1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Routine of H4 Ladies

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by DDS, Apr 20, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Hi Girls!
    Here is my experience:
    I resigned my job in India, Got married to a H1B sweetheart and became a H4. I stayed at home for just 2 months or so. I got introduced to a Desi Consultancy. I made a bargain that I will work for FREE for him and thereby I gain some US work experience. I did that for next 6 to 7 months period, simultaneously trying for a job that would sponsor H1B visa. Found such a company, got my H1 and that's about it.
    I never had time to get bored or depressed..

2. Jooo

Jooo New IL'ite

Wah!!! Thats great to hear.. I live in fremont CA. DO you know any company or any other volunteering work here?

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Jooo,

I have no idea abt that area.. but check the web around your place.. you may find some company or check job sites and if it is Desi consultancy, offer to work for free.. atleast you will gain experience while waiting for the visa and time well spent. :thumbsup or take a course in your line and get the certifications that may help you land a good job in future..
    Some do child development courses and after gaining some credits, their plan is to get into teaching.. I have no idea aboutwhat is available in your area... Talk to ladies around your place.
    Good Luck!:thumbsup

4. DDS

DDS New IL'ite

Thanks ladies....Really appreciate your efforts for coming in and writing......

After reading all the posts 'am getting a slight kick:spin

5. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

hello ladies,

i went through all the posts and realise that there are som many of us all in the same boat. we all realise that on H4 there is nothing much we can do. but speaking of hobbies im sure we all have some or the other hobbies which we enjoy doing.lets use this forum to bring out more hobby ideas. maybe this way we can get ideas from each other and pursue something which can help us in spenind our time fruitfully..

will look forward to hearing from you all..cheers

6. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

So Ladies... have we come up with any ideas we can share here?

7. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Helo Ladies,

Anyone aware of good volunteering opportunities here. i have heard about them and would love to participate. Does anyone have any idea about this

8. Indialove

Indialove New IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    For the new H1B holders
    Here are a few things you can do

1.You have kids parent participation classes from adult school, mom and me swim classes, craft with kids etc in Micheals/Beverleys etc
    2. Look for vocational courses such as beauty course/physicians assistant that are nearby your areas.. As soon as you get an EAD, you can start working..In my case, there were lot of vocational courses offered in my area (very inexpensive) but i came to know abt that only after a year of coming here..Now I have a baby and not being able to do it..:bonk
    3.Hang out with close friends ..This will help a lot to overcome depression..If you are depressed, find a person who is depressed and cheer them up.. Your depression will go away.
    4. Go to library story time
    5. Some Bookshops and toyshops have activities like music time for kids..You can attend them
    6. If you dont know driving, don't worry, travel by bus explore your county as much as you can.
    7. Learn crafts like crochetting, embroidrey, sewing, alterations and various other crafts from Micheals and Beverleys.. When you go to India, you can proudly show your creations.
    Learn about parenting well ahead.. Since we are going to have little support from our India people during pregnancy and childcare, the knowledge gained will be of great help.
    8. Shop in various malls.. You will learn a lot here..
    9. If Costco is nearby, you get to try samples of food and also learn the american way of cooking..After trying, you can buy them if you like..
    10. Learn world cuicine..Have a open mind for diffent flavours..
    11. Surf the net and learn a lot that you think will benefit you in the future

1 person likes this.
  9. kvcr

kvcr New IL'ite

thank you indialove those sound like some great ideas.

10. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite