1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In-laws - North vs South

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by RadiantCat, May 18, 2010.

1. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

I seriously find no truth in it at all.
    My inlaws (though we are from different community) never crib about the cultural difference we have, I adjust to theirs n they adjust to that of mine. They are even fine with my parents and no issues of they coming here or we going there. They help me all work now and they even said they will take care of me during delivery and insist not going to my parents house.

Where as my SIL has very bad time with her MIL(my mother's sister).Even during her baby shower in 9th month, she had to was the vessels, which made me feel so bad.

It all depend on person, NI or SI doesnt matter, its how the relationship is built.
    I feel the problem usually starts when mother feel insecure abt their son they vent out the anger at DIL. Initially even I was even frustrated when my husband used to give first importance to his mother, there wer small things like when he got his camera I was all ready to be shot first being a new bride, but it was a shock when he first clicked his mom, I really did feel bad about it, there are many such instance where mother takes fist place, later I realized this cant be changed . In fact he doing this his mom feels secure so that she will not crib about me. So I have accepted the fact boys will be boys we cant change much abt it but what ever happens we can change the reaction to situation change it to benefit us.

2. vidhyarohini

vidhyarohini New IL'ite

Hello,
    Even SI MILs and relatives look for the best features. The bride should be slim and up to their expectations, based on that the deal will start. If the girl is smart having good features, the deal of asking for the sovereigns of gold and silver will reduce. If she satisfy their expectation average or low, then she has to go with more valuables. This will surely form as a stain in her heart which will never allow her to mingle with MIL and relatives as she was in her mom's home. I will be happy if MILs value the girl more than giving importance to her belongings.

3. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

o my God.. ASG, you win the comedian of IL award.. lololol.. this is tooooo good!

4. Peace777

Peace777 Senior IL'ite

I totally agree that SI ILs dont consider DIL as part of their family. It was a culture shock for me. Talking about looks, my SI MIL is as well obsessed with looks :) She criticizes movie heroines as well.

5. ruchisingh

ruchisingh New IL'ite

Hi
    I am NI and so r my in-laws. As you are all talking abt whether NI/SI mil's are better, I will just share my experience. Here in SI, I have seen a lot of dil's dont get along with mil's whereas even if that happens in NI they more often than not do not live apart, whereas here mostly the SI dils are living separate from their mils. Next, I guess it depends on person to person, not on the region you belong to, coz my mil is very nice but my sister's mil is very abusive. As regrds looks, dnt get me wrong but dont u think that majority of SI ladies are on the darker side, and not with so sharp features so the mils are customized datways, and in NI you can find many NI with average complexion, so guess it depends on the choice they are getting.

6. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Darker side???? so what??? Why should color matter?

Why should NI feel like that. I live in US. same thing with NI and SI.

Time to stop this kind of behavior.

Peace be with you!!!!!:coffee

7. lalli30

lalli30 Senior IL'ite

let us not generalize , girls!

I m south indian, mixed, quite chubby and all my in laws are skinny!!! I stand a bit in the family, so I guess all your theories are zero... Of course there will also be trends but...
    i believe there are only different ideas that differ from one to one, not just one opinion depending on the part of india they come from...

8. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

SI in NI are exasperating. This was proved yet again by an introduction to an self proclaimed Adonis. He says he was Mr. King all through the college. I was like &&&& is all this Mr. King about. His explanation was enough to turn him down.

9. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

I guess that explains why most of the big heroines of Bollywood over the years happen to be from SI! Vyjayantimala, Waheeda Rehman, Hema Malini, Rekha, Sridevi, Jayaprada, Shilpa Shetty, Tabu, Aishwarya Rai, Vidya Balan and Deepika Padukone...I can go on, but you get the picture, don't you? I am not even going to include a few SI heroines who did very few movies in Hindi but still are remembered fondly by the audiences (Padmini, Lakshmi, Madhavi, Bhanu Priya, Soundarya, Revathi etal).

10. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Woww... !!! No We don't think so. Small suggestion...please remove this wrong notion from your mind or at-least change it. Sorry for being rude but its truth . Or sometime some INDIAN from south is going to blast you [/JUSTIFY]