1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

C-C ; That was so considerate of our husband. Very sweet. Enjoy the "hangovers" :))

Amitha; We can surely plan. I would love to meet you. You are most welcome to my place; but since I cannot give the addrss in this fforum; we will meet in a mall; woodbridge or menlo park and then take it up from there.

Amitha; any special reasons why your DH is suddenly "bitten by work bug"? Is it guilt; that he is making you sit at home? I have heard Jay tell his friends that he sometimes feel guilty that his visa is making me handicapped. particularly when his friends knows my qualification; they give him an "accusing sort of look". I could fetch a salary that will be thrice of what he is earning in US:) Well; I am reassuring that I am enjoying this phase and I enjoy doing the "writing job"and honing the writing skills. Maybe one day I realize the dream of becoming a writer; by publishing a story atleast in women's era:))

Latha; yes it is a condo; but it is more than 30 years. So after a few days of stay I am finding a lot of wear and tear and slight leaks. SInce it is owner maintained condo; it is hard to convince him the importance. Ahh well .... we have to leave the choices we make. And Thanks to you; now I know where the dhaniya comes from;)

Sindhu; hope kids and grandparents are enjoying.
    S-s; Glad that you had a blast. Where did you go?
    -Nitha

2. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone, the homeless traveler here... :)

Just popping up to say we are a day away from California. We have been staying at Brian's uncle and Aunt at Nevada for two days. They have a beautiful house in the valley of the Sierra Nevada mountains. We are on the road since the 15th driving for a max of 6 hours with breaks every two hours.

I have a huge brag on my little girl and the dogs - this whole time we have been on the road, Riya has had only one meltdown in the car. She is an excellent travel companion much to our joys since both Brian and I love to go on road trips. The DVD player is used a lot in the car, and also I have a 'goody bag' of toys that I collected for her. The dogs have been equally wonderful.

Hoping to get a house on Thursday before the memorial day weekend so we can have our household goods delivered next week and move in. I just cannot wait to be "home". My in laws are with us too, they are going to help us unpack. I will also see my BIL and his 6 year old son this weekend. Riya cannot wait to see her Ethen bhaiya.

The baby seems to be doing fine, but my body is aching all over. My back is out of tune - wishing to see a Chiropractor soon, and my sciatic nerve is killing me. Other than that everything is going well.

Will talk to you all soon. In the meantime, keep chatting away and take care.

Raj

P.S. - Ooh one more thing - I got a really nice complement from Brian's aunt today. She said I am a very good mother and it truly shows up on Riya's temperament and personality. I was really happy to hear that. :)

3. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,

its literally raining birthdays and anniversaries here..

cc
    belated wishes for your anni.i saw the photos of the places,,,amazing.btw,did u see so many snakes at the snake den,sorry,but that was one photo i really got disturbed,,,so many snakes....
    that was so romatic of your dh,,why dont you ask your dh to pass on some dust here...my dh doesnt even know the meaning of surprises:).the reason he gives is that i will not be satisfied with whatever he gets for me.:rant,,i tell him atleast to prove that wrong,he has to try gifting me once..
    enjoy listening to the music..

S-S
    so,its raining vacations/picnics as well..sorry about the allergy ,hugs to your LO..

vanathi,
    i loved the farm(had visited the website),it looks so eternal,a different world.so,did A wear the veshti and did he like it?what about the wedding night(see,i am not leaving you),did u make the arrangements

krithi,
    if i would have been in your place,i would have ran away..hats off to your patience ..glad that the house is back in shape.

uma,
    that was a great menu..saffron rice,hm,yummy,hope you get your well deserved break soon.

nitha,
    the previous house we lived was similar to what you have described about your condo..it was more than 25 yrs old,and everyday i would come up with a new problem/leak..but it was in a central location,close to all amenities and V s school,so i had to compromise..
    so,busy meeting ILites,,its so refreshing when you meet people,right.

sindhu,
    i would actually be more happy if i get a chance to bake something for all you guys..these words of appreciation means a lot to me..
    glad that V and P are having great time..

raj,
    that was very sweet of riya and extremely brave of you,,best wishes and wishing you a happy journey .hope you settle in your home soon.take care.

mommies with school going kids,
    please tell me how you make them get ready for school on time without any major drama/screaming/crying..this daily affair of getting up late,not co operating to get ready is making me go really really mad..lately,i feel so helpless/tired and most of all a very guilty person for screaming at my kid as soon as the day starts..

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

:thumbsup Good luck with that! Hope you can keep it up - I never can.

Thats scheduled for August or maybe end-July (maybe it will become A's bday present although I think its better off being a family dog). We will probably move house by Oct/Nov and DH wants to wait until then because then we will be on the ground floor and will have a lot more space for a dog; lets see.

CC - Belated anniversary wishes! And your DH rocks! Lucky girl!

SS - looks like you had a good time too! Where did you go?

My Dh was like that too when we lived abroad for a bit and I could not work/study. Guess many men do feel guilty about "wasting" their wives potential. When are you going to start this new course Nitha?

Raj - good to hear from you. Hope you get settled in soon!

Yes A wore a veshti with minimal protests and stayed in for a good 3 hours! He also wore the panchagacham/kurta I had picked out for the recpetion quite happily but slept through most of the reception! As for the wedding night - it was at my ILs place and I had to ask my other SILs to do it as I got stuck with acompanying the bride/groom to a temple and then home. They did a simple but good job and so far things are going ok with SIL at home. She tried to organize the house a bit (in her first week!) and MIL would have none of it :) Its kind of funny to see her and BIL having the usual small tiffs etc. - makes me feel ancient and very wise!

V.

5. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Gals it's my rant time!!!!
    We had to apply PR for the lil one. Had to drag the two...no choice. K started her tantrums at the waiting hall. She started getting bored after a while and jumped from one seat to another till the other end of the room and singing loudly with a tune "nanana mummy you can't catch me" I tired to control her with all my facial expressions as i could not scream....Then at the immi officers seat, started climbing on the table, disturbing LO while handing over the doc. Then i had to go again to take some print outs and she was running out of the door. Then again tantrum for for sweets at the photo copier.....Finally everything was over when LO started to cry, went to the nursing room while K was banging the door and troubling so much, then she pulled out the folder from the bag and just then all doc fell and were scattered all over, including ic, passport etc....:rantI lost my temper and spanked her, inspite of all this she was crying all the way for sweet....:bonk....now DH
    With this mood when i stepped in , the house was the shabbiest, sink was full and so did the dish washer........clothes to be folded etc....i felt like throwing everything out and what not. I refreshed both and we walked out to the play area, the fresh air was good(not the humid SG luckily), LO slept peacefully and i too felt better....
    CC anniversay wishes to you...That was gr8 of ur DH!!!ENJOY
    V and K so you both have shared ur trip experiences aaa.....hmmmm i peek into IL while BFing.......let me revert back again....
    Nitha DH...yes but it has it's own pros and cons....Hope you got attached to the bathroom....I've rej many houses just becoz i didn't like the bathroom and DH was going crazy.....
    Latha dieting aaaa. I feel like hiding in a rat hole. I eat and eat and eat...Excuses that i'm eating for the Lil one.....:hide: Anyhow i would rather exercise than dieting.....:)no control of tongue....
    Sindhu u must be relieved from thinking of the house is it? I felt relieved when mom was here, earlier my BP wud shoot up if it's 6 and i had to sit even for another 5 mins..
    Aarthi i'm with you too. The same here DH will scold me for making her day start like this blah blah....I wait for atleast 5-10 mins(not more than that as already lazy mom got up late) pamper her etc,but after that is a huge scene.....Since she's just 3 i too take it for granted..
    Take care all momies.......Off to sleep....

Uma

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

quickly dropping to see how you ladies are doing. We all seem to have caught some bug while travelling and all three of us have typical viral fever symptoms. Thankfully, the little one has not gone into another asthma/wheezing mode yet. Waiting and watching. Catch up with all of you shortly. Hope the week has been kind on you mommas.

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Raj;
    It absolutely great of Riya to be such a wonderful travel companion. And of course you are a wonderful mommy too. So no wonder Riya is of this sweet temperament. Hope you find a house of your choice.
    Arathi;
    Same here. This condo is older than me:) Well; it has everything I wanted a patio; washer and dryer inside the apt.; a little brightness and the location. So I am trying to overlook other matters.
    Vanathi;
    Did you decide on the breed? I am planning to start the course by mid -June. I have a lot of research to do before putting money:)
    Uma; You did the right thing by going out for walk rather than trying to clean the mess. Else it would have made you more livid.
    K; No worries. Everything will be fine with lil K. Take care
    I am planning to start a walking group. In the plans to catch a few partners. It is nice walking space; and our backyard area has space for badminton or other small sports activity. If I get atleast two likeminded people it would be fun.
    -Nitha

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  8. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

girls,

i have been reading all your wonderful posts since morning and thought of penning my reply in the night. but what a day it turned out to be. i'm in all time low so please bear with whatever silly rant you get to read. i'm so dejected. i tell you seriously i'm a bad mom as DS says many many times in a day. i think i've changed a lot.. in the sense i don't keep on repeating don't do this many times.. i tell once, twice and take necessary action. then between siblings i let them squabble and only interfere when it turns ugly. i make lists, try to do whatever possible in those few hours i have after dropping-off, picking-up, time with kids, other errands that always seem to arise every couple of minutes.

yet yet... my son is most of the time grumpy. why? i'm sure there's something wrong the way i mother him. i always thought he's by nature a stubborn boy but today i felt i've failed as a mom. i so patiently tried to distract him from his nasty tantrums and i can't control his temper. i, as a mother, am not able to calm my child. i don't know right now what i'm sad, angry about...

DH has concluded i'm always on the edge, have my own priorities so i'm not able to control the situation. i am so sad that my husband isn't helping me out. i get hurt when he tells me that there are many women in my situation who manage things better. it really gets hard on some days and today seems to be the worst. end of they day i've had some fight with the children, i'm upset with DH over some comment/remark and i've done nothing for myself. i'll admit frankly... i bake after children go to bed. every single time i bake something DH comes in to remark 'oh you've started a project. but you've no time to clear up the socks'... damn i shouldn't be thinking of all past conflicts right now when my mind isn't thinking clearly but i'm unable to help it.

hoping tomorrow brings in better ideas, positive thoughts... i need your hugs tonight to sleep peacefully...

9. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Oh Latha, you are probably already asleep now but giving you a tight hug. Hope tomorrow will be better to you. Although we can make ourselves miserable thinking about other who seem to manage better, we only see their happy side. They are also probably stressed out while putting on a happy face.Another thing is I'm thinking your DH doesn't understand how relaxing and unwinding your baking is for you. Although it seems illogical to him, spending all time picking up things and clearing away is not going to help and spending time on what energizes you will. Don't ever say you are a bad mommy, positive self talk is very important. We all know what a great caring mommy you are :)

Men sometimes don't quite get it. I feel whenever I sit in front of the laptop for 5 mins is exactly when my husband feels like reminding me of the pile of things undone. Oh well, forget it.

10. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Sindhu,

I completely agree with you on this... Only when I sit infront of laptop DH will talk about thousands of things.. he will say, ' you are saying that you are not having time to get enough rest/sleep, but you have time to spend before the laptop'.. what is this? I can spend just 5-10 mins in Laptop for quick browing but how come that is possible for sleep...???

Latha, hugs dear..Something similar also happens here... Atleast in your case, your DH never asks for variety in food.. but my DH always wants variety and some special food on sundays.. but whenever, i go inside the kitchen and make arrangements ,he says 'do you really want to do this now? We hardly get time to talk with eachother and you want to spend that time also for your interest'.. I am still unable to understand this...Then how will you get whatever you like..you want me do some magic to get that as welll !!!????

Vidyaa

Last edited: May 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.