Indians in Pune - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Pune' started by Induslady, Mar 20, 2007.

1. anaanya

anaanya New IL'ite

Hi Madhuri,
    Thanx for the reply. I will check out sakal.
    What do you do during your free time?

Anaanya

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Thats something new to know for me too Madhuri!
    Thanks for sharing it

3. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

Hi Anaanya And Gayathri,
    I am happy to know that I was of some help to you.After coming to Pune,I did number of short courses like dry flower making,fibre glass murals,chocolate making etc.As compaed to Delhi where I was earlier,Pune is a smaller city and once you are familiar with the place commuting is possible.
    Ladies here are quite enterprising and one can see lot of activities happening.
    In Pune Mirror or Pune times(TOI supplements)also, if you go thru pg 32(daily events)it will help you to know some of the the activities going on.

4. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Pune friends

Iam Lathamurali from chennai and my hubby will be joining IT company in Pune, by May 1st week, his office is in KHARADI ..( is it residential area or office area) .......is it OK to rent a house near Kharadi, is there any good ICSE school in Kharadi and or what place is ideal to stay near Kharadi ( it shld be somehow near to my hubby's office also, since he is working for IT company , he will be having long working hours, so atleast travelling time shlould be less.....GOT ME)

I dont know anything about pune, i have never been there....so friends, please tell me about pune, schooling there, cost of living etc..............s0 0nly after hearing from you guys, i can decide whether to join him ( anyhow i cant join for this academic year, since all admissions wil be already closed )

Eagerly waiting to know from you all

5. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Hi Latha, your PM made me take a look at this post.

Kharadi was earlier an interriors of Pune, intially only residential . But with the increasing number of IT companies - there have been many many IT companies coming up in this area. Also, lots of building are under construction for IT Parks with multiple companies in one campus. It is very far away from the main city - but Kharadi has developed a lot due to IT companies (and with that the Pune airport being located near).

So do not worry, there are lot of residential places available there. Some of my classmates were located at Kharadi and they found some comfortable places around Reliance mart, Kharadi bypass (you can search the name in google map to see where exactly it is located). I know of a Balaji complex near this Reliance that could be useful for you.

I believe that there are a lot of places to rent around - because the public here also knows the senario of IT people looking out for rentals.

Cost of living is high - as any other big cities, but not as much as Mumbai or anything. living here is NOT impossible. The typical rents that you might find for good places are around 8/10K for unfurnished 2BHK flats and kind of 10 - 12 K for furnished 2BHK.

Now, if at all (and really I dont think this would be the case) you dont get places here, you can look up for places at Vimannagar. Vimannagar is near but at a comfortable distance from Kharadi. Vimannagar is costlier but there are n-times more options here (with the simbi college and other colleges and IT companies around).

I do not know about any schools there in Karadi. Though a "Zensar High School‎" turned up when I was doing a google search (I have never of this school before though) . There is Bishop's school at Yerawada which is 8-9 kms from Kharadi (you do get frequent transport). Sorry, thats all I know about teh schools here, but I am sure there would be more around the place,

As I have never been to this place, only heard from my friends I know only this much. But I will try getting some more info and a number of a broker or something to help you out.

Bye..
    Gayathri

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear GAYATHRI and PUNE FRIENDS

Thank you sooooooooo much for your detailed reply and i want further more details, please dear, try your level best to help me ( let me explain about my position in detail) and please for my sake, ask your friends also .........

And, my main problem is i have to get GOOD SCHOOL , Since , my son is in 5th std now, ICSE board and the school where he is studying is such a wonderful school and there will be fear free enivornment, teachers will be very very friendly and caring to the students ( students will feel at home in school) and till 5th they wont have exams ( but cycle test will be there) and NO DAILY HOME WORK or WORK PRESSURE for students and very VERY LESS WRITING WORK ........my son is studying in the same school from his KG and he is very attached to the school and the teachers there ( than family members) , reason behind is TEACHERS ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND THEY WILL BE WITH UTMOSTTTTTTT PATIENCE to the kids and they will neverever PUNISH the kids even for big mistakes instead will shower their affection to correc them......SCHOOL MOTTO IS :

NO REWARD
    NO PUNISHMENT
    NO FEAR
    NO TEARS

At GOOD EARTH SCHOOL they lay lot of emphasis on excellence and on self learning and there is no place for comparison, ranking or competition

So i have big fear in changing him suddenly from this type of school and putting him in totally new environment , since i always feel MENTAL ATTACHMENT is always an added advantage to get success in anything , and my son is doing very well in studies, no need of running after him to do his homework or even no need to teach him in the house , but iam scared whether WE WILL GET SAME TYPE OF SCHOOL IN PUNE ALSO or else atleast good school with good standard and quality education

Friends, even in pune , you might have come across this type of school, if so, please please share with me

And,normally When will they start admission there, what is the procedures., i heard admissions will be over by Feb, i it true, will they admit now, hope he will be having entrance exam, in that case, what will be the syllabus???.........Frineds, IAM WORRIED, PLS PLEASE HELP ME .......

Only based on your reviews i can decide, i dont have any close relatives aor friends in pune exccept my IL FRIENDS, hoping you guys will guide me for sure to your level best

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  7. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

Hi Roopa, Mala and all ,
    Gr8 to be in IL . My work at ngo is going very nice .currently i'm having vacation . My son is grown up with more naughtiness. malasripad, i got ur request to be friend . i accepted the same and sent u back.
    how r u roopadia? its long time to see ur post.
    do you know any bakery classes and thanjavur paintings classes at AUNDH ?
    I've put my son (5yrs old )in swimming class near loyola school at CPR (centre for police research ) and its good .I'm learning to drive a car . hope i should drive well(scared ...)
    BYE
    Harini

8. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

Dear Harinivijay,
    Mrs. Shamala lonkar conducts classes in tanjaur painting in Aundh. to get her address, just type her name +pune in google and you will get it.As for bakery classes,you will have to keep reading classifieds in the newspaper.

9. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

Ah! thanks incharge for the info. I think its wonderful news for me too, coz I leave near this place and I have always wanted to learn the art (after seeing so many ILites doing it!)

Thanks dear, I hope to make to this place.!:)

10. Vijayavkumar

Vijayavkumar New IL'ite

Hi Anjali,
    I am Vijaya. Shifted to Pune recently from Jamshedpur. I am staying in Magarpatta City with my family. I am looking for baal vihar classes for my children somewhere in this area. Can you suggest some?

Thanks ,
    Vijaya