Need suggestions for family planning

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by sunitha, Nov 21, 2007.

1. allah

allah New IL'ite

Mirena

Hi Friends

I had a vaginal delivery with third degree tear..my son is four months old..

I would like to go in for Mirena (IUD contraceptive)

Is thr any of you who got it done?? If so pls provide yr views..

Would really appreciate if i can get some quick responses!

Thanks!
    :idea

2. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

Re: Mirena

Hi

I have. I had both mine thro C-section and I have a history of endometriosis so my gyno recommended this.. just had it thro my regular office visit.. takes about 15 mins to get it in. for the first 3 or 4 months i had spotting/bleeding once every 3 or 4 days. from then on every month there is only a mild pinkish discharge around the time of the cycle. once in a while (say once every 4 months) the cycle is more reddish than pinkish. i havent used a hygiene pad in 3 yrs now. all in all I am more than happy with it. the only side effect is the dryness around that area.. if that bothers you too much then u can use ky type gels.

hope this helps.
    shyamals.

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: Mirena

Before using any contraceptive methods, check with OBGYN, if they are suitable for your body. As mom-of-2boys said, with Mirena or any IUD, there will be unexpected spotting in the initial months, but over a period of time it will go away. But make sure that you get full details from your gynic before chosing any method.

4. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

LOOP to avoid pregnancy - how effective? any other methods?

hi friends,

its been 6 months since my delivery. had a c sec and blessed with a beautiful baby girl :).

now, my gnaec has advices me to go in for some IUCD - like looping to prevent pregnancy immediately.. upto 5 yrs.

i wanted to know the opinion on this - how safe and effective is this? what exactly is done? will fertility be effected?

dr gave me answers for all this. but im looking for answers from ladies who have undergone loop or any other similar method/procedure to avaoid pregnancy...

5. RenukaVimal

RenukaVimal Senior IL'ite

Re: LOOP to avoid pregnancy - how effective? any other methods?

Hi Jhalli,

i had my twins by c-sec in Nov 2006 and had IUCD (Multiload) inserted in early Jan 2007 which was for 3 years and had it replaced now with another one which is valied for 5 years.

I went for this inspite of many of my friends n relatives advising me against it coz of their not-so-good experiences with IUCD like severe cramping, heavy bleeding etc. But touchwood, it has suited me well and i dont have any disomforts other than slight irregular periods once in a while. It is a simple painless procedure and takes about 5 mins and relaxing and not getting tensed would help!

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jhalli
    I personally have no idea abt this but few of my relatives have tried and say that this loop definetely prevents pregnanct but it causes some irritation and the white fluid discharge is more and its uncomfortable.
    I would suggest tat u take up some other options other than this loop

7. visala

visala Senior IL'ite

my doctor told me not to go to loop it causes some problems and in case if it is not adjustable in us it will lead to operation.in some cases some got pregnancy also .she advised me that technology has improved now injections has come every 3 months we have take 1 injection.do anyone know about this injections.i will be waiting for ur replies.

thanks in advance

8. ilite

ilite Senior IL'ite

Congrats ! on ur LO.

There are loads of birth control options besides IUD. But they may be limited if you are breast feeding. The various methods I have read about are pills (low-dose ones if BF), IUDs ,implants (to be changed annually), shots , patches etc. I have known of people who used pills and IUDs and still got pregnant. But they are very rare cases.

IUDs on the other hand may cause infections, heavy bleeding cramping etc. My experience, the OB suggested pills instead of IUDs as I was prone to infections (especially if your are BF) Read and get to know your options before you decide.

All the Best!

9. shaluiyer

shaluiyer New IL'ite

Dear Friend,

I have been using Multiload ever since my son was born in 2007. The one i am using is valid for 3 yrs. But it is one of the safest method is preventing pregnancy than pills...I never had any issues cos of this so far.
    Personally, it s one of the best and the safest ever.

Shalu

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Well,
    This is hasbeen a safest option without any doubts. These Multiload IUD's available for 3,5 and 10 years. Just go ahead and choose based on your avaibility for next pregnancy. Yes with multiload, I faced severe bleeding for the first few months during periods time. Still in this phase becuse its still 3 months I am using them. But I had been using PIlls since my son was born since 2007. Dont go for them if you wanted to have a longterm use. I got cervical infection with pills longterm use and was on antibiotics since 3 months. So my gynic suggested to move me to Multiload 3 years IUD.