Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras, married to a jain, I can only discuss onions!
    Though named bread, it tastes like fruit cake - soft, moist!!
    Love,
    Chithra

2. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra
    My latest f.b. - jain corn kurma a delicious taste with subtle pepper karam. Quick and easy to make.

For the past few days I wanted to make vella dosai and finally yesterday made ragi version. Enjoyed it very much. I like to eat it plain without a side dish. Is it the same proportion for wheat vella dosai also?

Yesterday made panagam for Narsimha Jayanthi. It is snowing here but still enjoyed the panagam.

Being a lover of mango tried mango badam kheer with mango pulp. Truly wonderful taste and so yummy.
    Want to try the foccasia and other bread receipes soon. Please post the fig and date bread. It is tempting.

With so many following behind you can go miles and miles more.

With Best regards
    shubha

3. Chitvish

Dear Shubha,
    jain corn kurma is an appidiye sappidalam dish!:tongue

Please go to
    Wheat-Ragi Vella dosai

i posted vegan bread pudding y day - will post this fig bread next week.
    Thanks for all FBs!!
    Love,
    chithra

4. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,

we had a friend for dinner today.i made majjige attu with vadakari(used baked masal vadai,,thanks to ashwini for this lovely idea)
    hyderabadi kichdi with garlic kadhi
    kulfi for dessert.
    masal vadai

all the dishes came out very well ..i was surprised when dh appreciated the food in front of his friend(invariably,he gives his comments after the guests have left,be it good or bad comments:))

thanks mami.
    lov
    aarthi

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  5. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

today was a very long and interesting day.. my kid wakes up at 6.00 on the weekends bcoz he is afraid that we are going to waste all weekend sleeping.. :rotflso we did a whole lot of stuff today (tennis, swimming, farmer's market, gardening, more tennis, shopping and a lot of cooking)

just as i was about to obfy the lunch with frozen rasam, DH said lets make vadai :idea .. with only 20 mins to spare for lunch we needed a quick vadai and i remembered reading one such recipe earlier so researched the vadais section and did the Maddur Vada. wow one super easy and so so tasty vadai. fp did all the kneading. the vadais came soft and crispy on the outside, i have frozen the extra batter for later.

one more fb - long time on my todo - eggless milkpowder cake .. did it as a cupcake. super super tasty, soft, fluffy cake. i did with white whole wheat flour. could not believe that i was having the cake and eating it too. thx for the recipes and luvs
    shyamals.

6. Chitvish

Dear aarthi, very interesting combos!!
    Yes, aswini's idea has been fruitfully followed by you & successfully too!!
    I was srprised, why nobody had tried majjige attu since dosai varieties are our standard favourites!:idea
    Good for us that DHs can be spontaneous too,atleast occasionally!!:hide:
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear S-s, lovely, lovely FBs!!:thumbsup
    I loved the way you pack activities into week ends rather than just lazing around ( the last is totally against my nature!).
    Many of us make 'to do' lists, but you faithfully follow them.
    This eggless milkpowder cake is an ideal sponge cake for trifles & base cake for puddings. Since we get only whole wheat flour here, I do not understand white whole wheat flour. Perhaps whole wheat flour is what we get my milling here whereas white whole wheat flour is similar to labelled wheat flour sold in cartons (like Aashirwad, Pillsbury) etc.
    Thanks for detailed FBs!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,

heart-felt thanks for the omam kuzhambu recipe. it barely has oil and all naattu marundhu. even while grinding i knew this would be a repeat since DH doesn't take pickles and he's sadly left with some bland tasting vege for curd rice. he loves these kind of kuzhambus, puli inji. today's lunch very traditional - lemon rasam and vazhakkai thengai potta kari. all using less than 1 tsp oil. nanna sapittum thookam asathalai:)

also made khoa to make mango kulfi. FB will follow as always.

oh how can i forget this - y'day for breakfast made k.paniyaram. i kept the frozen maavu in fridge overnight to thaw. wonderfully fluffy paniyarams with tomato chutney.

Latha

9. Chitvish

Dear Latha, thanks. Omum K, milaku K, pachai VK, karuveppilai K are all our thick 'preservable' tangy kuzambus.
    All fermented doughs (including bread!) turn out more soft & tasty on making after thawing!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

dear mami,
    summer is still playing hide and seek with us ,,but there was a fruit sale going on in the nearby supermarket and i got a great deal ,bought a box of plums,peaches and nectarines..made PLUM LASSI y day,,lovelt tasting lassi,,i was enjoying every sip of it.i have bought two boxes of frsh srawberries from thr farmers market as well...i am now digging into your smoothies and drinks section:).

at the f.market ,there were stalls selling different varieties of bread,mami..i was simply zapped at the varieties available,,focassia was the hot selling fav,,followed by a fruit bread which resembled your VEGAN FIG BREAD..:)wanted to share this with you..

lov
    aarthi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.