1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Oh Aarthi, I know how tough it is to lose weight. The hormonal imbalance caused by PCOS ensured that i remained overweight and the PCOS wouldn't subside if I didn't lose weight. It was :rant:spin I used to walk 6 km a day - 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening. I never eat any fried stuff (didn't like them even as a child), lots of fruits and veggies. Never stuffed myself. But it made a marginal difference. What helped me lose weight was the pill. I think I am one of the few folks who benefited through it. I was really scared when I gained 21 kgs during pregnancy - The doc said I would have to work extra hard if I even dreamt about losing weight. My dad got me larger tops post delivery saying I would never lose weight:rotfl Though I don't know how, I am glad I've lost it all. I now weigh less than I ever did in my adult life! :) DH is trying to lose weight - will let you know when something works.

P, don't bother about MIL's comments. Easier said than done, I guess. :)

Aishu, give her a teether. Nilu still mouths everything. You get these silicone teethers that are chewable. Nilu preferred that. She never liked her plastic teethers. As for keeping her occupied, I too would suggest a walk. That can easily take an hour, at least 45 mins. My co sis had this gym mobile that she used to place near her baby. That child used to look at it without asking for attention - for any amount of time. That is another option when you want some time off. It didn't work with Nilu though.

This heat is getting to us. Nilu wants to go sit in a tub full of water 3-4 times a day. She doesn't want food and prefers water and juices. Heck! I feel that way too. The heat is sapping my energy too. Where is the Rain God/Goddess when you need him/her?

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

ladies,

i'm getting old so cannot catch up with you all. but thanks for these wonderful 'talking' dusts.. we're already on page 3!!!! i'm yet to read all your posts so please pardon my here n there replies.

DD slept through last night after like 3 weeks!!!! i don't need to explain how relieved i am. but i couldn't sleep at all, so did DH... both suffering from nasty sore throat. we were drinking herbal tea, milk with turmeric (and didn't do anything else!!!) on n off all night. thankfully the kids didn't wake up. i'll admit that we're one lazy family. today is one drizzling, cold day but i still see parents taking their kids out on a walk, all appropriately clad. we've been staying home and struggling to manage 1 grumpy girl and one over-excited boy:( the boy and dad are taking a nap at this time (5.45) so it's another sivarathri tonight:(

Aarthi,

yes yogi tea is also a german brand founded by a sikh:) i couldn't bake the mango tart today even though it's just a few steps away. i still can't fathom how my planning, prioritising all disappears with these 2 children and normal household chores. i was supposed to call my best friend who's expecting her 2nd child in couple of weeks this morning. i completely forgot.

sigh... it's already 6 and i have to iron DH's shirts today. DD is now so obsessed with this soo-soo project, as i call it:( everytime 'after' she has done no.1 she wants to go to the toilet. so we do this remove the diaper, sit on the toilet seat, chat, waste toilet paper, flush, run behind her to put the diaper back and in 5 minutes it's time again:( today DH tells me she's not letting me do anything... glad he realised that:)

Vinu's mom,

exactly... that's what i liked about the gift best. you can give the poem to anyone and it's so touchy. y'day DS gave to his dad with a cute kiss and hug to the empty gift box. DH was just home and he didn't immediately understand. so he was all set to open and then when stopped exclaimed 'oh it's an empty box'. to which DS gave a big explanation how it's a magic box with all his hugs and kisses...

catch you all later...

3. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

CC, So sweet of DD saying the bus left her... LOL

Latha, How did your baking effort come out yesterday? By the way, where do you post the pics? Is it in 'Virtual feat' section? I was trying to find one of your earlier dishes where everyone were saying 'it's tempting' and such for the pic and recipe, but couldn't find the pics/recipe

Nitha, Good luck with your move and unpacking. I know it's a pain organizing again. Oh.. I remember crying when I left the apartment where I lived only one year. but still that was my first place in US..;-) Is Chinnu's name Kiran?

Amitha, Seriously.. tell me about this.. no matter how long we drive, DHs are always insecure. My DH had made me cry at times. Now I have this trick, if he ever raises his voice and attempts to tense me while driving, I just pull-over and hand over the keys to him and get off the driver seat. I did this twice on long drives and then the 'making tense' issue has considerably reduced.

AD, second incident the same month.. take care. Glad you are safe...

Krithika, Thanks for the info on CP tablets. What food processor did you buy? I got a cuisinart recently but returned it after having to wash too many parts after use...

Aarthi, continuous is after my India visit, my chums was late and after the regular 4 days it stops for a day or two and then starts again. It's been two cycles like this... I'm starting on my CP today. I'm a little nervous about the sideeffects though..
    By the way Aarthi, did you bring the food processor from India?

Anitha, feel so sad when these little ones try hard to beat the heat. I was in India last July. DD was 11 months old and poor thing had her time..

Hello to all ladies here...

Yesterday I went grocery shopping when I was hungry. Imagine I got so much (veggies and ALL fruits, believe me) that my fridge is overflowing now :rant. DH was mad at me for buying stuff and then losing interest in cooking or eating it. So thought the only way to finish up so much in a week is eat it off.. So today is fruit diet day. Am excited. I am hoping I can stick on to it without running to the vending machine with a dollar bill now. This week end is supposed to be good here, looks like and we are planning some outing, lets see....

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

V- adhu is such a handsome lil boy!

latha- oh thank u for the new season,the earlier ones got so huge,i always got scared and kicked self out.lol.hope i can catch up with this one!

nitha- arey wat a cutie chinnu is....:)
    i know how it is once u got to open those brown boxes.... been there done that recently :(

tikka- never owned a food processor but i have a mandolin slicer,and a food slap chopper..love them both.itching to buy a small FP,esp to try the bread loafs by CV :))

amitha- leme tell u, me and DH havent really been in good terms,maybe not bad, but not good either,ever since we moved to cbe,and the sourness is our relationship has continued even after moving to hyd.hope and i really hope us staying away from his folks brings back some peace in my life.well if not how good it used to be,maybe not as bad as it is right now.we were best buddies before,even before marriage.Now he is a husband and i am a wife.know wat i mean?

anitha-arey tell me about it....i NEED to lose weight....wonder if i wld ever fit into my pre preg jeans??ever?

aishu-tell me about it...yes it is tough to entertain them !i too have a catnapper but now post 7 months she entertains herself and us too!i had discussed certain brain builder exercises some other post, do chk.they are LOt of fun!
    as much as i rem, i would do these brain builders with Z,then put her in her crib n she enjoyed her mobile.put her in rocker,put her in her playmat...sing to her, talk to her,read her books with huge bright pictures...
    now its a whole diff ballgame...:)

ramya- highchair is a good idea, my daughter is a pathetically messy eater, am sure all LOs are, and i was going mad washing her rocker and pram....where she was fed ...so highchair is now reserved for this messy business...plus now , i put mashed banana and mashed papaya on the highchair plate, she feeds herself!

aarthi- now u are motivating me to go out,get walking!phewww, about time to dust my treadmill,and religiously start using it.

P- did i tell u i dunno how to make idli batter?tsk....i just use the store bought,but now i gotta learn somehow to make some idlis for Z :(....u know until i married ,idli was like a feast for us,once in a while LOL....

arthi- why dont u also upload a family pic?all u ladies hv the priviledge to meet each other so often.will be a bonus for me,when i cant meet any of u :)

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Z is such a crazy girl.crazy crazy crazy...earlier when she learnt to roll, she kept on rolling all day,all night.and i had to keep her amongst 4 pillows so that she doesnt keep rolling in her sleep n get up.pheww!

last two days madam has learnt to sit up by her own,so she gets up ,sits up and starts to pull my night dress.aarrgghh!i put her back to sleep,again after an hour she sits up! the whole day n night she been practicing sitting up and not been sleeping.

she is growing so very fast. tried to get up holding the low seating couch and get up,and BOOM THUD followed by a loud cry.she fell and there we have a swollen forehead.:(

she has now learnt 3 words, mama,papa and mumum(for food)....mumum she keeps forgetting,but mama papa mama papa is wat goes on the entire day.

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Already on to page 3! Wow!

Pooh, Z is such a cutie. Only if we weren't so tired, we would enjoy all the sitting up!

It is almost 2! Maid is on leave for 2 days. I had an overflowing sink, a load of clothes to wash, and of all days, a clingy child today! Nilu slept by 9:30. Made dinner and had it at 10:30! Cleaned up, washed vessels and the clothes, they are out drying, put away the toys and other stuff. The hall and kitchen look good and I feel good! :thumbsup Maybe I should do this everyday. Ok off to zzzzzz....land. DH has to leave early tomorrow!

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Pooh,

thanks to Vanathi for the prompt (to start a new season):) Zoey is really fast, isn't she? to me her sitting practice sounds too cute but i also know what it means to be in mother's shoes;)

Anitha,

hugs dearie for the over time. i did that too tonight. we're all sick that means clingy children, little help from DH and myself no energy. today i had to iron else no shirts for DH tomorrow. i still have much to clear but atleast i found no molds in the fridge (thank God!!), socks are in place, garbage cleared.. the basics sorted out:)

DH asked me something for which i have no proper answer : why are we so scared/tensed about managing our own children? the discussion came in when i was telling him how terrible little A is getting on certain occasions. do you all feel the same way too at times?

the nap helped me but now i'm like a ghost:( off to prepare menu for the week... god!!! sleep complain, no sleep complain... what a silly woman i am:(

Sri,

any news about Lee? haven't seen her here lately.

8. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Oh my, we are in page 3 already... I must be the last one to mark my presence here...

Latha, I think "our own" children is why managing them is sometimes tough. They take out all their tricks on us poor moms :)...

Pooh, Z sitting up already! She is growing up fast.

Anitha, hope you were able to catch some zzzz

Girls another one with a backseat driver here. Whats up with husbands and backseat driving. DH's BP shoots up when he sits in the passenger seat with me driving. Now he drives when we go together except on long drives when he needs a break.

9. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your birthday wishes girls!! Aparna had a nice time at her party yesterday. She was not cranky or fussy even in the presence of aronud 45 ppl. I am very very happy that it went well!Will post the pics soon!

Latha : That poem was very sweet. Glad that DD slept. It surely helps when they had had a good night's sleep.
    Lyn was on a vacation to Mangalore. She joined back couple of days ago,but she is busy with work plus its her DD's birthday on 15th so preparing for that as well. Will let her know that she's being missed here :)

Pooh : Zoey's seven month's right? And sitting up...Great! Now soon she'll start crawling on all fours and then there's absloultely no holding back!

Anitha : Ohh u were up till 2 doing all that....hope Nilu gave some time for u to sleep!
    I too have PCOS but then my weight doesn't seem to budge. I am on the pill too, so my chums are regular now..but i have a long way to go as far as my weight is concerned.

SS : A fruit diet day...Its good once in a while! I too am planning to have just fruits juices and soups today..Had whole lot of stuff at the party yesterday. So decide to give some rest to my system

Nitha, Raj : Good Luck with your move.

Arthi - Good that there wasn't a serious damage to ur car. And how could you remain silent while DH was venting ...I can never do that....i have the habit of replying then and there....and thats a habit of mine that DH hates...have to really work on it

P - Thanks for the birthing day wishes. Thats the first time someone wished me that way and it sure took me a year back while i was in the labour room waiting to see her :)

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hi girls...

quick note - I was feeling very very low last evening n night.. cried myself to sleep.. there is no obvious problem but I have been thinking a lot of how I am leading life.. so not how I really wish to and I felt so bad for having nothing in my control.. like I want to switch jobs.. but havent taken any step forward, need to do something else in life so I get to spend more time with DS, have not done anything drastic abt it, want to move out as a family to a new place, taken few baby step but lot of dependencies... even little things like printing some family pictures, getting a new internet connection, updating my resume, etc etc... it is like I am waiting waiting on 1001 things that I want to do in my life.. a few yrs back, everything was in my control.. if I think I need a new job, I would ned up with 2 offers in a week's time.. but now I suddenly feel I can do NOTHING abt the changes I intend to bring in.. not that I am not taking effort - but nothing works as expected.. everything goes beyond my hands.. I constanly feel some negtaive power is pulling me down everytime I hold god's hands to move upwards! have any of you felt that way?? how do you cope with it?

today I am feeling a lot better.. I am going to write down what all I want/ intend to do - what I need to start on for to achieve each of it - whats stopping me from doing it.. so I know what challenge I am in for..

thanks for hearing my rants girls.. Hugs everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.