Frustrated Lingerie Shopper

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Delhi' started by Ruchira12202, May 23, 2010.

1. Ruchira12202

Ruchira12202 New IL'ite

I figured since we talk about everything under the sun on these blogs, why is it that hardly anyone talks about something that every woman NEEDS...Lingerie?
    Is it because there aren't those many choices and we have no idea where to go?
    While i worked abroad i remember standing in a lingerie store and wanting everything. The most essential part of every one of us is what we wear within; the color, the texture, the fabric, the fit and most importantly the feel. The way it makes us feel psychologically (i.e., I feel sexy today-I'll wear Black lingerie)
    Is it just me who doesn't really care to buy anything in shops in Delhi, or are there others who don't feel satisfied when they walk into a store to pick up a sexy bra and a panty, pick up their size come home only to find that you look awful and won't be caught dead in it?
    Where do i go to get good sexy lingerie in Delhi or Mumbai? I'd like to go to a place that has a wide selection of colors, fabric, styles etc, but never seem to find anything.
    If you go to Shoppers Stop or M&S, the latter has much better quality (fabric & feel), but they aren't as nice looking as the one's in Shoppers Stop or Lifestyle, which in turn are best to make paneer in, because they don't fit your cup perfectly.
    Ever sat around a mall and looked at the million women who visit it? Ever notice how many of them wear the wrong sized bra, very tight bottoms, or very loose bottoms, or the wrong type of bra for the clothes they are wearing.
    Being a woman i KNOW we look at ourselves a million times before we walk out the door, so how is it that we are oblivious to the fact that our panties are bunching up because they are too loose, or we can see flesh hanging out because it's too tight? The reason is because we don't have any choice in what we can and can't buy, so we often choose to ignore it.
    How is it that Bipasha Basu has the perfect cleavage? She's just one of us (possibly a better looking one) but she's still just one of us; a 34 b, c, d, or f. She shops for her bra's abroad, is my conclusion!
    Why can't one of our merchants set up shop that brings us NOT Chinese/Korean (no offense to their susta, keemti, tikao stuff) but something higher in quality? I understand it's not going to cost Rs.150-350 but for that one off occasion-a wedding, an anniversary etc etc., God forbid we be able to feel sexy within.
    How many of you shop at La Senza? Do you know the stuff in India is not a mark on the stuff you get in Dubai, and cheaper? How is this even possible, for a very liberal country we don't have sexy lingerie stores but an Arab country has a dime a dozen?
    I think we have come to the day and age in India where the Bra burners, from the 70's would be proud of how Indian women have accomplished what they fought for, but would definitely ask the question "Isn't there something sexier to burn"?:bonk​

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I totally understand your frustration! I only came to know about cup size after I came here - earlier I was aware of only the size - 32,34 etc - no cup size! I think it is much better though in India now adays. Before you had to buy stuff in tiny little shop with (horror!) male salesmen!!!

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotflBeen there! Have things changed now? That is good! :thumbsup

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  4. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

Couldn't stop laughing, never heard of someone describe it (buying something that is forbidden) in this way, its like buying marijuana in the dark street corner.

5. Ruchira12202

Ruchira12202 New IL'ite

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CASIFIQ%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:right; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; direction:rtl; unicode-bidi:embed; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0; mso-gutter-direction:rtl;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Hi Mythraeyi,
    Im not sure which city you were in, but let me share a very HORRIFIC instance a very long time ago with one of the salesmen I went to (Sarojni Nagar-New Delhi). He in his very typical panju accent went "yes ladeej (1 was the only one there), wiss saaz I can brang you", since it took me a sec too long for respond he decided to let me know what my "saaz" was. Finally he brought me something (this is the horrid white, starchy cotton one's), puts it up with the cups facing up and goes, "youh see, varry nice and pointy"​
    I have to say, I take pride in myself as a person who doesn't get embarrassed by a lot, but as red as my face was there, I had to escape with my "saaz" and dignity.​
    Hi mstrue,​
    The reason I wrote this was with the hope that someone would be able to share info and possibly places they get their stuff from in any of the Metros, as believe me I haven't seen anything I really want to buy. ​
    However, as Mythraeyi said there aren't as many slimy salesmen anymore.​
    Hi GiJoe,​
    Im guessing you are someone who's never had the occasion to buy UG's for women in India, because you will find that good pot's easier to find than a nice sexy piece of lingerie.​
    This was my first blog, and it was fun. Now honestly, does anyone really know where one can get something nice?​
    Regards,​
    R​

6. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

Thank god for on-line shopping.

7. Ruchira12202

Ruchira12202 New IL'ite

Online shopping's fine, but doesn't have the same affect. You have to be able to feel something that you buy, especially clothes.

8. sushmasrivastav

sushmasrivastav Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    You can try out the La Sensa stores in the saket mall

9. GarghKavita

GarghKavita New IL'ite

Hi,,, you ladies really do seem frustrated by lingerie woes!!! like you guys i also endured buying my lingerie from those horrid little men at those small shops.... but thank god i dont have to anymore... the best place to shop in delhi is at GK1 m block mkt at the Kunchal's... they have an amazing selection.. from the cheapest to the most delicate and expensive.. and can you believe it ... they even carry a great range of corsets!!!!! startign at around Rs 600 to way beyong Rs 5000.... and the cheapest one isnt cheap coz its chinese!!!! nope!! no chinese for these guys!!!

just good quality stuff!!!

Oh and also enamour has various showrooms across delhi....

10. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite