1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

2010-2011 H1b sponsors list

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Dtsfe306, Feb 1, 2010.

1. neoarch

neoarch New IL'ite

No luck yet :thumbsdown

2. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Same here no luck :-(

3. kb2000

kb2000 Bronze IL'ite

Can't trust any consulting companies Let's see if there is going to be any change in August.

4. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Hi MannuRaghuu,

Nice to hear from you. I started as ID and worked for good MNCs here in India. I was PM for an elearning cm[y b4 I left for US. One thing is most of the clients I worked were in the US. So I feel there are good openings for ID, but for an immigrant I am not sure how far the sponsor/consultant are ready to market this profile. This year the situation is even before we talk about our experience, the consultants say they are not sponsoring. About courses in India only Symbiosis had a course, but from my experience I dont think its worthy to take it up. They just teach theory/ID concepts which you can read on your own. In India, companies dont value it much. So you can think of it in US scenario. As far as courses in US- Yes, they do have Instructional design courses even at MS level. I had some of my senior consultants in my earlier companies in US who were qualified in ID courses. But I dont know in depth about it. They will add value to your resume
    However, I feel simple training courses by consultants for ID will not be of much help. I hope I helped you at some extent. Stay in touch. If you get some idea on good sponsors.keep posting it.

5. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Prasanna,

Thanks for your inputs. I am thinking of doing PMP and researching on it. I have come to India now and will be here for quite sometime. I want to get your opinion on this.

For marketing our resume and to get H1b sponsoring in the US, which one will be helpful

- Doing a course in India (I feel its little cost-effective)
    - Else, doing a course with a consultant company?

More than cost effectiveness, if doing a training with a consultant is helpful, I will go for it. Since you have done training with consultants in the US, can you advise and provide your thoughts? When you talk to them do they say that they provide placement assistance?
    Also did you choose the course you want to do or they suggested?

6. sprasanna

sprasanna Senior IL'ite

Hi satmini,

A question. Are you planning to filr for your H1B from India or from here ? If you are filing it from here, it will be easier for the company to market you and schedule interviews. Also depends on how you are planning to go about it. Are you going to file for the visa and then go for interviews when they market you or first market and interviews, then file with offer letter in hand. Actually, it all depends on what/how you wanna do it. You need to ask the sponsoring company if they can market you on your current exp and skill sets, what kind of role they are looking at , whats the billing rate for the same and what advantages youwill get if you also have a PMP cert . If the company can market you for a higher role/salary with a cert in your kitty, then you can go for it. Or look at what will get you a job by looking at the job postings and see what suits your profile best. You can ramp up on certain key skills sets if you have a good foundation on the area you are looking at.

2. If you file for visa in India and come here and then they market you, you should be confident of landing a job and start working by Oct 1. Else you may have to run your own payroll like some people do, to stay on H1B status.

3. The way I am doing it is simple : I am doing a course (I chose it :) ) to ramp up my skills in the same technology I have been in for the past 6.5 years. The company offering the course will market the resume after course completion ( they said they can market me easily with the exp + skill sets, past and new) and once I clear an interview, they will file for the visa with the original offer letter. That is what I suggested to them and they agreed as it puts less risk and monetary loss on both parties. Also, If I dont have a job by Oct 1, I dont need to run my payroll as I dont have a visa too. You get my point ?

The choice of course/cert is completely upto you depending on what helps you best in getting the H1B visa. You need to ask the sponsoring company what/how they can market you best.

Hope it cleared things up a bit for you. I know its a tough decision...I went through it too. :bonk

7. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi ,

I contacted a consultant who says he can file H1 provided I get a job and he is not ready to market me.

I am trying my bests to hunt fr job, no calls, no emails. Time is really bad..

Any of you who had luck so far???

8. jobhunter

jobhunter New IL'ite

Hi, I am MCITP certified SQL Server DBA ..
    I am also looking for someone who can sponsor my H1B Visa..
    Anyone is aware about any consultant?

I would like to share one site which gives review about constant companied.

Goolti.com - Reviews for Desi Consultants in US/India

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  9. zerocool

zerocool New IL'ite

Hi Prasanna,

Your post (reply to Satmini for PMP etc) is really helpful and educative. I am a newbie to all of this visa business and have been working as a Software Engineer (C/C++) in India since last 5 years in different reputed product development companies. Due to some urgent personal reasons( I am sure everyone has an equally important reason here ), I have to relocate to US and work there. I tried reading up and following almost everything about h1b and stuff. Unfortunately, I still dont know what the best thing would be to do. Can you suggest a starting point for even searching for a job in US(from India). I uploaded my CV everywhere but without any luck :( . I am really down and out and see no light right now. Hope you will suggest something helpful. Thanks a ton, in advance!

10. sprasanna

sprasanna Senior IL'ite

Hi zerocool,

Are you presently working in India? Can you ask your company to send you on an L1 visa ? Its a 3 year visa and you will be employed for your company, working in the US , at a client site maybe. Pay is slightly lower than H1B but its quite good and a safe way as you can go back to India retaining your job too.

If L1 is not an option, then you need to file for H1B. There it all becomes very tough because of the strict laws in effect now. :spinThere are companies in India who sponsor H1B visas (It costs something like $3000 in INR ) but the risk is that they may not be legitimate. People have been fooled by scamsters, I know 2 such people ! One of the consulting companies I spoke to here said that this year they havent been able to get anyone from India so far as the visa petition in India is mostly being denied, but you may have better luck. Try to find companies from websites mentioned here in this thread, sponsors mentioned by other people in this thread and see if they have an India office. Then contact that office to see if they can sponsoring H1B. The thing to be careful about is if they can really market you once you come here and what happens if you are not able to get a job here by Oct 1 2010. some say you need to run your own payroll to maintain your H1B status (earlier posts talk about this , u can see those ). If you know someone who has done this from India, talk to them, that is a much better way of going abt it. I know of only one way to come here on an H1B from India and that is either your company files it for you (quite rare, that happens for L1 generally) or you go through the desi sponsoring companies. I hope other people who read your post will offer some more ideas to you.

all the best .....