1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

make up requisites:pls advise

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by joiee, May 27, 2010.

1. joiee

joiee New IL'ite

hi all,
    Is this the correct daily makeup procedure:

wash ur face,apply moisturuser ,then foundation cream,then loose powder,then blush,then kajal and eyeliner and then muscara,lipliner and lipstick...

i am very doubtful regardin the brands of founadtion cream and loose powder..i tried shahnaz hussains shacover..but its lookin so dramatic and even funny.coz i ve a wheatish skin...
    so please suggest how and with which brands of creams(that offer wide range of shades),DAILY MAKEUP has to be done?

i apply foundation using hands..i am completely unaware of the brushes available for appln..So if anybody has images of those that r supposed to be used,pls post them and mention their purpose along with it..

do we really need mosturiser as the base...doesnt it cause ppimples..

eagerly waitin for reply
    thnx,
    joie

2. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

Hi joie,

Its not advisable to use foundation daily, esp. in hot & humid climate of India unless you have to cover up pimples or blemishes & for that too you can use concealer alone. Too much use of oily foundations can block your skin pores leading to skin problems. I think if your skin is normal then go for a light layer of translucent powder only or you can use tinted moisturisers too.
    First determine your skin type. Always follow the regimen of cleansing, toning & then moisturising, moisturising is essential before putting any makeup on ur skin as makeup sometimes dry out your skin. Dry skin can make makeup look visible. So moisturisers can make your skin smooth & healthy looking. Always prefer oil free moisturisers with sunscreen & then apply a sheer foundation that mathes your skin tone.
    The rest of the steps are ok. You're going right.
    Try mineral lines of makeup as they are non-comedogenic & can be worn daily, it says on the back if it's non-comedogenic.
    You should use a foundation brush, as it blends the foundation very well, use a lot less product & you can get a better coverage & also looks natural. Always apply downward strokes of makeup brush. Here's the image of a foundation brush.

http://www.arianepoole.com/shop/images/foundation-brush.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vpEfgpWgUB8/S77Txqnu8XI/AAAAAAAAAAM/3tP63icnOAE/s320/mac187brush.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  3. raisin

raisin Bronze IL'ite

Hey,

Moisturising before make up depends on your skin tone and the climate, for me. I moisturise my face if its dry like in the winter. If its the summer I use very lil mositure. Sometimes I use nivea and lacto calamine as bases.

For foundation you can also use songe applicator. There is nothing wrong in using hands, though. For me songes are easy as they give an even application. For daily make up you can use Lakme souffle. I used to use that until last year when my face began to get dry. They are very light and natural and don't need loose powders. But try to avoid make up on a daily basis.

Also, feel free to use eye shadows and color eyeliners suiting to your complexion. I have started them but cautiously. Have fun!

4. joiee

joiee New IL'ite

Hi Sweetu and raisin,

Thanks a loooooot yaar....sweetu,pls mention good brands and the costs of cleanser,toner and moisturiser....as if now my skin is terribly irritated by pimples and blemishes..its so embarassing...:drowning

u ppl heard of derma color concealer????..how is it?
    wats the difference between foundation and concealer?

i saw lipliners ranging from 10 to 250(lakme)..and i m definitely sure that there r very expensive lipliners too..but do we really need a very costly lipliner????

i cant spend so much bucks on all shades of lipliners..pls suggest 2/3lipliners that will go well with almost all colrs..i ve a wheatish skin tone..so always buy red/pink/maroon shades..so pls suggest brands and shades of lipliners

thnx a lot,
    joiee

5. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

Hi joiee,

i don't understand if your skin is so sensitive & acne prone why r u using so much of heavy makeup & that too on daily basis..your concern shud be to clear your skin first...sorry if it sounds rude anyways
    For all your cleansers,toners & moisturisers i wud recommend Cetaphil, Neutrogena, clean & clear, clearsil stayclear line products..always check three things non-comedogenic, fragrance free, and alcohol free (in case of toners)..

for cleansers u can use any brand but remember to buy something fragrance free, non comedogenic & oil free too, also go for cleansers containing 2% salicylic acid.

For toners, they should be alcohol free, u can buy salycylic acid containing toners..

For moisturisers, again the same brands but don't forget to check for afore mentioned things..

Always use oil free & non- comedogenic makeup if u really want to use it..or try mineral makeup lines like bare escentuals' bare minerals, L'oreal paris bare naturale & so on..all these are mineral based makeup line which won't clog the skin pores.
    http://www.lorealparis.ca/cosmetics/face/bare-naturale.aspx

Foundation is like a base or foundation of your makeup, it is not meant to cover everything, it is used to smooth over the texture & to even out skin tone. Never let foundation in direct contact with your skin, there must be a barrier either a good moisturiser or a primer between your skin and the layer of your foundation..
    http://www.lorealparis.ca/videos/bare-naturale-look.aspx
    Makeup Foundation tips, applying foundation, matching foundation to your skin tone

concealer is used to hide colorations & imperfections like acne, blemishes or under eye dark circles that need special coverage, it comes in a variety of tones like blue, green , yellow etc..
    Makeup Tips : Corrective Concealing with green, yellow, purple concealers, How to hide dark spots, blemishes and flaws

for lip colour shades choose roses, mauves, berries & walnut shades..Go for a lip liner that is just a little darker than your lipstick colour..do not use harsh colours that may look dramatic..

U can also use a lip liner that matches your lip colour i.e neutral or nude lip liners so it will be easy because when the lipstick disappears atleast u don't get the grossy ring around your lips..My personal favourite is L'oreal automatic liners.. & they go well with any lip colour..so u jst have to buy only one..
    Crayon Petite Automatic Lip Liner - Lips - Lip Liner by L'Oréal Paris

:thumbsup

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  6. joiee

joiee New IL'ite

Thanks Sweetu..and yes,i go with ur advice..even i was thinking of clearing out my pimples first and then go for daily makeup..as if now,i must use a concealer while going for some special occasions..I am using derma color concealer..out of all I used,i find this as the best..

once again thanks for making thinks clear....

thanks,
    Joie

7. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

u r welcome dear :cheers