1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wow!!! Coconut oil & coconut milk works!!!

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Kavya27, May 20, 2010.

Did coconut oil work for you?

1. Yeah absolutely.. It worked in 2 months

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Yeah.. It worked.. But took more than 2 months

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Tried and it did not work for me

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. May be my hair is useless to be treated!!!

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Kavya27

Kavya27 New IL'ite

Hey Dears.,

Since 4 years., I'm having hair fall and wondered whatz to be done... My Granny often asks me to apply warm coconut oil every night and massage but i've never given her an ear.., coz everyone talks about coconut oil all the time.. Atlast, since d last 2 months, I'm applying warm coconut oil (ensure it is out of coconuts from India., coz., some other coconuts might not give the same effect., I've tried coconut oil available from Thailand and Philippines earlier and those didnt work great on me) every night and taking hair wash once in 3 days (as suggested by my granny again!) using "Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo" (my granny asked me to use coconut milk along with any regular shampoo., but since getting a fresh coconut milk everytime is a challenge, my cousin suggested this product and this works 'MAGIC'.. U can get this in Target or from any Amazon online store).. If you dont get the shampoo mentioned above, jus use the coconut milk along wid any shampoo u currently use.. Dilute the shampoo with the coconut milk... My hair grew fresh, healthy and a lil long in 2 months time...I've an adorable hair now and I LOVE MY GRANDMA for this tip... Thot of posting here, so that everyone can benefit... TRY out and DO post in the results...

sumzaya and Muthuraji like this.

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the tip. Can you please tell which is the brand to get from Target so that i can look for it next time.

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

wowww...kavya thats nice tip..by the way, wont the coconut milk make the hair oily if we mix it with the shampoo? or does it work like a conditioner?

4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you apply oil everyday and wash it once in three days, then how do you manage the other two days? Do you go out/to work with oily hair? :confused2:

Can we wash it everyday?

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kavya,

I too have the same doubt like Gauri and will not coconut milk leave any odour in the hair? We do not get the product mentioned by you here so if fresh c milk is added how would be the texture of the hair after washing...will it be oily & smelly?

6. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi. thanx for posting the nice tip at the right time

7. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Cocount is very nourishing for the hair, ive also heard about its benefits, and my hair grew so much faster when i massaged it with coconut oil, but i wash the same day i apply oil, how do u manage the do days with oily hair?

8. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kavya

Thanks for the tips. Will try and give the feedback.

9. Kavya27

Kavya27 New IL'ite

Friends, Had been a while since i logged in..

Pavi, Thankyou!

Gauri, Pink.Rubies and Srividya., Like u know., Coconut milk acts like a conditioner.. U can take hair wash every day as well.. However, I haven't tried that way... The alternate days i apply a very lil amount of oil just for the inner part of hair and ensure that the outer hair is dry... My suggestion is to mix coconut milk with any regular shampoo you currently use, to avoid., too much Oiliness or smell. When I applied Organix shampoo, after my cousin's suggestion., I dont find any oilyness after wash.

Well, For Raji and Pman., Hey Guyz am not very strict about the brand of coconut oil.. I just ensure that it is from India... Generally I go for Parachute...

Happy long weekend Guyz... Take care...

Luv, Kavya

10. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

which coconut milk do you use??