1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Work Life Balance: aka The Sincere Sigamani or Attention AngaalaParameswari syndrome

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Spiderman1, Apr 7, 2010.

Are you and spouse able to spend reasonable amount of quality time together regularly

1. Yes - No problems for us. We spend time (though we may fight in that :-))

20 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Work/Profession is a hindrance in being able to spend enough time with spouse

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Non-work related issue (MIL/FIL/etc/ for example) is the reason we cannot spend time together

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. None of the options work for me - pls. post your comment in the thread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Re: Work Life Balance: aka The Sincere Sigamani or Attention AngaalaParameswari syndr

mstrue -
    instead of helping me overcome my fear of having kids :), you are making me more tense! Censor board :drowning I never thought of that aspect! :rant

J/K - glad someone liked this thread.

Inspiration for angaalaparameshwari is from one of the various names I use for DW in rotation.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Re: Work Life Balance: aka The Sincere Sigamani or Attention AngaalaParameswari syndr

:thankyou2: Suja!! Your "my DH swept me off' post was very sweet too. Hope you guys made up for the 'missed' times. :wink:

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

SP, what did you think then? Kids come in package deal.. comfort-discomfort.. 2 in 1. Thought you knew that already. :crazy

To scare you more: DH's nickname for our DS is 'Police'.
    Let me tell you one recent incident on how much the policing has traumatised my DH:
    When DH was leaving to India, he wanted to give DW a little peck.. he dragged me from the living room to the kitchen and planted one. Nothing unusual in it because that is how we had been escaping our censor board for years.
    But the funny thing was.. that particular day, my DS was at school 2 miles away. Yet DH did not dare to proceed in the living room! :rotfl

Followups in tangent thread.. :hiyabye..

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

*gulp*
    My life ho gaya!:spin

5. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

That's just hilarious!!!! who thought, you had to chori, chori, chupke, chupke in your own house.. lol :rotfl

6. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Re: Quality and quantity time with DH

1. Do u really get time to sit and talk?
    Yes...about 20-30 minutes a day is exclusively for each other:)
    2. what is the topic u talk to each other?
    Anything, sometimes TV shows, sometimes recession,otherwise jobs, education,grocery,planning trips...just anything:thumbsup
    3. hang out frequently?
    Yes,we go everywhere together.....
    4. how do u spend time for each other?
    Other than the time DH is in office, we are always together...so whatever we do makes us spend time for each other....

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I wrote the thread title as Work-Life balance.
    Consider it renamed as of today as Work-Life-Kid balance :hide:

That seems to be a separate dimension of its own :)

8. raha256

raha256 Bronze IL'ite

excelllent title.:thumbsup

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Thanks. Necessity is the mother of invention.

10. Flora1

Flora1 New IL'ite

Some of us hapless creatures fall into the over sincere and spend waaayyy too much attention and time at workplace. This does take a big toll on our personal lives.

My DH falls into this category. Work is his only priority in life. He stresses himself toooooooooo much and This has taken a toll on his health and energy level. HE is tired all the time and head, legs, back etc. are paining always.

DH busy at work or business or trips, not having enough time to spend at home.

We don't get to have any single meal of the day together.
    My kid gets to see his dad only on weekends because of My DH's long working hours. Even on weekends he is busy on his Blackberry and his laptop. Work is a continuous companion of his mind.

SO I think setting one's priorities is the way to maintain a balance.
    Taking day off or coming home little early on Bdays or other special occasions
    Missing the gym to play football with kids in the park.

Even Small things like that make a lot of difference and tell the other one that YES YOU'RE ALSO IMPORTANT FOR ME.