was going crazyyy.

I went to a Gynaecologist & she just asked me to loose weight.No medicines for my irregular period.

I tried hard by dieting..free hand exercises & could managed to loose 4 kgs.I was 67.
    But again I gained..I dont know what is wrong with me.
    Now I'm 69.5..I am really pissed off now.
    I started my dieting & exercise since 1st June very seriously.I have to loose atleast 10kgs before December.And 'm worried because we are planning our family next year & if I conceive i'll become double in size..:frown:..oh God please help.
    Friends please go through my routine & please let me know your comments/suggestions..

So started this thread to share my journey..

Yesterday : 1st June
    6:30 am : 1 glass water -Morning walk - 20mins.followed by 15 sit-ups & 100 counts Kapalbhati.
    7 am : 1 galss warm water with 5gm fenugreek seads -Tea with less sugar & 2 biscuits.
    7:45 am : 1 bowl cornflakes with Slim milk & without sugar
    9:30am : tea at office
    12:30 pm : Dalia for lunch
    3:30 pm : 4 marie biscuits
    4 pm : tea at office
    7 pm : Tea with less sugar at home
    8:30pm : 5-6 small pieces of mango ( i can't resist ),6 small palms & 6 lychees.
    Water : around 2ltrs (lukewarm ) whole day.

write you soon :)

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Best wishes to your weight loss routine.11 kgs in 1.5 months seems to be on the higher weight gain side.Have you consulted a Gynecologist and tested for hormonal imbalance?.Are your periods regular?

3. debyanjali

debyanjali New IL'ite

Hi,

Yes,my periods were irregular,but surprisingly when I started dieting,eating healthy stuffs & excercising it became normal :).
    Thanks for the wishes .. I really need that .:cheers

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Debyanjali,
    Welcome to IL and welcome to KF&MS forum. We are all in the same boat...some want to loose weight and some wanna tone up:)
    I think your diet is decent without any probs. Try including more cardio workouts to your exercise routine. With proper dieting(not extreme ones) and workout you will be able to achieve your goal. If possible try joining a gym and do some cardio workout for say 20-30minutes and some mat exercises and dumbbells for another 15minutes.
    You will get very good tips from http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/82366-a-weight-loss-success-story.html also keep posting your exercise routine in http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k.../16260-workout-daily-support-group-share.html on a daily basis so that you will get a motivation to continue your workout and not to give up in middle. All the best dear:thumbsup

5. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

I have gained weight in last 3 years and was about to be 73 now. I tried so many things , i reduced and maintained. but not that much and feels uncomfort.

I m using amway's positrim. It is costly even then i m satisfied. I m replacing my morning meal with positrim which gives me less calaroies. I have seen people reduced their weight using positrim. I m trying if u want make use of it.

6. shivanithakur

shivanithakur Silver IL'ite

Dear Debyanjali,

Your diet chart it ok. I think you should go for thyroid test. Because due to imbalance of harmonse, it is very tough to lose weight. I am also suffering from hypothyroid......but still trying to lose weight.........I am 39 years old a working lady and a mom of 13 yrs old daughter & 11 yrs old son. my weight is 74 kg. and want to reduce approx. 20 kgs............

Regards
    Shivani

7. debyanjali

debyanjali New IL'ite

Dear All,

Thanks so much for your replies.
    I do not have thyroid..I have done the test :).
    And I really really do not have time for gym as I hv to start early for office & evening I study for my MBA course.

But I'll keep following the diet & do regular exercise...lets see how it goes :)..Wish me luck & keep replying.

Love
    Debyanjali

BTW 2nd June I followed the same diet & exercise as 1st June..no changes.
    Write you soon.

8. Aarthivijay

Aarthivijay New IL'ite

Hi Debyanjali,

Thats a gud Diet chart. Why dont you try to cut down or reduce the Tea intake to 1 cup a Day??

All the best for ur wieght loss journey!!

9. debyanjali

debyanjali New IL'ite

Hi,

3rd June :
    Morning: 1 glass of luke warm water with 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds,1 cup team with very little sugar & 2 biscuits.
    I went to office , but left early as I was not keeping well.
    by 11:30 I had two small wheat chapati with little cabage curry,1cup tea again.
    By 2:30 pm was feeling hungry but was not in a mood to preapare khichdi aur rice..just had 2 slices of toast with tomato,green chutney & cucumber & 1 bowl of veg soup.
    Evening I had a cup of tea & some popcorn ( home made one).

Then by 7:30pm I had few lychees.
    That's all.

I know I could not follow the diet completely as I was not feeling well..but I made sure not to over eat or eat some fried/oily food or sweets.
    So I think it did not effect me much.
    And I could drink 2ltrs of water.
    Could not do any exercise also:hide:.
    I have checked my weight today morning..it is 69kg.

Hey Aarthi,

Thank you for your reply.
    You know what I can't reduce my tea intake..it's s o difficult.
    I have to have 3 cups atleast...I am so used to it.
    But I do not take milk at all..and sugar also very very less( not even half spoon).

Write you soon.

Love
    Debyanjali

10. debyanjali

debyanjali New IL'ite

Ok..so here are my 3 days charts which I could not update due to weekend.
    4th June :
    Morning: 1 glass of luke warm water with 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds,1 cup team with very little sugar & 2 biscuits.1 glass slim milk.
    by 12:45 I had 1 sub way sandwich,1cup tea again.
    By 2:30 pm was feeling hungry but I had few marie biscuits.
    Evening I had a cup of tea
    Then by 7:30pm I had few palms.
    That's all.

5th June ( Saturday)
    Morning: 1 glass of luke warm water with 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds,1 cup team with very little sugar & 2 biscuits.
    Had 1 bowl of dalia as we planned to go out.
    By 5:45 I had a big bowl of salad (yummy)..& for dinner 1 pear.

6th June (Sunday-Funday)

Got up late around 10 am..
    Tehn mu husband made a nice sandwich of bread,cabage,little mayo & one grilled chicken patti..with that i had a glass of orange juice.
    Did inot feel like having lunch--was feeling so full.
    By 4..had a cup of team with 2 glucose biscuits.
    And after some time 1 pear.
    We had guests that nite..ordered chinese from outside..but I hd only a bowl of soup :)..

So,that's the diet I followed.what;s up with u guys..
    Take care.

Love
    Debyanjali