Help to speak in English

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Prithu, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Prithu

Prithu Bronze IL'ite

hello indusladies ,i need a help from you. can any one is willing to speak online in english sothat i can improve my english. i can read, and understand english very well but alittle bit of stammering is there. as my son is studying in french medium i dont have chance to improve my english. could u plese help me. if any one spare one hour speak in english with me i could really improve myself. iam not interested in spoken courses conducted by some insitutions lilike veeta to attend . is there anybody is willing to coach for me? thanks in advance.

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

:goodidea: Prithu,

I hope some one will come to help you. You talk to your child and husband in English. Have heard "Rapidex" English speaking course offering audio cassets for this purpose. You try to buy one. Watch English news in TV.
    Good luck Prithu, I appreciate your enthusiasm of learn to speak.

3. Prithu

Prithu Bronze IL'ite

dear safa i used to follow this ,hence there is no improvement.

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Prithu,

Where are you placed in chennai? what you have todo is to read out aloud . Whenever you get time, take a magazine or a book and read out like you study for the examination. Let your tongue get used to the language and the pronunciation. It is easy and I can help you. I am also here in chennai. Do send me a pm, if you like.

Latha :wave

5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi prithu,
    make friends thro IL & do voice chatting thro yahoo chat or with some chatting,who is very good in spoken language.
    so u'll get good friends also u can improve ur english.
    good luck:2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  6. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Prithu,
    french medium? In Chennai? Why? Is your husband French? Just curious. If you do not feel comfortable, ignore my post.

7. Prithu

Prithu Bronze IL'ite

hai. varloo i am in pondicherry .so iput my son in french medium. it is conducted by french govt. as we are having french nationality .i put him in that school. but my daughter has finished her higher secondryin indian system. now she is doing medicine at pims .as she is staying in hostel iamseeking a chating partner to improve my english. i am following all the methods as eljaype has mentioned so that i am able to use this site this mu ch .thanks to u r response.

8. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Prithu,

It is nice to hear that you are trying your best. It is not hard. Listen to english programs in TV not foreign channels our channels. Try to get the right pronunciation. Slowly try it out on your daughter. Ask her to help you.
    Daughters are the gurus nowadays. What we don't know they'll teach us. Nowadays the kids are not like how we were, in our days.
    When you talk to her, ask her to correct the mistakes you make. Ok.
    All the best
    Latha :wave

9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

I read this interesting article thought to share with u ladies-

Learn to speak English in 10 days flat!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Kochi: Call it a magic formula. A Kerala resident claims he can teach people how to speak English fluently in exactly 10 days.

Jacob Nettikkadan, a 68-year-old philologist, claims to have innovated a technique of teaching English that has now found favour with the Kerala education department. He says with his magic formula a graduate can start speaking English on the fourth day itself.

Nettikkadan has been doing research on this technique for the past 45 years.

Nettikkadan chucked his job as an export manager in Kolkata 24 years ago and began a short-term course on how to speak English in 10 days.

'I ran this course in Kolkata for nine years. And for the past nearly 15 years I have been teaching people here. By now I have trained more than 5,000 people from various walks of life,' Nettikkadan told IANS.

He offers a 10-day residential course for an all-inclusive fee of Rs.5,000. Each batch has 30 students.

Every day his session runs into nine hours.

Even if a student wants to go home after four days, he insists that in the remaining six days of the course the student has to speak only English at home. That is why he insists that the course be a fulltime residential one.

In 10 days, the learner gets 10 times more knowledge in the language because the method of constructing 1,877 types of sentences in English is through 1,877 usages of verb - one type of sentence based on one usage of verb.

'This system will revolutionise future language learning and research to make it simple, interesting, fast and productive, irrespective of its nomenclature or country of origin,' said Nettikkadan.

His efforts have now been recognised by the Kerala education department, which is now preparing a five-year-plan to introduce this system in the training curriculum.

If a student is a graduate, then it is easy to pick up, if not, then it takes a bit more effort to speak English fluently,' he said.

Impressed by his technique, American Richard Canandy, who is an accomplished teacher of English, will assist Nettikkadan from the next batch.

10. sarswathti

sarswathti New IL'ite

hi prithu, iam also hving the same problem &very keen to improve speaking eng.if you get any good solution pl inform me too.waiting for your reply.thanks