1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home made Beauty treatments that worked wonders....

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by tinku, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    The Almond oil I use is Sweet Almond Oil..The brand name is Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin.

2. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Oh great to c tat many have responded to this thread. Thanks everybody.

I have another tip for u all. Alas, tat's been already mentioned in the thread. But I forgot to tell it in my previous post.

Yes, Its almond oil only. This has been tried by my sister who came from Chennai, the hottest place in Tamilnadu and we were all surprised to c her tanned too much. I have never in my life seen her with so much tan.
    She felt very bad as she had a fairer complexion and everyone said she looks fair. And she decided to try massaging with some oil non-stop.
    Yes, she massaged the almond oil on her face and she kept massaging the whole day long for a week.
    And the result was that her tan was completely removed. But she kept on massaging every now and then. She took the oil, applied it after breakfast and wud keep applying more and more till evening. I think she finished one 100 gm bottle in every two days for a week.
    Try this out. But massaging the whole day needs some patience or much interest for beauty.

3. pussy

pussy Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the simple and wonderful tips.

4. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Special thanks to Anu for accepting my friendship request. I havent tried sending any PM so far, so I have replied u here.
    Keep sending ur valuable comments....

5. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Take my third tip wonderful ladies....

We have heard that lemon works magic on our skin and makes it look fairer. Yes, that's true and I have tried it once or twice.

It did work magically on my skin and improved the colour of my skin making it bright, but the happiness lasted only for a week or 10 days for me. And after that, my skin got darker and darker. I have tried this thrice nad experienced the same way all the three times.

It is because of this. My skin couldnt stand the erosion caused by lemon. We all know that lemon has citric acid and those trying things with lemon, BEWARE.
    The tip is not only for those with soft skin, but for all. Facial skin is the softest for everyone and has to be dealt with oils, creams, butter, milk etc. and never with harsh elements.

It initially causes brightness in the skin, but opens the pores of the skin and lets heat and light to enter so that our complexion gets darker.

Having learnt this I never try beauty products if the label says that lemon is present in it.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  6. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

I usually add a little lemon juice with the face pack i put..a mix of besan, oatmeal scrub and sandalwood powder..i mix all these with rose water and I must say it feels really good.

I think lemon usually only bleaches the hair on your skin and not the skin itself..and like you say since it is citric it affects the skin...

Probably the key is to use it with some neutralizing agent like rose water..

Thanks for sharing tinku!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  7. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

Lemon juice naturally contains acid but you should not use it alone...it should be diluted with water (2:1 ; one being the lemon juice)... You can try these simple stuff:
    LEMON HONEY MASK
    » Why It Works: Lemon's citric acid closes pores and keeps skin's PH levels in check, while honey's enzymes and nutrients add an antibacterial factor to zap zits and moisturize
    » What You'll Need:
    - 1 tbsp organic honey
    - 1 fresh lemon
    *Squeeze the juice from the lemon and remove any seeds. Mix in honey and apply to damp face. Massage into skin for several minutes, then rinse with warm water.

For sensitive skin
    Oatmeal powder — 3 tsp
    Cucumber juice — 3 tsp
    Cucumber juice — 3 tsp
    Mix all the above and apply on face and neck. Wash after a few minutes with cucumber juice follwed by water.:thumbsup

Hope this helps :)

8. joiee

joiee New IL'ite

my granny says honey is very bad to skin..is it so?

recently i recovered from a skin allergy..even doctors couldnt diagnose the name..but anyways i m lalright now but left with scars..black scars on hands and neck..i took tablets during the period which gifted me with pimples and dark lips..Shall i consult KAYA skin clinic..hows their service?

pls suggest a remedy for my horrible pimples?

9. joiee

joiee New IL'ite

i heard use of oil based things cause pimples on face..will almond oil do that?

thnx
    joie

10. spn12

spn12 New IL'ite

some tips to get away of the dark circles please, easy things that i can do regularly