Third Thread-Ask here the Recipes you want from Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

aarthi, I don't get you!!Which query are you answering??
    I am a wee bit dunce in patches!:hide:
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. savannas

savannas Bronze IL'ite

Diet for dear one suffering from cancer

Dear Chitra Mami,
    Sorry for not havng been around for soemtime, one of our family members in India has been diagnosed with cancer.. Staying abroad, we currently spend every spare minute searching for iformation regarding how to nurse back patient to good health.. There are mainly plenty of western diets here - they speak of giving avocados etc. which are not available there,, So, I am looking for indian based recipes/diets I know for one you may be busy, and for another, probably there may not have been a prior need.. but would you by any chance have recipes that are mainly raw food oriented..? Or, have you any source of information regarding recipes for cancer diet..?
    As far as we found out, there is a list of items that patients can/can't eat.. If I post the list in the thread, would you, probably recollect any blander recipes (among your general collection) that can be applied for this specific purpose..? I know you are very busy with so much work, but I just thought I would check with you - this family member of ours, is struggling... after all, having had tea/coffee, idli/dosai/rice etc for years.. its so difficult to suddenly make fruits and vegetables one's staple.. she is losing weight terribly by the day, so, only, I want to check with you, as a final possibility..
    Ofcourse, mami..its rare for people to come across info such as this.. and as far as I understand, the concept of diet being an important role in healing cancer patients is being known only in places like Germany ( in India, nurses and doctors just think its terminal..no hope - unfortunate way of looking at things..) So, being stillnew in India.. I would understand if you haven't encountered any info related to this.. If that is the case, Kindly dont feel obliged about it Mami.. However, if you know any info ( even as simple as a recipe book name along these lines) please feel free to suggest..

Thank you,
    Regards,
    Savitha

3. Chitvish

4. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi madam,

I missed on the proportion while soaking for idli (extra urad dal i soaked and grinded). My ldli turned out slightly thin not very bad to be consumed as idlis.

Just wanted to know if i can use the batter for making idli cutlet as per your recipe. will the cutlet drink lot of oil bec of of extra urad dal? I read your recipe we need to add cheese, dip in maida/ besan paste and roll over crumbs and deep fry. Is it OK to do with this batter. I have guest tomorrow i thought i can make this. I got cheese also

waiting for your reply

thanks

sundari bhaskar

5. Chitvish

SB, go ahead & do it. But make idlis beforehand & make sure they are cold.
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  6. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi madam,

s thanks i shall do it and get back to you.

sundari bhaskar

7. rsa

rsa New IL'ite

Re: Sathu Maavu Kanchi Receipe needed

Dear Chitra Madam,

Thank you very much for your reply (Sathu Mavuu Kanchi Powder Reply) and really sorry for the late reply. Here, there is no flour mill, i am going try in high speed blender or mixer.

I am a silent reader of all your posts(for the past 4.5 yrs). Thanks a million for your time & receipes. Great help to many people!

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  8. sleela

sleela New IL'ite

Chitra mam,

thanks for ur reply.....:)

9. sleela

sleela New IL'ite

Re: no response

thanks for the link:)

10. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra mama,

My son is 4 yrs old. When i make pasta for him he does not like it at all and also i dont have microwave i used the normal kadai and it get little dry( might be the reason that he doesnt like it). I normall boil it with water and when its soft i remove it then fry onion & add pasta mix & tomatoe sause & cheese.I tried your recipe also from the index but did not turn well ( is it bcos i ddi not use microwave)Please suggest me some ways to make pasta in the way that he can eat it for his fibre or suggest some alternate way to use the pasts ( i got the small round ones) so that i dont waste it...Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.