1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aadhusmom, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Girls, leaving in another couple of hours...Planning to go to Theni, my mom's hometown as well... and then I asked DH, if we can plan for a picnic to Thekkady (just 60kms from there) and he said willsee.. So waiting for that now.. after that willmove to IL's place, couple of days there and back here..

so scared about Shibu's reaction .. praying that she should cooperate...

V, yes will miss you by two days.. are u just visiting the place or staying there?

Will meet you all on Monday..
    Happy weekends gals...
    Vidyaa

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Vidyaa - Have a nice time at the mottai function and hope this is a good break for you as well !!
    Uma - So, you hvae 2 girls ...thats sweet!! I am Ramya and I have a 7mo old girl. DO rant youor MIL issues ...we will hear it out. btw, what happened to the job?
    Pooh - I am cannot console you with the weather here ... hot and humid and frequest power cuts ..eeeks.
    Aarthi- Good luck on your weight loss program. Do let us know when you will be in India.
    Latha - Can you suggest some tea for getting rejuvinated.
    Uma/Latha - MIL issues will never cease ..but I must admit that except for occasional rubs, mine is pretty ok and veyr good by heart. Just that she loves her daughters too much ;)) one thing which is making adjusting very tough.
    Rant time - DD is neither sleeping at day, nor night ...not more than 45 min anytime. I am really tired. To top it all our maid is not there this month (summer vacation) and I am doing most of the washing for DD's clothes. House work is also a mess and MIL/SIL take care of it.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Vanathi, You are right, I think it is the case of a watched pot not boiling over. looks like you have easily slipped into the role of "or agathi", looks like the younger sis in law is looking up to you already. Good job.
    Latha, does your younger one have issues with travelling as such or is it just the bus. Allergies? DS had a lot of runny nose and cough/scratchy throat at my parents' place but nothing here. Wondering if it is an allergen for us too.
    Uma, I wrote a msg here yesterday and the current suddenly tripped. Anyway, welcome back. Comgrats on the second one, pretty names you have for the girls. Anytime you feel like it you can take my son for your girl. He is passably good looking - even if it is just mommy dearest saying it, he is quite a well behaved boy except when he wants to sing and talk nonstop. Other than that he is a perfect angel for those who love boys. Guarantee voided if you get him anywhere near a concert though ;-).
    Aarthi, I recently did some blood tests to see how my thyroid was. That seems completely normal - I have a history of thyroid disease. But looks like I am perimenopausal too. Damn them ovaries and all that. Waiting for my menses and to fix other stuff. For a few days I was really hopeful that I am actually pregnant and that I may after all have another child.
    Pooh, that must be quite a jump in temp for little Z. Hopefully she settles in well.
    Vidyaa, have a great holiday.
    Ramya, it maybe worth the while to see if there is a medical cause for her sleep disturbance.
    All mommies, how are you ladies doing today. I am so exhausted I took a nap in the afternoon. Now I have three loads of laundry to fnishi and straighten up the house. dinner is simple stuff, not going to break my head because we had a nice beetroot bread this morning and yummy bitter gourd in the noon. Some fruits and stuff will take care of today's dose of veggie and fruit matter for the LO. I am desperately trying to shed my weight gain - I am close to 60 kg now - a total 10 kg gain since last June :-( and a certain someone is poking fun at my pooch. I am off to do some brisk exercise later in the day/night nowadays...

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Sri, don't worry, you have made your decision. You can be at peace on the home front. Reg. career, I'm sure things will fall in place when you are ready to start.

V, you seem to be the middleman (woman) for SIL!

Pavi, Amitha has great tips. There is a thread in the toddler section about things to carry on a flight. have you checked that? Most of it may be applicable to babies who start solids but you may find some tips. I've never been to India when my LO's were that young but from domestic flights it seems it will be easier since you don't have to carry jars and food etc. I agree with Amitha, ask for the front row seats, they will give that for moms with kids. It has extra legroom that can be a "play area". I think these seats are called bassinet seats or bulkhead row. Call ahead and make sure you get these. They will give you a bassinet for the baby.

S-s, totally agree with healthcare system here!

AD, hope the lightbulb goes on and you get the solution...

Pooh, 45 degrees must be tough. How is Z doing?

Uma, so now you have two girls! how is LO doing? I remember you had a wonderful maid...

Latha, its been non-stop rain here as well. It is cold like wnter. I'm in dire need of some sun as well.

Aarthi, good luck with weight loss plans.

Ramya, when is the maid back?

5. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Tikka - Took DD to Doc 2 days back and he feels that this sleep issue is normal and will settle in time :((.:hide: He said that I am worrying unnecessarily. Just a question, if you don;t mind, if you want one, why don't you have another child?:thumbsup

Sri - Whatever it is, you have made a decision and that is right. Take time to relax, spend with LO, settle things at home and enjoyy with the little one.

Sindhu - Maid is back only beginning of June and she was the one whom I had set to double up as a baby sitter too. So, MIL is not loaded with a lot of house hold work and is unable to take care of Adwi. I am having office work and juggling between the two.

V - Atleast for sometime now, you will be the middle-man for your Co-sis (other than her husband ofcourse). How I wish I had a co-sis ...like I said before..common ILs, common problems ....common rants .... like girl friends ..super cool !!

Uma - What are the names of your girls...?

6. sri112

sri112 Junior IL'ite

I am feeling so much better today. Its just that while submiitting my resignation yesterday I had a thousand doubts and questions in mind.Had a HTH talk with DH last night. That helped a lot.
    So am looking at the brighter side of things now. I can move to Pune and be with DH everyday :) . Till now he used to keep visiting over the weekends. I can be with LO and watch her grow up and do things which i always wanted to do but had no time for.
    Get back into shape...have hardly lost my pregnancy weight....and to think that LO is a year old.
    And ohh yes...its her birthday tomorrow. Have planned a party in the evening. Hope she enjoys it!

Uma - Welcome here!

Sindhu - having a nice time with in-laws?? How long are they there? Hey which part of Kerala are u from

Ramya - have you just joined back? Could that be the reason for her change in Adwi's sleep schedule.
    Why dont you wash her clothes in the washin machine? You could run that once during the day.

Vidyaa - Have a nice trip! Hope LO copes up well.

Aarthi - Good luck with your weight loss. I am with you too :)

Latha - Hugs. Lots of health vibes on ur way. Hope yourself and LO get well soon

Arthi - Get well soon!

Poonam - 45deg..thats bad. Mumbai is no better either...just keep sweating throughout the day. Rains are expected on June 1st. Hope it starts soon

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Tikka,

I don't think there's any disturbing factor in the bus as such. she's in this 'i'll explore all as i want' phase that doesn't go well all the time:( earlier she was just happy to be sitting next to her brother in the bus and watching everyone. now she wants to walk around, get down at every stop etc., on carrying her - since baby days she hasn't been responsive to baby carriers too. i bought a rather expensive mei tai that she never liked:( the cold - it's pretty unavoidable with the older one bringing in all seasonal germs from pre-school. my boy is quite strong willed and this one is even more... good or bad i'll know only in their teen days:)

good journey Vidya... you never know shibu might be a darling angel. but only for the weather there... take care!

Ramya,

i often refer to herbal and fruit tea mixes in library. if you want i can give a recipe here but i doubt you'll get the ingredients back home. hibiscus tea is high in Vit-C and is sort of energising as well. one of the other reasons i love living in Germany. i ask at my pharmacy some alternative for common ailments and they give me herbal teas or homeo and i can trust.

Aarthi,

welcome to the herbal tea club:) the first time i ever knew some other tea (even green tea) existed was when DH took me to singapore (he was working there). i was like a kiddo in candy shop. then lost interest. all got re-kindled in Germany. i believe the herbal teas+acupuncture during pregnancy helped me deliver little A vaginally (after the first C) without any tear. they do make a change in your system but a little slowly like ayurveda, yoga. right now my fav is an arabian mix with fennel, rose petals etc., we have loads of them here...

Sri,

so are you moving to Pune? that'd be nice,isn't it? glad you're looking into the positives so fast..

tomorrow is daddy's day, is it? DS has made a small gift box with hearts and ribbons fixed liberally. this is what the card on it reads -

This is a very special gift
    That you can never see
    The reason it's so special is
    It's just for you from me.

Whenever you are lonely
    Or are ever feeling blue
    You only have to hold this gift
    And know I'm hugging you.

You never can unwrap it
    Please leave the ribbon tied
    Just hold the box close to your heart
    It's filled with hugs from me.
    -----
    lovely, isn't it? I like this gift better than the mother's day one LOL!

i'll tempt you all with my baking plan for tomorrow - a mango mousse tart in macadamia crust... yum yum it sounds.. wish me good luck and i'll treat you all visually:)

8. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Latha, loads of luck for the baking treat. Do share the recipe- if it is not too tough, I might make it too. The mangoes are yummy right now! And that was a very sweet poem! Lucky dad!

Sri, great to see the positive aspects. Have a blast at the party. Happy Birthday to the little one!

V, looks like you've made a nice impression :thumbsup Good luck with the arrangements and hope you all have a nice time at the wedding.

Vidyaa, Shibu might surprise you by being a very sweet girl during the tonsure. It is very hot, so keep yourselves hydrated.

Ramya, hi!

Uma, hi! I am Anitha and I have a 13 month old girl, Nilu.

Hi to everyone else.

I took your advice and got my blood work done. Everything is normal. So relief there. I guess it is the heat that is getting to me! Planning to get my hormones checked this weekend. I have a question - when do kids know the meaning of the words they say? Nilu says about 10 words, but I doubt if she knows what they mean. Some bragging here - Nilu makes sure I feed whatever toy is beside her or the characters in the book/video that she is watching when having her meals. She asks me to feed them once and once she does it herself. And she feeds me too! I just hope this attitude stays with her and she will share her toys too later! :) And I think it is high time I got her a high chair - she must learn to sit in one place and eat. She used to do that and we thought we wouldn't need one. But ever since she started walking, she refuses to sit in one place! :spin Any recos for the high chair?

9. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Ladies,

At last got my prescription for CP and got it too.. Now the worry is I don’t know when to start it. May be Vanathi and others can help me here. Since my flow is kind of continuous, is it ok to start the CP and will that stop my vicious aunt flow..?

Amitha, How are you?

Uma, MILs issue.. tell us about it…Never ending they are.
    Srilankan maid… I heard one of my friends who moved from here complaining that “you need extra energy and effort just to manage and guide the maids”….

Aarthi and Tikka, Weightloss… count me in ladies. I started doing yoga for 4 days and in all the enthusiasm went and bought myself a yoga mat, some nice workout clothes on Saturday. And haven’t opened them yet and looks like I’m never going to open them..LOL..

Ramya, Did you try giving her a nice bath before bedtime and feed her full? Kids don’t sleep well if they are hungry… Also could be just a phase. As far as I have seen with DD, there is a no-eating phase and then no-drinking and then things get back to normal after a few days and the cycle continues..

Latha, after you explanations of herbal tea am tempted to try some now. Will hunt for it over the week end..:) Didn’t know today was daddy’s day. Doesn’t fathers day come sometime in June? Good luck with your baking effort Latha

Sri, Glad that you will be joining your hubby soon… Heard Pune is a very nice place to live…

Vidyaa, Theni and Thekkadi are beautiful places.. My mom is from a village about 20 kms from Theni and I have fond memories of the place.

Anitha, that’s so sweet of Nilu. I don’t know about the age but know that they gradually learn the meaning. DD is 21 months old now and understands most of what we say. And about sitting in one place and eating, I’m unable to make her do that. She was ok until about 18 months and then started the running around and me running behind her. Sometimes very annoying. But she stands up from the highchair and tries to jump or throws food all around.

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

gals today went out for some urgent purchases, and i really had no idea heat strokes can be this bad.i fainted,a roadside subjiwala was good enough to hand over a bottle of water.now i have made a point to not step out before 6 pm.
    DH got scared,and been asking me to stay indoors.

Z has become weird of late.she hates to be breastfed, i force her to latch and we go 5, on lucky days 6 breastfeeds...its weird, she wails as if i hurt her, wen i try to latch her. then gets off my lap and sits up.... but if u give her a sippyful of water,she is SO HAPPY!
    my milk supply has been pathetic,and i feel she was once used to the OALD and fast flow, is getting bored with the highly reduced flow.i had added a few pumping sessions whenever i get time, but it shows zero difference...Z has been off formula for over a 1.5 months! wonder if i should start.what do u ladies think?

this extreme weather has been killing her, as well as us.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.