1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buying sarees online

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by shubhavasudevan, May 17, 2010.

1. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Hallo ladies

Has anyone bought sarees thro interent or do you know any good reliable sites please let us share here. My collegue wants to buy sarees online so want your suggestions and help.

I have seen many shops selling sarees online but I haven't bought so far.

I would welcome your ideas and tips

thanking you all

regards
    shubha vasudevan

regar

2. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

What types of saree are you/she looking for?
    h
    Has a wide variety of sarees, cottons/silks/chiffons/casual and offers tailoring services for blouse and inskirt. I have had very good luck with their sarees and blouse tailoring.

Has kanchi silk and kanchi cotton saree, as well as Kerala saree. Also have pavada for young girls. Wonderful selection and excellent tailoring.

Located in Portland, Oregon. Has silk and cottons. Most saree are unpikoed and have no fall.
    I have had good luck with these shops, and a few others-but I have a new computer and my bookmarks are gone:bang

3. shubhavasudevan

Dear Cissyboo

I really appreciate your quick reply. I will go through the sites and tell her abt the same. I am sure it is vey helpful as you have purchased from them.

If she buys anything Iwill surely let you know.

regards
    shubha

4. ashagok

ashagok New IL'ite

Hey shubhavasudevan,

Utsaav Sarees is an excellent site and very reliable. They have an excellent collection of sarees, dress material, accessories and foot wear. I have bought two dresses from there and they were excellent.

Make sure u give the right measurements and the design you want for the stitching on time as mine was delayed because of the delay from my end.. But very good and friendly people and excellent service!

Hope this helps...

Asha

geevee68 likes this.
  5. shubhavasudevan

Dear Asha

thanks for your mail. My friend lives in Canada. So i have to check how much is the cost and the time taken to deliver. If you have their online address le tme know or i will just type the name and check.

regards
    shubha

6. shubhavasudevan

dear Naara

thanks for the info. I will definetely check these sites.

regards
    shubha

7. CynthiaH

CynthiaH New IL'ite

Dear Shubha,
    I am an Australian woman who loves most cultural aspects of the Indian sub-continent. My first husband was from Bangladesh, and I wear mostly sarees (also some shalwar etc). I have bought quite a few online, and would recommend: utsav sarees (huge range, good service, only small problem is that some items disappear from the catalogue quite quickly if, like me, you browse and then wait for a while!); pochampally.com (gorgeous sarees, very fast delivery) and sareeworld (free postage if over a certain amount). Postage to Australia from India is not very cheap, unfortunately. I have also bought from sarisafari in US - strictly traditional and very beautiful, very fast delivery.
    I suspect that sarees can be bought more cheaply if you are actually shopping in India, or can have parcels sent by relatives, but I don't have that choice, and have been very happy with my purchases from the above companies. I would really love to get in touch with ladies who are as fascinated by sarees as I am, as I have a huge number of questions to ask.
    Best of luck with finding what you want,
    Cynthia H

1 person likes this.
  8. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

I have had wonderful experience with Utsavsarees.com. I highly recommend it.

geevee68 likes this.
  9. shubhavasudevan

Dear Cynthia

thank you very much for a detailed reply which I very much appreciate. Many indian woman turn to western dress for comfort and style and it amazes me to know that you like to wear sarees.

I wanted to get the info for my friend. I am an Indian living in Canada. Though I use to wear sarees while back home here I hardly wear them mainly due to weather conditons.

I will forward your info to my friend. Once again thanks a lot. You can forward your queries about sarees. If I can answer I will be verfy happy.

regards
    shubha

10. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

I have ordered from Utsav a few times and pleased with the selection and delivery.