Special shlokas for specific purposes

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hello, go through all the 100 shlokas in saundaryalahari thread. If at all, it should be there.
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Dear machan,

You are welcome. I chanted the slokha for my daughter as she is
    little. If your son can chant the mantra, let him chant.That is good. Otherwise you can chant for him in your daily pooja.
    The effect will be the same. Because the end result (sankalpa)
    will go to your son. Whoever posts the letter, it reaches the receiver!

3. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot Chithra Ma'am. I will go through the Saundaryalahari shlokas.

Thank you!

4. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

thanku u vidya mam:thumbsup

5. umashwin

umashwin New IL'ite

Re: Telugu detailing

hi dear Chithra
    iam new to this IL n im really impressed with the collection of these shlokas but my only concern is how to pronounce them in telugu as we cant differentiate them in english. please help me.
    Thanks & regards
    uma:thumbsup

6. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

^ Hi Uma, if you need any particular Slokam / Stotram in Telugu script then post it here OR as a new
    topic. we will try to provide it . However, if you are at Hyderabad / South India then you should be able
    to find the printed books with devotional contents ... :)

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  7. umashwin

umashwin New IL'ite

Hi Dear Ragini
    thank you so much for ur reply. Basically iam from Hyderabad but right now iam out of town, moreover i found such beautiful info which iam not aware earlier and iam thankful to that. here is the list of the slokas tht i want in telugu pls help to the best.

1 santana gopala mantra
    2 naga dosha slokam
    3 garbarakshambigai stotras (to chant month wise during pregnant)
    4 vamsa vrudhi kara durga kavacham
    5 sri rudram
    6 skandha shasti kavasam
    7 aditya hrudayam
    8 aruna parayanam

i think im troubling you with a big list, but if u have any link then pls provide me. sorry to trouble u but thanks once again for ur concern.

love&regards
    uma:):):):)

8. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Attached Files:

9. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Chitra Ma'am,
    I accidently came across indus ladies site and this thread in particular while browsing through the net and it has transformed me completely.
    I definitely trust god a lot and used to pray regularly, but never had the habit of chanting any shlokas. However, on reading your posts, I was motivated and started chanting the small shlokas regularly and one day wanted to chant Lalitha Sahasranam. Ambal is my ista deivam and I was desperately searching for a tamil book so that I could start(reading from a print out or laptop screen was not that convenient). One day a friend of mine, herself gave me a tamil LS book(printed at India) saying she had an extra copy and she felt like asking if I wanted one. I was more than happy and it was like a blessing from the goddess herself to get started. I started slowly with the help of mp3s and now I can chant it on my own with proper pronounciation. As I started chanting all these shlokas, I started feeling more confident and trusting god to take care of my problems and was able to rest easy. It was more powerful than just praying to God for few minutes everyday and the entire day seems to be more positive. My husband could see a huge positive change in me and has started chanting sasti kavacham with me when time permits. Thank you for creating such a great forum. Checking the Religion and Spirituality forum everyday has become my daily routine now. My mom is really surprised at this transformation(she has tried for so many years) and is glad it happened better late than never :)
    Thank you!
    Navs.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  10. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Chitrama`m,

Could you help me in getting a small shloka called Kolaru pathikam [about navagrahas] please? I have been searching for it but to no avail.

geevee :thumbsup