1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fashion Advise

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by vsj1985, May 18, 2010.

1. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I am a 25 year old and am basically from Mumbai, but have lived in Bangalore for majority of my life. Now after marriage I am in Chennai.

Before going into my main question, I'll give u a brief about my appearance. I am very light on my busts, however very heavy on my stomach and bottoms. Now. I am trying real hard to find the right type of dressing. Before marriage I would dress in salwars, and jeans and tops. But now I need to be more careful and pay attention to my surroundings as well.

Can someone please help me with what is the best thing for me to wear, i.e. how I should stitch my dresses, (long, short), and what kind of material is best and slimming. I tend to wear a lot of Fab India (XL range), however this is so limited that I am bored of the choice.

Also, I have extremely sensitive skin and the heat of Chennai is too much for my skin hence I tend to wear full sleeves. Please advise what would be the best suited for me and comfortable for the weather.

Please help cause I am going crazy and don't know what to do.... mom used to select my clothes for me all through life and now I don't know how to choose clothes or how to get them stitched as well (Please don't judge me)..... pllss help.....

Thanks a ton....
    VSJ

2. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

HI :hiya

Well quite understanding about your hassle in a grooming attire.I dont like the fitting of fab india ,it makes you look drab ,try goin to lifestyle in citicenter in chennai ,can manange to pick some designer outfits.some of them are really good,but you got to choose right.you gotta get mostly a dress which is fitting you well,not too loose nor too tight.you might look quite bad in sleevless if your arms are plumpy rather can go fr three quarter sleeves ,which is tight not loose sleeves,short kurtis is better suited not a long drape,go for a tight leggings with kurti top,churidhars would be preferred rather than a regular salwar ,if you hv fleshy bottom accentuate more on long legs by wearing short above knee length tops which is having tight full sleeves or 3/4 length,with a good stoll around your neck.get a lot short kurtis and mmismatch with good leggings or churidhars,colours preferred tosuit you is light shades if you have fair complexion,or dark shades if you re tanned.another destination for good dresses is in khader nawaz khan road some boutiques are awesome .
    write back what have you ended up in buying.

3. shahkriti0

shahkriti0 New IL'ite

Hey goldc, you've given her a very good suggestion.
    Hey vsj1985, to add to what goldc said. I would also like to suggest you to go for some flowy dresses which fit properly from top and frock style from bottom. For this season, you can go for some skirts. Also, would like to suggest you to talk to fashion experts on Femina's website or else you can write your issue to them. You might get your answer in the Femina Magazine. I follow the magazine religiously cos every fortnight, they come up with some trendy topics always.