Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I made milagu kuzhambu two days back as R was down with dysentry. With no helping maid for the past 5 months and travel, I am not my usual self. So trying to rustle up something or other. I too fell sick with sinus and am better today. The heat and the chores are too much to manage. So many dishes are in queue, with A here for the holidays.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji, Both these dishes have Andhra origin!!
    My gonkura dhal is too simple, I know.
    I could not get an authentic spicier version, though I liked it a lot. This kovakkai chutney is one of the very few of kovakkai recipes that I have posted. But it keeps for 4, 5 days!!
    Thanks love,
    Chithra.

3. NISHA BALAJI

NISHA BALAJI Senior IL'ite

Dear mam...

bought juicy oranges yesterday and yes i ate them all and tried the orange peel chutney for the first time...

It was yummy...not too bitter...a little hot and a little sour...

Unbelievable...Thanks you so much

Luv
    Nish

4. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Chithra Mami,
    This week end I made RasGullas .. Oh my.. They turned out very good. No pics taken, for it was all over :)
    Never imagined that such an exotic sweet would be so easy to make.
    Thanks Mami

5. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dearest chittumma...

I'm here after a long break. Had a wonderful time... its a big list from your treasure... here it goes...

1. rava idli with coconut chutney... made for each other mom loved it so much and she cud'nt beleive its made with rava...
    2. pollal vadai with curd and idli podi..
    3. corn cutlet it was so crispy and very yummy...
    4. stuffed plaited bread she could'nt beleive that i can bake breads also...
    5. suiyyam very special and favourite for her
    6. omam mourkulambu with senai masial and dhal vadai...
    7. ginger kulambu no words for this...
    8. tomato pappu with madurai masial kilangu great combo...
    9. lacha paratha with kofta masala ( i always remember arch when i do this combo)
    10. chocolate cookies i did to show that i learnt making cookies also... she was so excited...
    11. easy veg pulav she asked once again and made it twice with carrot raitha adding tadka to the raitha was superb taste..
    12.. A very sepcial unbeleivable dish for her was super thenkulal she cud'nt beleive that it was made with cooked urad dhal...
    13. kaju katli which i always felt very easy to make with your sbs..
    14.easy aapam with vadakari..
    15. jiffy rasam she even took the powder for her...
    16. pumpkin sambar with baby potatoes...
    17 milk phulkas with palak paneer...
    18. fig and cardamon delight..
    apart from this tried lot of smoothies and salads too...

still lots are there not able to recollect we had a wonderfull time cooking together i'm so happy that i could do something for mom.. i cant thank you enough for all these.. :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown... you made my mom's stay memorable...
    for some receipes i showed the pic which i have taken and she was all excited... thank you thank you so much for these...

a special hug for all these special moments in our life..

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  6. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Amma,

Baked mango kesari- wow, i never thought the consistency would be so good. I would rather call it a cake , b'cos i was able to cut it like a cake , while the consistency was still that of halwa - soft, moist. It was a super duper hit even with the type of mango we get here .

My son was so happy to have it , b'cos he likes both kesari bath and cake and this happened to be a hybrid of both especially after complete abstinance from any complex food for almost 3 weeks.
    only
    Inow crave for summer to arrive fast . That's when we ger alphonso mangoes here. That sh'd be the right time to invest my time in all my cullinary skills.

Mikka nandri.

Varloo ma'm i'm missing y'r fb for 123 oothappams . :rotfl Just saw y'r fb. Sorry to know abt y'r sinus problem. Is it due to dust allergy in Ambattur? I too sail in teh same boat.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  7. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi madam,

made mohanthal cake (with besan and khoa) as i had some khoa left over. It came out very nicely. Had to keep stirring it for a long time. Seeing it being liquid inspite of stirring I almost thought it is not going to harden. Finally after the soft ball stage i removed from fire sat on floor and kept stirring till it turned hard. besan nicely hardens after removing from fire. it came out nicely and was enjoyed by all.

Read the MW version but i thought doing in fire is better

thanks

Sundari bhaskar

8. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear mami,

Made Grape Lassi 2- 3 days back and it was so tasty, just dont have words to describe it. My dd loved it so much that I have been repeating it for the last 2-3 days.

made Upma Kozakkattai with pressurepan Gotsu yesteday night for dinner. Had tried upma kozhukkattai few times, but was not satisfied with the texture , so yesterday followed your recipe from scratch and am happy to tell that it tasted like my mom's kozhukkattai- very tasty and correct texture. and the gotsu complimented.

Made Curry Leaves Thokku yesterday as I had lot of tender and fresh curry leaves . Tasted superb.

thanks for all the recipes.

Radhi

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Vahee,

What a huge list !!! You are quite awesome, to be doing all this to your mom:). And thanks for tht lacha paratha mention:). Sema super combo!

Arch

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Varloo, sad to know that all is not well, heathwise & helpwise!!
    The weather makes things worse.
    But survive we must! Cheer up; take care.
    All the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.