IVF - Need some advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mrudula, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anu , all the best for your transfer:thumbsup

2. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Radha and sankna for ur wishes.

Baby Dust to u all.

Thanks,
    Anu.

3. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

friends..
    need ur suggestions.. these days my stress is rolling up.. and emotionally get drained out.. in the IVF phase.. how to control this stress.. only relief for me is going to temple..

thanks
    anu.

4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sudha,

My hugs to you. I am going to start my IVF journey in August. The first thing to succeed is to have a peace of mind and relax. I know its easy to say and IVF is a roller coaster. You may try for some deep breathing exercises by seeing Baba Ramdev videos. Also chck with your RE and go for Acupuncture. This helps for stress redution a lot. Also dont keep your free, engage yourself on some activity that you like, may be cooking or reading or watching movie. Stay away from surfing the symptoms and IVF experiences.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anu,
    Just try to relax. Divert your mind in other friends...
    Talk with your friends or catch some friends who proceeds with IVF over there... We used to laugh each day at the waiting area & laugh by seeing the hormones levels in the reports... Just made the complete waiting area watch us.
    Or hear some music, read books or do the things that cools you!

6. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Baby dust to u all.

7. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

8. annavarapus

annavarapus Senior IL'ite

Anu,When is your transfer?My best wishes.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    I thought I will write my IVF experiences once it turns positive. But now, after my first IVF failure, I am writing my journey here….

I planned my IVF around May since my mom will be there on leave to support me on those important days. Started my journey in April with OCP for 21 days. After the second week of BCP, I have started injections (in hands, hope they are subcutaneous). Took those injections to home as I can save my travel to hospital each day. Hospital allowed it as my dh is doc too. Some of you know the tragedy happened in this period. After stopping my OCP, I got my periods by 4<sup>th</sup> day noon. Went to hospital for blood work on second day. Other than Prolactin, other hormones are fine & started tablet for prolactin. Third day I had a scan. From that day there were three injections. Two injections over the hip & one in the hand. I though those hip injections are painful, but later this pain was far better than those progesterone injections. Though more of it will come next!

From 8<sup>th</sup> day follicular study started. On 8<sup>th</sup> day, there were minimal follicles & they changed my dosage, but my body responded to it immediately & seen good development in the next day. By 12<sup>th</sup> day I had more than 10 follicles around 18mm. They gave hCG shot by night & did scan on the next day. They counted 10 good follicles of size above 20mm. Egg Collection scheduled for the next day.

EC was with General Anaesthesia (GA). It was one day procedure & went to mothers place & took rest for a day over there. I could feel abdominal pain & discomfort for 3 days. By the third day, hospital informed, they have collected 10 eggs & 8 are mature/good. Among them 7 got fertilised. Since things were progressing well, ET has been decided for the 5<sup>th</sup> day.

ET has been planned with GA as the doc who did dilatation felt, it will good if done under GA, so went ahead with it. On the ET day, those doctors showed me two embryos which are planned for transfer in photo copy& told they are of very good made quality. They made fun & said I will be having twins. Then GA given, don’t know what happened after that. Woke up in room after few hours. Didn’t move for few hours as they told not to move 4 hours after ET. May be I didn’t move much for a day as I was in fasting for more than 12 hours & no water for more than that time. Stayed in hospital for 2 days. Then reached my mothers house. My mom did all support & all items came to my bed. My younger brother covered the days when my mom was not next to me.

I was given with progesterone injection for noon & vaginal inserts for morning & night. I didn’t do much work, didn’t even walk more. Was sitting for half an hour in the evening. I didn’t feel much difficulties post ET, I was feeling normal. By the end of 2 weeks, I felt some cramps over legs & tummy. Head ache for a night, didn’t want to take paracetamol. It vanished by the next day evening. Nothing else. Given the urine & blood samples on 15<sup>th</sup> day to hospital. By evening I came to know, the results were negative & asked to meet the gynec. By mid-night, the same day we went to doc. She told good follicles, good sperms, good embryos & good endometrial thickness but still implantation couldn’t happen. We will handle it in the FET with more support. Ya, there are 3 embryos belonged to level 1 & 2 quality being frozen, will have my FET after 2-3 cycles.

I don’t know what/which/where it went wrong in these…. Don’t have much hope with the FET. But DH believes since I have lesser injections, body may support me better. May be lesser strain to my body. Lets see…. Just hopping for the good days.

Hope Priyanka will find answers to her queries here…
    Do you have anything to say dear?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  10. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Sending you a lots of baby dust:thumbsup.Take care of your health:hiya